Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Donald's #1 Fan

Little interesting things you may have missed from DL for repeat visitors..

Hello!

I assume plenty of people around here know the park inside and out, but still... I was wondering, for someone who has been quite a few times there, but thinks hasn't seen everything, what would you suggest?

For example, I didn't know about the ASME plaque outside the TL monorail station at Tomorrowland, I'm going to look for it next time I'm there.

I loved going to the indoor patio at the old Disney Gallery. It was empty most of the time, I guess not many people knew about it.

I still have never been to Tom Sawyer's Island. I'm correcting that mistake next November.

What's your favorite part that not many people know about at DL? Something easily overlooked?

And please - no Innoventions. I overlook that part of the park on purpose.

• formerly very helpful

Re: Little interesting things you may have missed from DL for repeat visitors..

There is Innoventions! Just kidding.

But seriously, about halfway down Mainstreet, right by the lockers, is a building labeled as the Hotel Marceline. I love that since it pays homage to Walt's boyhood town, Marceline, MO.

ANd don't forget the light in Walt's window over the firehouse.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    There is Innoventions! Just kidding.

But seriously, about halfway down Mainstreet, right by the lockers, is a building labeled as the Hotel Marceline. I love that since it pays homage to Walt's boyhood town, Marceline, MO.

ANd don't forget the light in Walt's window over the firehouse.
    Oh yeah. Always stand a bit outside Walt's window. And in front of his statue. Dumb, I know. But it's my way of saying "thanks".

• Hooterville, USA

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Hooterville, USA

The treehouse where you can see the top of the attraction buildings.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Indiana Scott

The Wicked Queen in her window making an appearance. I finally looked for it and witnessed her last trip.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    The Wicked Queen in her window making an appearance. I finally looked for it and witnessed her last trip.
    My son got nightmares for months when he was 2 years old. My brother in law pointed it out to him. He was terrified.

I actually got the strange idea that he really disliked DL during his first trip. I guess he was too young and he thought everything was real... for better and for worse.

There's this great ride everybody always forgets about, but I forget what it's called. You can see the track for it shortly after you walk into Tomorrowland directly above you. It's really quite fun and often overlooked.

The name escaped me right now, the Human Transporter, or something? Anyway, something to look into.

Thor will be there November 1st you can get a photo of him and see props from the movie. I won't say where though, but he will be somewhere in the park starting November..

You can look for the wood that is blocking what used to be Court of Angels.

Seriously though, if you are going to DCA too. I HIGHLY recommend going to the Mad T Party and watching the live band. We go almost every weekend just to watch them perform.
    We are also fans of Tomasina if you get a chance to see her in Tomorrowland she puts on a great show too.

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Hello!

I assume plenty of people around here know the park inside and out, but still... I was wondering, for someone who has been quite a few times there, but thinks hasn't seen everything, what would you suggest?

For example, I didn't know about the ASME plaque outside the TL monorail station at Tomorrowland, I'm going to look for it next time I'm there.

I loved going to the indoor patio at the old Disney Gallery. It was empty most of the time, I guess not many people knew about it.

I still have never been to Tom Sawyer's Island. I'm correcting that mistake next November.

What's your favorite part that not many people know about at DL? Something easily overlooked?

And please - no Innoventions. I overlook that part of the park on purpose.

the hidden "pirate ships" masts in NOS. Until they become club 33 only lol.

•   
    • Minion

What happens when you grab the golden apple outside Snow White...

The Skyway Station.

The quote on the wall above your head as you walk out of Indy.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Johnny and Me!

Find the hidden Donald in Mickey's House.

Look for the Eeyore parking lot sign in the Indy queue. Ask a CM to show you after watching the safety video.

Get your wish granted at Aladdin's other lamp in the Adventureland Bazaar.

Ask a CM if you can see the secret pet cemetery at The Haunted Mansion.

Get a free map of the Jungle Cruise from the shipping office at the exit.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    Seriously though, if you are going to DCA too. I HIGHLY recommend going to the Mad T Party and watching the live band. We go almost every weekend just to watch them perform.
    We are also fans of Tomasina if you get a chance to see her in Tomorrowland she puts on a great show too.

Thanks! This is the stuff I was looking for. Last time we went to ElecTRONica and we enjoyed it a lot... for a while... until we noticed we were 18+ years older than the rest of the people around.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    the hidden "pirate ships" masts in NOS. Until they become club 33 only lol.
    Where are those?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast