Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where do you like to "hang out" in DLR?

I'd love to go on a trip where I just sit and hang out in a cafe on Main Street, or just take the time to people watch. I'm never there with people who have been enough times to just take a moment to relax, I feel that if I went right now I'd have the liberty of having been enough times recently to just sit and chill out and relax and take in the moment.

So on that note, where do you [want to] or like to hang out at the parks?

• formerly very helpful

Re: Where do you like to "hang out" in DLR?

My favorite spot is at the Hungry Bear restaurant, right over the river. I also really love hanging out in the Tiki Room courtyard.
    Although, I've never really been able to hang out for too long before getting the itch to move around.

• Minion

in the Magnolia Park in between the Haunted Mansion and French Market.

• MaliBOOMer

I typically don't spend much time hanging in one spot unless I am eating, or it's a really busy day and I am in a dead zone between FP pick ups and return times. My favorite place to eat is Pacific Wharf, and to just wait is by the entrance of Grizzly or Frontierland across from the Mark Twain/ Columbia load dock.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Hooterville, USA

Bench at City Hall. You can't believe some of the things people wear when they enter the park!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• The doctor is in

When I have the opportunity and need/want a break I like to relax either at the Hungry Bear right on the river in Critter Country or in the courtyard next to Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square.

In DCA my favorite is by far in Paradise Pier by the Paradise Garden Grill. It is still a fairly abandoned area and sometimes they have a small band that plays. It's just a relaxing spot.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Whenever we wanted a break from the sun and lines, I always liked (and still do) spending time at the Animation building at DCA or Innoventions at Disneyland

We always seem to end up in the Golden Horseshoe. Its become our go-to meet up & rest spot.

to hang out and soak in the Disney magic, you can't beat the Hungry Bear at Critter Country. Sitting and listening to the oompahpah music at the Village Haus in Fantasyland is also highly underrated. You get to observe quite a bit there too. It's otherwise kind of hard to just sit at Disneyland if you really think about it. To that end, simply walking around and observing in New Orleans Square is really nice. Walking along the Rivers of America is about as blissful a thing as I can think of.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

The hubs and I like to hang out on the benches in Frontierland by Westward Ho! or at the River Belle Terrace outdoor eating area overlooking Rivers of America.
    I walked with you once upon a dream...

• Closed Account

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar (obvious), Enchanted Tiki Room's tiki garden, or behind Edelweiss Snacks/former Boat Docks.

• Rock Star Minion

I don't hang out.
    I'm there for the day, and I'm on the go the whole time.

Until I eat a whole Monte Cristo sandwich. Then, I can't move at all.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• WDW & Universal in Sept!!

My favorite two would be the hungry bear and french market. The hungry bear is so chil on the lower level. We sit in the far corner and watch the canoes and mark twain go by. There is always 2-3 or cats roaming around down there too!

The french market is fun and upbeat but a great place to get a meal and listen to the band. Head over and get a mint julep and some beignets is our favorite thing to do in the park! YUM!

• Sock Puppet

Court of angels...

Great thread backramennoodles!

I've never been able to have time to just hang out and chill. The closest thing would be on my last trip to Magic Kingdom in May where my cousin and I spent a little time on Tom Sawyer Island and just took it easy and hung out for a while. We hung out on the side of the island that faces the Haunted Mansion and watching the Mark Twain go by and taking in the beautiful later afternoon weather.

I've always wanted to be able to have a day to just take my time and chill, just bummin' around the park. I've had this conversation with several Disney friends, about how growing up in the Bay Area I was accustomed to visiting Disneyland, then later Walt Disney World, once a year. It was all about spending one day there, and spending the entire day in the park trying to ride/see as many attractions as possible. It's been really interesting to me over the past few years learning about how peeps in SoCal go so frequently (like once every two weeks), and often just to hang out in Disneyland. I'd really like to be able to do that (following a day where I go on toms of rides/attractions, of course).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast