Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: First Look: Thor Appearing in Thor: Treasures of Asgard at Disneyland Park

Looks pretty awesome to me!!!!!!

• Minion

It's great the way they did it. You are in an exhibit of Asgardian relics and then with a lot of noise and flashing lights a wall opens up and you are transported to Asgard and Odin's throne room, rather than having Thor visiting Disneyland.

Any pics? How did Thor interact--pretty true to character?

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Thor was great, the costume is well done and the CM fills the uniform nicely. My 7 year old daughter got to interact with him up close and personal, she was the one who tried to lift the hammer - which is a great segment. He chooses someone to try to lift the hammer to prove they are worthy. The throne is awesome, though I don't think you get to go sit in it.

I'd upload pics but I can't seem to do figure out how

Worlds better than the IRON MAn setup. I'm hoping hes at least 6foot5. He looks n awful lot like Chris Jericho in the face

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the Avengers are gonna make appearances at Innoventions eventually. I also wouldn't be surprised if these appearances are preparations for a future Marvel attraction in that location in Tomorrowland.
    Absolutely. It seems Hong Kong Disneyland will be getting a Thor ride in 2024, with a queue area that looks something like the DL Innoventions exhibit.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

•   
    • Minion

I'm ambivalent about the film but this exhibit and meet and greet look very cool. I can't wait to see it!
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• The doctor is in

This looks cooler than the Iron Man Tech exhibit, tbh.

How many more months until we hear there will be a Captain America expo at Innoventions? The Winter Soldier comes out in April, after all
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Sock Puppet

So, Innoventions is now just a meet-n-greet location, maintenance around the resort is the worst since before the 50th, DLR is is the only Disney resort in the world with no project of any significance taking place and there is nothing coming in the next couple of years.
    These are meager times for the SoCal Disney resort. Looks to me as if purse strings have been tightened out west and possibly projects cancelled to divert money and labor to WDW and elsewhere.

So the limited time event is only open to 500 passholders per day, but admission to the screening is included for free? Sounds like a good deal for those people that can get in. I've got other plans, so I won't try to make it to this event, but that sounds like a good deal, and here's hoping they do something similar for "Frozen". (I can see Thor and the Snow Queen competing for attention in EPCOT's Norway pavilion).

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Can't wait to see how many fangirls ask about Loki. I'd personally rather want to meet him than Thor.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    So, Innoventions is now just a meet-n-greet location, maintenance around the resort is the worst since before the 50th, DLR is is the only Disney resort in the world with no project of any significance taking place and there is nothing coming in the next couple of years.
    These are meager times for the SoCal Disney resort. Looks to me as if purse strings have been tightened out west and possibly projects cancelled to divert money and labor to WDW and elsewhere.
    Quick question, how do you know nothing is coming in the next few years?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post

I'm fine if nothing (permanent) comes to Tomorrowland for a while. Every rumored idea that has come forth in recent times, is a horrible idea. A complete slap in the face to the land's original theme.

If TL (Star Wars) plans were shelved ... and Frontierland came back up to the front burner ... I'd be fine with it. And if better ideas come forth in the next couple or few years time ... then it will be worth the wait, as far as I'm concerned.

Once they build anything in concrete and steal ... it will be probably be there for 30 years .. or more.

So, they need to get it right, the next time around.

Until then ... go right on ahead .. and dump every single temporary idea in there - No matter how ill-themed it is to Tomorrowland. And that includes Thor, the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, Tony Stark, Pac Man, Jabba the Hutt, the Easter Bunny, Cartman, Stan, Kenny, Gandalf, the Balrog, and every other possible character we can think of - that has absolutely no tie to the futuristic themed land, whatsoever.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Sock Puppet

The thing is, is that your TL ideal isn't coming back. So, your assumption that the longer we wait, the better chance of it happening is misguided.
    the reason I know nothing is coming in the next few years is that construction would have to begin now. That isn't happening.

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Ya know, you can speculate all you want, but the truth is, you don't know that TL won't come back in the future bigger and better than ever. The management of the parks seems to be keen on improving the overall guest experience and I'd bet that the PeopleMover and other parts of TL that aren't being utilized very well will be rethemed and repurposed in the coming years.

Right now it seems to me that DL is searching for a meaningful way to incorporate the Marvel characters into the Disney fold, and that's what these meet and greets are. Innoventions is FAR from a strictly meet and greet attraction, as there are still two floors of interactive experiences to be had.

Oh and attendance yesterday, if that's any indication, proves that they really wouldn't have to do a thing and the people will keep coming.

Yes, it's sad that the PM tracks are still there not doing anything, and that there are "dead" parts of the parks. BUT I would think in the short term those problems will be alleviated because there WILL be new features coming.

AND as Walt said, the park is never 100% finished, it's always a work in progress. And when you say that the IDEAL isn't coming back you're basically misguided because you don't know that for sure. Maybe it will, maybe it won't but WALT would never tell you to give up.

Seems like we need some more Disney magic around here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast