• 2013-14 Premium APer

AP Event: Thor Dark World Screening and Thor Meet and Greet Preview 10-26 to 10-28

I know there's another thread on the meet and greet where this was posted, but I want to gauge reaction here, because we're trying to decide to do it or not.

Here's the announcement:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney
    Experience Thor at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim

Get ready for a rare event where Annual Passholders can enjoy not one, but a duo of offerings from Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic—both featuring Thor, the Mighty Avenger!

Thor: The Dark World Screening

Prepare yourself for an otherworldly adventure as you're treated to a special screening of Thor: The Dark World! This is your opportunity to catch the highly anticipated film before it opens in theaters everywhere on November 8, 2013.
    Plus, in celebration of the film's release, Passholders may also receive a special gift upon registering for the event! Please note that gifts may vary and will be available while supplies last.
    Screening Dates
    October 26 through October 28, 2013

Screening Times
    Once daily at 4:00 PM—each day's screening will run approximately 120 minutes.

Screening Location
    AMC® 12 Theatres in the Downtown Disney District

Thor: Treasures of Asgard Exhibit

Before the screening of Thor: The Dark World, Passholders will have access to an all-new experience where they can cross the "cosmic bridge" into Asgard—home world of Thor, the Mighty Avenger.
    Prepare for your visit first by learning about Asgard's culture and history from the fascinating exhibit Thor: Treasures of Asgard. Then, enter the Bifröst and be transported to the throne room of Odin—ruler of Asgard—where a familiar hero stands ready to greet you!
    Exhibit Preview Dates & Times
    October 26 to October 28, 2013, from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM—each registered Passholder will have a specified one-hour window to visit the experience during this time.

Exhibit Location
    Innoventions at Disneyland Park in Anaheim

Registration and Wristband Distribution for Screening & Exhibition

• Passholders may register near the entrance to Innoventions in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park upon park opening on one of the days of the event. Disneyland Park opens at 9:00 AM on October 26 – 27, 2013, and 8:00 AM on October 28, 2013.
    • With valid registration and wristband, each Passholder will be granted access to a one-hour window when they can visit the exhibit, and also access to the one (1) movie screening occurring the same day. Registered Passholders with valid event wristbands will only be allowed into the exhibit and the screening on the day they registered for the event.
    • Registration and distribution of event wristbands will continue while event wristband supplies last. Space is limited to approximately 500 Passholders each event day.
    • All participating Guests (3 years of age and older) must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event.
    • Children under 3 years of age may attend the event as long as space is available and they receive an event wristband during the registration process. Please note that the film's rating is PG-13, so there may be material in the film that may not be suitable for children under the age of 13.
    • Registration must be completed in person at the entrance to Innoventions in Disneyland Park on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
    • It is recommended that all members of your party register together to help ensure that everyone receives an event wristband.
    • All participating Annual Passholders must present their valid Annual Passport to the event Cast Member, who will check event availability. Photo ID may be required.

Wristbands

• Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered for that day's event and will receive an event wristband valid for an assigned one-hour window to experience the exhibit, and for admission to the screening of the film on that same day.
    • Event wristbands are required for admission to the exhibit and the screening on the designated day. Wristbands are only valid for the assigned event date and time.
    • Registration and distribution of event wristbands are based on availability and capacity.
    • Space is extremely limited. Wristbands do not guarantee access to all elements of the event, and the event may involve long wait periods.
    • Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.

Additional Information

• The screening location will open to registered Annual Passholders with valid event wristbands 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the movie itself. The theater will remain open until the screening time or until the theater has reached capacity, whichever occurs first. Late arrivals after the start of the movie will not be accommodated. The movie will be shown in 2D. Due to limited capacity in the theater, seating is not guaranteed and will be based on availability.
    • All participating Annual Passholders must present their wristbands to a waiting Cast Member at each event location at the designated time for admission to such location.
    • Passholders with valid event wristbands may only visit the exhibit within their designated one-hour window.
    • Valid theme park admission is required.
    • Information and event elements are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.
    • Subject to capacity, scheduled park events and other restrictions.

Parking

• Parking will be available at any parking facility at the Disneyland Resort.
    • Standard parking fees will apply.
    • Parking lot trams will operate their normal scheduled times.
    • There will be no transportation provided at the event from Innoventions at Disneyland Park to the AMC 12 Theatres in the Downtown Disney District.
    SO, we were already planning on hitting the parks first thing tomorrow with our newly bought passes. Going to beeline to the Innoventions area to get wristbands, then maybe hit Space Mountain and Star Tours. Do our meet and greet, and then we may or may not hit the screening.

My guess is that we will miss the screening, we've already got plans to go with a group of friends to the El Cap on opening weekend. Plus, here's the thing, 500 wristbands total, and the screening will PROBABLY only allow under 300 people in. I say probably because I checked the number of seats available in the auditoriums at Downtown Disney AMC and the two big houses both have 525, but since there's big movies opening I doubt they'll give up the revenue on a Saturday afternoon. So likely the screening will be in one of the 250 or 295 seaters. Meaning unless you line up early you won't get in. And I HATE lining up for a possibility without a guarantee. I hate lining up anyway.

Anyway, if we go to either we'll post pics and a report.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: AP Event: Thor Dark World Screening and Thor Meet and Greet Preview 10-26 to 10-2

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Re: AP Event: Thor Dark World Screening and Thor Meet and Greet Preview 10-26 to 10-2

I know, did you read the first line?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

Whoops, I missed that part. I apologize. Carry on.......

• 2013-14 Premium APer

All good, I just wanted to make sure peeps saw the event, may not have seen it in the other thread. Either way, I'm pretty excited

• Quiet As A Mouse!

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or add it to the one I started.

Man, I wish we were in Southern Cal right now. If you go, please post what you thought of the exhibit/meet and greet (AND what you thought of the movie!)

• 2013-14 Premium APer

Well, I was really disappointed that they didn't do the rainbow bridge, but the way they do teleport you to Asgard is kind of cool. THough not overwhelming. They only let us in the throne room about two dozen at a time, so I can see the lines getting LOOOONG once it gets really underway.

The whole thing was pretty cool, but short and sweet that's for sure. You enter a room where a bunch of movie props are nicely displayed, then the lights go out, some lights and thunder happen and doors open to the Asgardian Throne Room of Odin. Thor makes a quick speech, he lets someone try to pick up his hammer Mjölnir and then you take pics.

The throne is amazing, the costume is well done and the hammer sure looks as good as my buddy Noah's real size/weight prop.

I have some pics, but can't upload for some reason