Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: First Trip in December

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer28 View Post
    I'm getting excited for you it's gonna be a great trip! Try to get on every ride once, if you want a good sit-down dining experience, the Blue Bayou is a good place to start
    I'm really excited!!! This is gonna be my first trip not just to Disneyland, but to the USA! It's getting harder and harder to sleep cause I'm so pumped for the trip!

I've eaten in blue bayou in Tokyo. No doubt it we have time we'll eat there again because the food and atmosphere is simply amazing!

My goal is to reach all 11 (12 including Shanghai) parks around the world. I'm going to either WDW or DLP in 2015.
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Walt Disney World: April 2015
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS, DHS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (MK, DL, TDL)

Twitter: @WaltDisneyWanderer

Another question: How early should I arrive on both days considering the dates?
    Disney Trips:
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)

• Minion

I still don't understand why you don't purchase a 3 day hopper and use for early entry into one of the parks, then you wouldn't have to worry about being at the parks super early? With all the expense of your travel, upgrading to a 3 day is inexpensive and very valuable for your visit. And where did you decide to lodge? You have account for travel time, the readiness of your group to leave early morning, parking, food, car trouble. So with all the planning, leaving your lodging at 5:30 a.m. would put you in great position at the gate Unless you had a 3 day park pass, then there would be no waiting with the hundreds other outside of the gate or rope drop.

Have fun! My tip - unless you really want to see the parades, skip them! A lot of people watch them so its a good time to get on other rides. Also, try not to get too tangled up in plans. Things can change and its good to just be relaxed and be happy instead of rushing yourself to get on everything​.

Have fun! My tip - unless you really want to see the parades, skip them! A lot of people watch them so its a good time to get on other rides. Also, try not to get too tangled up in plans. Things can change and its good to just be relaxed and be happy instead of rushing yourself to get on everything​.
    I agree, I should learn to chill

I still don't understand why you don't purchase a 3 day hopper and use for early entry into one of the parks, then you wouldn't have to worry about being at the parks super early? With all the expense of your travel, upgrading to a 3 day is inexpensive and very valuable for your visit. And where did you decide to lodge? You have account for travel time, the readiness of your group to leave early morning, parking, food, car trouble. So with all the planning, leaving your lodging at 5:30 a.m. would put you in great position at the gate Unless you had a 3 day park pass, then there would be no waiting with the hundreds other outside of the gate or rope drop.
    We considered doing this but we decided that paying for three days of park hopping when we're only gonna use two just for two hours of extra time wasn't worth it. Due to jet lag, we'll all be getting up at 4 am anyway (Anaheim is 16 hours behind where I live). We're staying at the staybridge Anaheim. My family plans to walk the 1.2 km at the start of the day then just taxi our way home from the Disneyland Hotel. We didn't wanna risk taking a car because of the heavy traffic that might build up and walking to parks is what we usually do anyway (in HK at least).
    Disney Trips:
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)

• Minion

So then, Jet Lag will be your free pass to a great vacation!!!! In previous discussion you had mentioned that you were touring the park with a group of four folks who were similar to your age and interest in the park. If that is still true, then your small group will have no problem with the very long walk to the park. But once you add small children or adults to the group, the walk will become very very very long. The question of what time to arrive is now no longer an issue, leaving the Staybridge at 5:30 puts you at the turnstiles at 6:00 to 6:15. Once the inside of the park is ready, they will release you to a rope drop which will drop at the hub when the park opens. If you are really fast walkers, then breakfast can be found at the McDonald's across the street from the east entrance ( the entrance you will be entering on your walks). Jet lag will increase your enjoyment of Fantsyland and you will be out of there in a hurry and over to NOS. By noon you should have everything done on your daytime list and fast pass in hand for the evening. So you will have some free time from noon to 4. don't forget flag retreat and tree lighting

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyHKP View Post
    I made a thread a few months back but since I'm closer to the date, I thought I should make a new one.

First trip to Disneyland for TWO days (I know, not enough time ) in December. Dates are December 19 and 20 (Thurs and Fri)

What was supposed to be a we-all-stick-together extended family trip turned into a every-family-for-themselves trip. So there are only four people in my party.

We plan to do DCA on Thursday and DL on Friday.

My family loves to plan so we thought we would get advice from people who've actually been there. Since we only have a limited amount of time and we're going to Tokyo Disney 3 months later, we only plan to see rides exclusive to California. Meaning no IJA, Splash, or Space. So our questions are:
    - should we see soarin over California and Muppet vision? I only include this because I hear they may leave both coats soon (soon meaning before our next trip to either coast)
    - where should we eat? We would like to eat someplace quick but really good so we don't waste time
    - should we see Aladdin and Mickey and the Magical Map given our timeframe?
    - What's our best plan of attack for Racers?
    - What fastpass machines are disconnected from the network?
    - What's the best viewing location for WoC, Fantasmic, and the fireworks?
    our current "must-see" list is:
    Disneyland: Alice, Mr. toad, Matterhorn, Finding nemo submarine voyage, it's a small world holiday, Haunted mansion holiday, Jingle cruise, sailing ship Columbia, great moments, Sleeping beauty castle walkthrough, Fantasy faire, A Christmas fantasy, believe... In holiday magic, Fantasmic, Mickey and the Magical Map.
    DCA: RSR, Luigis Flying tires, Maters junkyard Jamboree, California Screamin, Mickeys fun wheel, silly symphony swings, goofus sky school, monsters inc, Aladdin, the pixar play parade, Christmas world of color, (maybe soarin over California and Muppet vision 3-D)
    I'd ride Space because it is different then the others and it is the original. As well as splash if you have the time. MUppet Vision is alright not a must. I'd rather watch its tought to be a bug 3d then muppet vision but soarin over california is a must. In California Adventure my favorite Food is Taste Pilot Grill, they have mostly burgers and The Hot Dog place by muppet vision is pretty amazing. Also the ice cream right before paradise pier is literally the best ice cream i've ever had. Havent seen Mickey and the Map but Aladdin is also a must. The only others I'd ad to the list as must rides in California Adventure are Toy Story Mania and Soarin Over California.

Thanks for the replies everyone! 28 days left! So excited!

Sorry if I'm sounding like an obsessed planner but I have one more question. Is the Fantasmic dessert package worth it?

Thank you guys and gals so much again!
    Disney Trips:
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)

• Minion

There are three different situations. On your friday visit there is a 10:30 showing. You will have no problem finding a great viewing area after watching the fireworks. The only problem is that you will be tired and second guessing your self about not spending the cash for the seats. Second situation, you will be exahsuted by 10:30 Friday so spending that large amount of money for a brief show with a place to sit down will be a welcome relief. From what I understand about your cultural food choices the desserts will not be that intriguing. So basically you are renting a comfortable and reserved seat that will not require a rush from the castle hub to the river front. (And are reservations still avaiable ??) The third situation, and I know that I keep bringing it up as a flaw in your planning, is that you purchase the 3 day hopper,( at 1/3 of the cost of the dessert seat) enter Disneyland on Thursday at your leisure with early entry and then midday find a nice comfortable place to eat and rest for the night events which would be joining others at the river for the 10:30 event. . On Friday you can be in DCA, at a much slower pace and plan for a restful WOC by either fastpass or eating ticket.

• Minion

I gave out some wrong information. I never realized the the cost difference between a 2 day hopper upgrade to 3 and how that compares to 3 to 4 days. I understand now why 50.00 for a 3 day hopper may be expensive. Whereas on my upcoming 3 day hopper we up graded to 4 day for only $20.00 just to catch a glimpse of Candle and Fantasmic . We were not planning on visiting on sunday and still will not in the daylight hours, waiting for dusk. So the option for you is $50.00 for the seat to rest while others are standing around you (or sitting on blankets)or $50.00 for a whole hour extra that prevents standing in lines at noon to complete your ride list for the particular park you enter early

The Fabtasmic Dessert Package costs 50 dollars!!! For a seat with dessert ONLY and a thirty minute show? I expected 35 at the MOST! Oh well, there goes that plan... Maybe I can do the WOC dining instead?

As to the three day ticket idea, we would have done it if DCA had early entry too. But sadly, early entry for tickets like this only works with DL.

Also, other families in my extended family have decided to drop Disney from their schedule so now it's just me and my family of four. It should be easier to see everything now!

Also, how packed will the parks be on these days? I'm going to DCA on the 19th of December and DL on the 20th.
    Disney Trips:
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)

• Minion

You will have a great visit!!!! Everything looks to be in place. Fewer members in your family group at the park increases your speed. Your jet lag puts you at the gates or rope drop early then most of the visitors for that day. And your list of must see at the two parks is short and you will have no problem completing the list. As for crowds, since you are experienced with the parks, crowds should be no problem. School is out and I think many folks are flying in late on Friday. Saturday will be a family travel day. So your two dates could be the less crowded of the start of the long holiday. Thursday should be really good as should friday morning but a crowded Friday evening.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

-Soarin' California would be my choice.
    -Go see Aladdin, you'll love it.
    -WoC of course the pier, get there early. Fantasmic, go over to Guest Relations and ask them to reserve you a spot EARLY so that when the show is going to start you already have seats. As for Fireworks, anywhere in the park you'll be able to see them but if you want to hear the story that goes along with it, definitely stay by the Tomorrowland area or at least near Sleeping Beauty's castle.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

Quote Originally Posted by GagarianPrincess View Post
    -Soarin' California would be my choice.
    -Go see Aladdin, you'll love it.
    -WoC of course the pier, get there early. Fantasmic, go over to Guest Relations and ask them to reserve you a spot EARLY so that when the show is going to start you already have seats. As for Fireworks, anywhere in the park you'll be able to see them but if you want to hear the story that goes along with it, definitely stay by the Tomorrowland area or at least near Sleeping Beauty's castle.
    Can I really just go to guest relations and reserve a seat? I thought you needed the Dessert Package?
    Disney Trips:
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)

Leaving in less than a week!!! So excited I can barely sleep....

I was just wondering if anyone has any final tips?

Thanks again to everyone who replied!
    Disney Trips:
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast