Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Little interesting things you may have missed from DL for repeat visitors..

Buzzfeed recently did a post like this:

16 Awesome Hidden Gems You Must Experience At Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Where are those?
    They're sham masts and sails mounted on top of the POTC show building. From below, they appear to be out in the "harbor" where they loom over the town.

Aerial view

• Disneyland Nut

Ask the Indiana Jones greeter for a decoder card or use the decoder app.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by MsMandy View Post
    Ask the Indiana Jones greeter for a decoder card or use the decoder app.
    They still give out decoder cards? I still have one from when the ride was newer, and when it was sponsored by AT&T.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Head down East Center Street and find this wall near the locker entrance. This wall was built during construction of Main Street. When Main Street was being built they used this wall to test out different brick styles. If you close enough to the wall you can see 4 different styles. Later someone thought it was a good place to put a drinking fountain.
    Name:  IMG_1676.JPG
Views: 239
Size:  203.2 KB
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Indiana Scott

/\ That's really interesting Brian. I've seen that area and wondered what was up.

Another great spot is the old Tahitian Terrace restaurant (Tahitian Terrace at Yesterland) located between The Tiki room and the river for JC. It's not open all the time but if there's a meet and greet with Jasmine you can go in and snoop. There's usually not many people present and all the tables are still there so you can take a rest in this quiet little shaded oasis and check out the gorgeous tropical surroundings.

Scott

• Donald's #1 Fan

Thanks! That's some amazing info!

• Functional & Decorative

I remember noticing the detail that the clouds in the "sky" (mostly once you get to the burning town) on Pirates actually move. I thought that was a cool detail that is very easily missed.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

I forgot about the Cheshire Cat that's on the side of Alice in Wonderland ride until my last visit
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  119.2 KB
    And earlier this year I finally went through the sleeping beauty castle walk through.

Does anyone know if this is true of the Main Street Magic Shop window displays? I've never seen it myself, but I'm definitely going to check it out next time I'm there!

"The windows also have a moving display that depicts a classic magic stage effect called “haunted hanks.” Every ten minutes or so the hanks come alive in a display. Even when the hanks aren’t dancing around, you’ll find that the prominent red handkerchief in the left window occasionally twitches - a precursor to the dancing effect."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123