Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• keh!

Re: Name a time you didn't want to go to Disneyland

When it's hot. I won't specify summer because it can be hot early in the fall and cool early in the summer. Heat in general is a great reason to not go outdoors.

I know this is going to sound a bit crazy but I don't like to do disneyland on weekends. It's just too crowed for me to enjoy it.
    "The customer is not always right, however they are always your guest and should be treated as such."

• The doctor is in

I usually try and avoid peak season (aka, summer) and major holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I have experienced all of the above and hate it. The summer is too crowded and too hot. Christmas/Thanksgiving is too crowded and I would rather not deal with the holiday overlay to everything. It's also too cold to ride stuff like Splash Mountain without having to change clothes. I rode Splash and GRR when I was there in November 2008 and I got sick because I was soaking wet all day and it was 60 degrees out.

But even with all that said, if it was my only opportunity I would probably still have a hard time saying no.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

About the third hour of the drive down. That's the time the boredom of Interstate 5 begins to get to me. It usually disappears about the time we hit Harbor Blvd.
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    G.K Chesterson

• Blew By You

I got talked into going to Disneyland one time when I was rather sick with the flu. It didn't work out well for me but I just told everyone to go and have a good time and that I would wait at Village Haus.

none from that list comes to mind for me, except for maybe being sick. But that's less a choice, and more a requirement.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

I was "Disneylanded out" as a kid. We went all the time since Mom worked there, and I was there a lot even when it wasn't for fun (spending time "backstage" when no one was home to watch me). I remember one summer -- probably 1980? -- Mom and I used to spend Mondays together since it was her day off, and we'd been going to Disneyland so much that we started going to the beach instead just to change things up. We moved away the following year, and now being sick of the place is hard to fathom.

• Hooterville, USA

9/11.

Scared.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I was in So Cal for work and had an unscheduled day, so I thought I'd do a solo day in the park. I woke up with a raging headache, a sore throat, and cough brewing. If I hadn't already purchased a park hopper ticket for the day I would have stayed in bed for sure, but I gave myself a little pep talk, bought some o.j. and headed in. It was the first time I didn't enjoy Space Mountain one bit, and Tower of Terror was pure misery. The day wasn't a total bust. Pirates and the Haunted Mansion were pretty soothing; I took some of the illustration classes in the Animation building, caught a performance of Aladdin, and enjoyed just soaking in the atmosphere and people watching.

Prior to that experience, I couldn't have imagined what would have kept me from wanting to be at Disneyland. I don't think I'd do DL under the weather again.

• Former Churro Jockey

New Year's Eve. I worked three of them and they just don't look like fun to me at all.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

There have been times when I was more into thrill rides and Disneyland wasn't a priority. I never turned down a visit during those periods, though.

Another time I refuse to go is when they have Grad Nights.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    Another time I refuse to go is when they have Grad Nights.
    I did that once and I could go on and on about how rudely the kids were acting.

Believe me, I know about today's kids. I used to teach.

On one planned visit, I had worked late the night before and was starting to get sick. Decided to go anyway the next day even though my ticket wasn't date-specific. Worst decision ever. I ended up getting progressively worse and spent some time at First Aid. Adding to my misery, it was very cold and it rained off and on the entire day.
    Lesson learned, don't go when you're getting sick!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast