Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Donald's #1 Fan

Re: Little interesting things you may have missed from DL for repeat visitors..

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Find the hidden Donald in Mickey's House.

Look for the Eeyore parking lot sign in the Indy queue. Ask a CM to show you after watching the safety video.

Get your wish granted at Aladdin's other lamp in the Adventureland Bazaar.

Ask a CM if you can see the secret pet cemetery at The Haunted Mansion.

Get a free map of the Jungle Cruise from the shipping office at the exit.
    Had no clue about any of those. Thanks!

Im always on the search for more hidden Mickeys. Thats a hobby in itself. You could ride the Lilly Belle! On my next trip (2 days!!! ) Im going to try to find the echo by Innoventions.

Three different railings intersecting to the right of the smoking area near Matterhorn (it used to be in the smoking area). Just stay to the right as you walk into Fantasyland from Tomorrowland and go beneath the monorail track where the Autopia passes and you can see the submarines going into the cave.

I know you avoid innoventions, but have you gone in there for the peter pan story time in the boys bedroom? It's so lovely and quite magical and worth the trip in there.

At the Coke Corner at the end of main street look up at the lights. Every other lamp is either Red or White, except there was a problem. There is an odd number of sockets, so with the last socket they could not have a Red or White lamp without having two of the same color next to each other.

Solution: A half Red half White lamp.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    At the Coke Corner at the end of main street look up at the lights. Every other lamp is either Red or White, except there was a problem. There is an odd number of sockets, so with the last socket they could not have a Red or White lamp without having two of the same color next to each other.

Solution: A half Red half White lamp.

This is a grrrrreat find!!!!!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Mrs. J. Depp

People often overlook the fun little machines in the shops, and I'm not talking pressed pennies here! There are several fortune teller type machines in the Adventureland shops and Esmeralda on Main Street. Not sure if Fortune Red is still in New Orleans Square or not. They always remind me of the movie Big with Tom Hanks. Also I think it's the Candy Palace that still has the penny film machines? Those are really neat and a nice nod to the past. I'd say go check out the party lines on the old fashioned phones in the Market House, but honestly I'm quite sure they just don't have the same appeal as they used to.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Down Pluto!

The mirror up on the wall in the Mad Hatter's Hat Shop in Fantasyland. If you watch, about every minute or so, the Cheshire Cat appears...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

One of my fav's is in Pooh as you come out of the Heffalump and woozle dream scene, look behind you above the door as you enter the next room and the moose heads from Bear Country Jamboree are there.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The mirror up on the wall in the Mad Hatter's Hat Shop in Fantasyland. If you watch, about every minute or so, the Cheshire Cat appears...
    Didn't know that. Good find!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

A repeat visitor would rush by the things that already seen. Why see Small World one more time? That song gets into my head. They should ride it one more time because they haven't for a long time. The Fantasyland rides are easily missed. Ride the Storybook Land Canal Boats and the Casey Jr. Circus Train. It is fine that you're not a toddler or tourist anymore. These rides should not be missed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    A repeat visitor would rush by the things that already seen. Why see Small World one more time? That song gets into my head. They should ride it one more time because they haven't for a long time. The Fantasyland rides are easily missed. Ride the Storybook Land Canal Boats and the Casey Jr. Circus Train. It is fine that you're not a toddler or tourist anymore. These rides should not be missed.
    I wish I could ride the Fantasyland rides more often, but the people I go with dislike them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    What happens when you grab the golden apple outside Snow White...
    You can touch the apple every few seconds, there are three slightly different actions, and the third is the biggest.

When you go by the popcorn machines look at the "Turners", the little machines that turn the cranks to pop the corn.

It depends on the weather, how busy it is, and who's working, but you can ride on the engine tender of one of the Disneyland Rail Road trains. From the Main Street Station you and one other guest can make the "Grand Circle Tour" on the Tender Seat of Engine #1 or #2 by asking the Engineer or Fireman (the guys running the engine) if you can. You can only get on the tender seat at Main Street Station, you can only get off at Main Street Station, only one or two can ride, you can only ride on Engine #1 or #2, and you can only ride if the Engineer or Fireman says you can, but if everything comes together it's a once in a lifetime ride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast