Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Holiday versions of Disneyland rides (Xmas + Halloween)

Mater's Christmas Carols Junkyard Jamboree. I don't know why they haven't done it yet.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I think overlay's appeal to locals and especially APers, but unless it's all going to be the same quality as Haunted Mansion, I'd rather they not. I personally don't like Ghost Galaxy at all, and I'd hate it if they did something that lame in other rides too (thankfully it's pretty easy to just ignore the Ghost Galaxy part, but it does seem to make the line a LOT longer).
    Just curious, what is it about Ghost Galaxy you find so unappealing?
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Hooterville, USA

Change 'em all for Christmas!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Christmas Music playing on King Arthur's Carousel would be enough for me. The horses are already beautiful-why change it?
    A Star Tours Holiday Special-awesome idea!

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

I bring this up every year but I would really love to see for Halloween time the Train route from Main st up till Toontown be decorated for halloween and have a special Ghost Train version after dark where the woods and tunnels are all decorated with lit up pumpkins, graveyards etc with special efx and even animatronics I think it would be awesome to see in the dark glowing pumpkins and ghosts in the river area at night. Also at some point a recreation of Dark's Carnival from Ray Bradburys Something Wicked this Way Comes (family version) in the area behind the ranch with maybe and entrance there and maybe that faux frontierland station be made into a real train stop for the carnival??

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post
    I bring this up every year but I would really love to see for Halloween time the Train route from Main st up till Toontown be decorated for halloween and have a special Ghost Train version after dark where the woods and tunnels are all decorated with lit up pumpkins, graveyards etc with special efx and even animatronics I think it would be awesome to see in the dark glowing pumpkins and ghosts in the river area at night. Also at some point a recreation of Dark's Carnival from Ray Bradburys Something Wicked this Way Comes (family version) in the area behind the ranch with maybe and entrance there and maybe that faux frontierland station be made into a real train stop for the carnival??
    If they did this right it could be really neat, especially the Ghost Train idea.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Toy Story Mania - both holidays could easily work (Christmas and Halloween games!)
    I'm surprised they haven't done more temporary things with Toy Story - I remember reading from a technical perspective about it when it was new and there was a big emphasis on how easy it would be to make changes in the future - not that it's hurting for popularity at the moment, so that's probably why they haven't felt the need to change anything. But the tech is there if and when they ever decide to!

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I agree with The Haunted Mansion. No character overlays. But I know, sadly, I'm in the minority here.
    I am in that minority with you.

The Holiday overlays are getting a bit out of hand.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Just curious, what is it about Ghost Galaxy you find so unappealing?

I wasn't the one who said it, but I'll give my two cents. Part of my enjoyment of regular flavor Space Mountain is it's dark. The ghosts popping up aren't exactly bright, but they're bright enough it messed up my night vision. I don't really find the effects scary, or startling or whatever Halloweeny vibe they're supposed to give. Personally, I just find them kind of ugly and distracting. They don't provide an enhanced narrative. I'd rather just ride a roller coaster in a planetarium.

• -

Jumpin Jellyfish needs a Flag Day overlay. So much missed potential.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12