• Blew By You

DAS updates please

We'll be going to Disneyland in November and I would like to hear from those who have gone through the experiences of the DAS system. The reason is that we can write out a narrative for our daughter so she will not be totally surprised and confused using DAS. Facts more than opinions but opinions are welcomed. Good and bad facts. And any tips would be very welcomed.
    Thank you.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Re: DAS updates please

I suggest checking out the disABILITIES board (try searching for it under the exact spelling i listed, it's in the disboards site). Tons of information and first hand experience.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    We'll be going to Disneyland in November and I would like to hear from those who have gone through the experiences of the DAS system. The reason is that we can write out a narrative for our daughter so she will not be totally surprised and confused using DAS. Facts more than opinions but opinions are welcomed. Good and bad facts. And any tips would be very welcomed.
    Thank you.
    WHOA!!!
    not touching this one with a 10' pole...

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    I suggest checking out the disABILITIES board (try searching for it under the exact spelling i listed, it's in the disboards site). Tons of information and first hand experience.
    Thank you. Seems like the newness of the system has to be taken into account.

I just listened to the last Disboards podcast and it sounds like people with wheelchairs/ecv's are having a horrible time in the alternative wait lines. After they are given a return time card and come back after that time, they still have to wait ridiculous amounts of time to actually get on the ride. I forget which day this was, but it was during MHP not long after the DAS was implemented. Hopefully some of these kinks have been ironed out somewhat by now.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Minion

I have use the non wheel chair a couple times. If u have any detailed question u can pm me. First u go to city hall and explain why you need the pass like you did before. If u meet the standards they will give you the pass. They take your picture and it appears in color on the pass. Next you sign it and say you agree to the rules. They will ask you then if you know the first ride you want to go on. They will do the current wait time minus 10 min. They write this on the back of the cards. Now u r free to wonder the park till it is time to go in the rides. I noticed most of the bigger rides were roughly an hour. Once you ride the ride you can get another time. There are kioks through out the park to get the next time. Your daughter does not have to be with u to get the time. The kioks are outside the store by buzz light year, outside of mr toads wild ride, at the end of main st at the information center and my the exit of haunted mansion.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    I just listened to the last Disboards podcast and it sounds like people with wheelchairs/ecv's are having a horrible time in the alternative wait lines. After they are given a return time card and come back after that time, they still have to wait ridiculous amounts of time to actually get on the ride. I forget which day this was, but it was during MHP not long after the DAS was implemented. Hopefully some of these kinks have been ironed out somewhat by now.
    Fast Pass does not operate during the Halloween Party. Since DAS is based on wait times for Fast Passes, I can understand why there was a long wait. They probably had to wait the equivalent of stand-by.

• Minion

Das is based on current standby line