Fantasmic Advice: December

I have taken our daughter 2x to Disneyland, and for some reason we have never seen Fantasmic. I feel like we've been missing out! We love the fireworks; especially during the Holidays and WOC in DCA of course.

I just booked a trip for 5 days in mid December for her 5th Birthday.

Is the VIP package worth it? Would prefer to see the show on a Friday or Sat. night.

My daughter is not the type to sit down and "save" seats for an hour or 2 before the show. Because she is good about taking a nap, we can see the 2nd show.

We live in Seattle so going to DL is a special trip for us. Just wanting to do some new adventures this trip!

Thank you!

Re: Fantasmic Advice: December

There are people that are on both sides of the fence for the Dessert Seating. For me, I LOVE it and it is worth it to me. I love having the seat, not fighting for space on the concrete, arriving whenever, having the dessert box and getting drinks (especially hot chocolate on cold night). Now with that said, it comes down to budget for most people. For me, it is worth the value, but if budget is a concern there are plenty of strategies to see it and not be part of the cattle call or wait for hours.

There is a whole strategy also to the Dessert Seating...all of which has been discussed heavily. Use the search feature and you will find TONS of info!

Either way...have fun!

I have mixed feelings about the VIP package. The seats we had were not great. They weren't horrible, but just felt a little off center for viewing. It seems like you need to get there very early to get the best views in the VIP seats, which kind of defeats the purpose. Also, if I remember correctly, you have to show up earlier to select your seats and then return later to watch the show.

However, if you are like me and do not want to camp out for 2 hours to get a decent seat, the employees were very nice and very attentive. It was great to arrive 30 minutes before the show and have a seat and be served a warm drink and snacks.

It was nice to try one time. For the price, I probably won't do it again.

If they are showing 2 shows, the light tower trick usually works well for the second show. There is a light tower near the POTC bridge that looks like it will block the view. If you stand behind it, the tower will rise right before the show starts offering a fairly decent view.

In either case, if you haven't done the second show in December before, bring warm clothes. It can be very cold waiting for that late show.

• Not the Hawkguy

We got to sit in one of the VIP areas during a Fantasmic showing one time in December because they hadn't sold all the seats (it was the day after Christmas, so go figure), and I have to say that the seat location there is incredibly good.

That said, if your daughter is able to make it for the second show, it is incredibly easier to get a seat for that showing than it is for the first show. The Rivers area clears out after the main fireworks, so if you're in the area by about 9:40 or so, you can slide into some really good riverside seats. Other good spots are right on top of the PotC bridge and some standing spots right behind the middle light tower (tower rises so you get an uninhibited view of the RoA).

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    We got to sit in one of the VIP areas during a Fantasmic showing one time in December because they hadn't sold all the seats (it was the day after Christmas, so go figure), and I have to say that the seat location there is incredibly good.
    Just to clarify, there are actually THREE different "reserved" sections for Fantasmic...the V-VIP section are the seats right next to the Stage Manager console right in front of the center tower, there is a "VIP Reserved Section" just to the right of that in a roped off area and then there is the Dessert Seating reserved sections which are to the left of the center tower.

For the V-VIP and VIP section, you ave to know someone or "be" someone to get in! Sometimes they will spread some Disney Magic and let random folks into the sections if they are not occupied. I was fortunate enough once to get to sit in the V-VIP section after striking up a conversation with the Fire Watch cast member before the show and the people that were on the list were a no show. I was not at all expecting or asking for the seats, they were offered to us!

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
    Just to clarify, there are actually THREE different "reserved" sections for Fantasmic...
    Ah, this makes much more sense now. We were definitely in the dessert section to the left of the main viewing area.

• Former Churro Jockey

Alright, I hate to give this away, but here is how you get primo seats for Fantasmic without showing up 5hrs early. You arrive at the tail end of the first show, and get in line for Pirates. Once the ride is over, you hang out in Royal St inside the shops. They hold everyone back from getting in to see Fantasmic from Main St while they let everyone else out first (after the fireworks), and once you see the crowds leaving, just get behind them and grab your seat first before they let the new crowd in from Main St.

You're welcome.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHopper1 View Post
    Just to clarify, there are actually THREE different "reserved" sections for Fantasmic...the V-VIP section are the seats right next to the Stage Manager console right in front of the center tower, there is a "VIP Reserved Section" just to the right of that in a roped off area and then there is the Dessert Seating reserved sections which are to the left of the center tower.

For the V-VIP and VIP section, you ave to know someone or "be" someone to get in! Sometimes they will spread some Disney Magic and let random folks into the sections if they are not occupied. I was fortunate enough once to get to sit in the V-VIP section after striking up a conversation with the Fire Watch cast member before the show and the people that were on the list were a no show. I was not at all expecting or asking for the seats, they were offered to us!
    Yeah, we ended up in the V-VIP section as well. We were just looking for a spot for the second show and a cast member pulled us aside and asked how many we had, and then brought us in to the area.

Thank you all for your advice. We are excited to see Fantasmic and get some primo viewing spots. Another excuse to go on Pirates is fine by me!

I'm also looking forward to exploring Tom Sawyer's for the first time (I only visited Tom Sawyer Island as a kid back in the early '80's at WDW).

Appreciate everyone's advice.

Cheers!