View Poll Results: What is your least favorite land in DCA?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buena Vista Street

1 1.69%
  • Paradise Pier

2 3.39%
  • Grizzly Peak

2 3.39%
  • Condor Flats

11 18.64%
  • Pacific Wharf

5 8.47%
  • Hollywood Land

13 22.03%
  • A Bug's Land

30 50.85%
  • Cars Land

0 0%
  • I don't have a least favorite

8 13.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Master of Disaster

Re: What is your LEAST favorite land? (DCA Edition)

why the hate for bugs land? you ever walk through there in the summer and see the huge crowds of kids going on rides and playing in the fountains? It has 5 rides! (bumper bugs, fliks flyers, chew chew train, spinning lady bugs, and 3d movie) Hollywood land has a 3d movie, 2 rides, live shows, and night parties. Condor flats has one ride and no shows now. grizzly peak has 1 ride and a walkthrough. Theme execution aside my least favorite by far is condor flats because I only ever go there to ride soaring or pee. haha.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    why the hate for bugs land? you ever walk through there in the summer and see the huge crowds of kids going on rides and playing in the fountains? It has 5 rides! (bumper bugs, fliks flyers, chew chew train, spinning lady bugs, and 3d movie) Hollywood land has a 3d movie, 2 rides, live shows, and night parties. Condor flats has one ride and no shows now. grizzly peak has 1 ride and a walkthrough. Theme execution aside my least favorite by far is condor flats because I only ever go there to ride soaring or pee. haha.
    Those five attractions can't hold a candle to what the other lands offer. (Tower, Grizzly, RSR, Screamin', etc.) I understand it's great for small kids. However I'm not one so it is my least favorite land.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Former Churro Jockey

Really I can't say that I'm a big fan of any of the lands. Cars Land isn't bad but other then RSR nothing else really interests me. My favorite lands are Condor Flats and Grizzly Peak in terms of theming but they're so small you barely can tell you're in a different land. Other then that I don't find any of the other lands particularly outstanding. I don't care for Hollywood land and the whole "backlot" look where everything is obviously fake. I'd rather they tried to recreate the actual Hollywood from the 1920's and 1930's. Paradise Pier does look pretty at night, but it takes up too much space for a very mediocre land. It has two good rides, but only Toy Story Mania even feels like Disney to me. Even though I really like California Screamin as a ride, it feels much more like something that belongs at Knotts rather then a Disney park. I never really go to Pacific Wharf or A Bugs Land.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    why the hate for bugs land?
    Because it looks like it was executed by Six Flags and not Disney. The rides aren't for the whole family, it's for kids while their parents sit on a park bench, eating peanuts, dreaming of a place where the whole family could enjoy rides together.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Flicks Fun Faire .... Though nicely detailed - Disney really screwed up on this. If they only payed attention to how Walt created Fantasyland, the rides in FFF would be large enough to adequately hold both Adult sized people .. and Adult's attention.
    This

• Hello Dolly.

I love all the lands for their reasons but Condor Flats is probably my least favorite. I love what's there, but it's so small and ineffective I wish they'd just expand Grizzly Peak into it. My family and I were never big Soarin' fans as well, it's just an okay ride for us.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Cars Land isn't bad but other then RSR nothing else really interests me.
    In a way I agree, but I think the overall appearance and theme of Cars Land is the best. It looks like you are walking inside of the movie.

That and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is ridiculously fun. The worst aspect of Cars Land is Luigi's Flying Tires and the fact that RSR averages at least a 60-90min wait no matter what time of day it is.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tigtat77 View Post
    The only land that really feels like a "land" to me is Car's Land. Everything else just seems to mush together with no cohesive rhyme. The renovation is a huge improvement, but still did nothing for me in regards to giving a distinct feel for each area, except Cars Land and Buena Vista St.
    I like it that way. Although bugs land is pretty distinctive IMO. I guess I'm also in the minority that appreciated the general California theme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12