boyfriend's "first" time at Disneyland

I put "first" in quotes because it isn't literally, but metaphorically I think it is

I say this because the first time he went was on a limited time school band trip (which I was on as well, but we didn't know each other, fun fact). There wasn't too much opportunity to ride the rides, see shows, etc.

Also... cue scary music.... he was with one of "those" groups of people who made him ride only Space Mountain over. and over. and over again. Didn't even go to DCA or see any shows...shame.

Oh and they got stuck on IASW so he's traumatized of that... but we're still going anyway because it's a must do.

This is no way to truly enjoy the park, imho, so I want him to really get a good experience this time around.

We will have three days passes, and be with family as well.

What do you think he should experience first? Something that will really give him that "magical Disney feeling", as opposed to "LET'S GO ON ALL THE BIG ROLLER COASTERS AND NOTHING ELSE BECAUSE THOSE RIDES ARE FOR KIDS"

opinions? thanks

• formerly very helpful

Re: boyfriend's "first" time at Disneyland

Can't go wrong with Pirates of the Carribean. Disney's masterpiece.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    I put "first" in quotes because it isn't literally, but metaphorically I think it is

I say this because the first time he went was on a limited time school band trip (which I was on as well, but we didn't know each other, fun fact). There wasn't too much opportunity to ride the rides, see shows, etc.

Also... cue scary music.... he was with one of "those" groups of people who made him ride only Space Mountain over. and over. and over again. Didn't even go to DCA or see any shows...shame.

Oh and they got stuck on IASW so he's traumatized of that... but we're still going anyway because it's a must do.

This is no way to truly enjoy the park, imho, so I want him to really get a good experience this time around.

We will have three days passes, and be with family as well.

What do you think he should experience first? Something that will really give him that "magical Disney feeling", as opposed to "LET'S GO ON ALL THE BIG ROLLER COASTERS AND NOTHING ELSE BECAUSE THOSE RIDES ARE FOR KIDS"

opinions? thanks
    Might I suggest taking it easy and letting *him* set the pace? Have suggestions at the ready, but it sounds like a big part of the problem is that he's already been on someone else's schedule. Being able to pick and choose what and where to go on his own might go a long way to making the previous issues go away.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Agreed, don't make him go on Small World.

• Minion

Starting him off with Pirates would be a good idea like sbk1234 said

• Minion

ORWEN: Let's see, I'd say Dumbo's Flying Elephants is a must!! Hurry to the elephants first!! Then get in line for all the Disney Princesses that meet and greet at the Fantasy Faire--but just don't let him stay there too long or he may forget all about you! Then make sure you really do ride It's a Small World as much as possible. Oh and don't forget the Matterhorn!! (Let us know if either of you get bruises from that). Make sure you eat at the Mary Poppins Bakery, too. They have the best food. And make sure you both see Fantasmic and the Fireworks. Last, but not least, be sure you do the Story book Land Canal boats.

Although it may be time-consuming, I feel like experiencing the park chronologically would be a fun way for a "first-timer" such as your boyfriend. However, I think the suggestion of letting him decide what to do and set the pace would be nice, as well.

I expect a trip report with many photographs, and enjoy your time together! It's always fun with newbies.

http://www.facebook.com/christopher.allred2
    Feel free to add me. I love getting to know new people.

I love the chronological order idea!!

Personally, I like to take people on Soaring for their first ride.

• Under that tree again!

A circle tour on the train is often suggested.

I like Dumbo and the rides within the Castle Walls.

Really my personal suggestion is go left and stay going left. Jungle Cruise, Indy or get a FP for later. Tree House maybe. Pirates, Mansion and then Splash.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I reckon for your first disneylabd trip you have to go straight to fantasy land and ride all the dark rides. For me that is disneyland that's where the magic is

When I took my bf to Disneyland for his first time the first ride we went on was Pirates. After that he was hooked and is now a Disneyland junkie like me.