Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: First Trip in December

Are you planning to have a sitdown breakfast somewhere on site or something? I read back through the thread and I'm slightly confused why you're leaving so early. I know it's quite the walk from your hotel, but it looks like the park opens 9am both days you'll be there. I know jet lag's on your side due to time differences, but getting to the park at 6 or 6:30am, if you don't have tickets with early admission, you're going to have nothing to do for at least two 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by theatremouse View Post
    Are you planning to have a sitdown breakfast somewhere on site or something? I read back through the thread and I'm slightly confused why you're leaving so early. I know it's quite the walk from your hotel, but it looks like the park opens 9am both days you'll be there. I know jet lag's on your side due to time differences, but getting to the park at 6 or 6:30am, if you don't have tickets with early admission, you're going to have nothing to do for at least two 2 hours.
    We originally thought the park would open at 8. Because of this, we were planning to walk there in the morning and secure a spot in the line to enter the parks early. When we saw the opening was actually gonna be at 9, we changed our plan. We know plan to leave our hotel by car by about 7:40 in the morning. We are eating breakfast at the hotel so that we have won't have to stop for food right when the parks open.
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

can you post your Disneyland rides again, just returned and I think I can adjust your schedule and what may happen. I just returned from my worst 2 days ever at Disneyland so can provide some helpful insights.

Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    can you post your Disneyland rides again, just returned and I think I can adjust your schedule and what may happen. I just returned from my worst 2 days ever at Disneyland so can provide some helpful insights.
    Disneyland:
    Alice in wonderland
    It's a small world holiday
    Haunted mansion holiday
    Matterhorn bobsleds
    Mr toads wild ride
    Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough
    Star tours: The adventures continue
    Sailing ship Columbia
    Great moments with mr Lincoln
    Finding nemo submarine voyage
    Fantasy Faire
    Believe....In Holiday Magic!
    A Christmas Fantasy Parade
    Fantasmic!
    Mickey and the Magical Map
    Pirates of the Carribean
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

DCA:
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Maters Junkyard Jamboree
    Luigis flying tires
    Tower of terror
    Monsters inc mike and sulley to the rescue
    California screamin
    Golden zephyr
    Mickeys fun wheel
    Goofys sky school
    Silly symphony swings
    Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular
    World of color: Winter Dreams
    Pixar play parade
    Soarin over California
    Grizzly river run
    Toy story mania

Note: there are a few additions since the last list due to some of these rides' counterparts being closed in Tokyo when we go there later next year. Some rides were also added because some members of my family really wanted to experience them.

What happened during your trip?
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

One thing I might recommend is that you utilize ART instead of driving into the parks. They charge $15 per car and the garage and parking lots can be a mess. ART only costs a few dollars a day and I'm familiar with the route to stay bridge because we stayed at holiday inn next door and they share a stop. The bus runs every 20 mins and will drop you off at the gates and right back at your hotel. There is a kiosk right at the stop at the hotel to purchase ART tickets. Bus run 1 hour before earliest park opening and 1 hour later than latests park closing. Have fun!

9:00 rope drop tomorrowland side, your right. board star tours. they have been opening gates early for pass photos, so no problem walking to crowd at rope.
    9:00, board star tours, had no problems during our visit.
    9: 20 nemo, lines were very short 9th-11th
    9:45 Matterhorn
    10:05 Alice
    10:25 toad wild ride, by pass walk through for later( toad had late opening on Wednesday the 11th)
    10:55 HMH, was closed both mornings on 9th & 10th, but should be open by this hour.
    11;30 pirates, was the only ride that went smooth, never closed during our three days
    12:00 If columubia is docked, then not working, go to pooh.
    1:00 Lunch
    1:45 Magical map
    Walk thru castle
    3:15 Fantasy faire
    4:15 mr Lincoln
    4:55 tree lighting, at this time fire station is best viewing for parade that will reach you at 6:00
    after parade /dinner/small world
    6:30 castle light show.while on the way to SW.
    8:30 find spot for parade, adventureland side on main street, will have trees blocking left castle view, but more space on this side because of that feature, also fireworks blow west,left, so not the best, but you are there on a friday night, that start of the holiday season for children.
    after fire works walk to Fantasmic. the catch up time is between 7:30-9:00

my problems with my visit on Monday and tuesday , is that first I am a off season visitor. no such luck on those two days. On monday, following a detailed plan much like the above, at 11:00 HMH was closed, Indy was closed, BTRR repair and very few boats loading Jungle cruise. For the first time i had to walk the roof of the Cruise, lost FP hour to Indy and never saw HMH that day as we left to find a broken DCA= GRR, Mermaid, all the rides on the water except wheel, hence, a 70 min TSM. Goofy school was short because there was nothing to hold Fast pass return.

fire station is the best spot after leaving Mr. L because a singing group is just finishing their show for the tree lighting and that has a very open space , so if you hear the group, then space for seeing parade will be avaiable, don't be shy, just take your place and watch how strollers are lining up along the street. Veteran visitors know this trick as it worked for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123