• Master Gracey's Music Man

Curious about something related to dress code with DLR

Ok, this has been picking at my brain today and I figured what better place to ask than here on micechat.
    I've seen plenty of awesome individuals who fashioned themselves clothing that is themed after a certain character here and there as well as some themed after certain groups or companies from later productions which I have done myself at one point or another. My question is would wearing coveralls decorated either after a character or themed for ficitional disney companies (like Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated for example) be deemed acceptable or allowed to be worn whilst out and about DLR and DCA?

I'm asking this purely on curiosity as it had me thinking :-)
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Curious about something related to dress code with DLR

The main thing about costumes at DL is not looking so much like a character as to fool people.That will get you into trouble.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

I think it is hit or miss depending on how noticable it is and whether the CM thinks its a costume.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Minion

Don't make your costume look professional

as long as it doesn't resemble a character so much that people start mistaking you for meet and greet, you should be fine

• Disney Fan 4 Life

When we were there, we saw a young adult dressed as Venelope from Wreck it Ralph in the morning. She had candy pieces in her hair and was a spitting image for the character and her male companion was dressed like Wreck It Ralph (although his was more subtle). This was a non-party day and they were not the only ones I saw in regular clothing "costume" styling. Honestly the Venelope looked like a full on real costume and we saw some other young woman dressed in "sexy" version of princesses (the skirts stopped a hairs breadth under their backsides). I am guessing that some of these guests we saw probably finished up their "costumes" once they were in the park, but since they continued wearing them (we saw Venelope several times throughout the day) it didn't appear that anything was said to them.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Minion

They used to be very strict about a 9 year old cut-off age for wearing any type of costume. It has since been relaxed to no "Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character"

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/

Hairy Baby!

Awesome! Thank you everyone for helping me satisfy my curiosity with this. I am aware regarding the line with looking like an actual character. Thing is the coveralls I would be wearing in this context would simply have a logo on the left breast and my name embroidered on the right breast. I truly appreciate the responses I've seen here as it has definitely been helpful.

• Disneyland Nut

When I was there on Saturday the 26th, there were people all over the park (not for any Halloween Party, just during regular, public hours) that looked like Disney characters and they were adults.

I was floored! I'm very familiar with DL policy about this and saw a very life-like Tinkerbell, Evil Queen from Snow White and a Cinderella. Now, is it just because it's Halloween? Because if that's the case, I'll be changing my plans for getting dressed up and as who for next year!

I'm just surprised they got through the turnstiles looking like that. Some where that professional looking, but were obvious and some unsuspecting person could confuse them for a real M&G character.

I saw that today too as I also put my curiosity into play. I wore what I wore for Halloween Treat this past friday, and it was fun! Even achieved the goal I had set in place along with compliments from some cast members in both parks as well as people whispering to the people they were with about it.