Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Any Disneyland Tattoos?

Just curious, since tattoos seem to be so much more mainstream now and every young person I meet seems to have one or two (and older people too), what Disneyland tattoos are out there? I've seen Disney tattoos before but never anything that was specific to Disneyland. I can imagine someone with a really good photo of either them or their kids at Disneyland getting that tattooed on them, or someone who really loves a particular ride (*cough* *peoplemover* *cough*) getting that tattooed. Heck, I can even imagine a large backpiece of the whole park map from a person's favorite era or something like that. I think for me, if I were to get a Disneyland-specific tattoo, it would probably be the hitchhiking ghosts, or the skeleton pirate still trying to steer the ship with lightning in the background.

So does anyone have or want a Disney theme park tattoo?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Re: Any Disneyland Tattoos?

I'm moving into the "older people" category and have one tattoo I got about 10 years ago. For the last 5 years, I've been designing my second (and probably last) tattoo. It won't be big but will contain a lot of small subtle references to important things in my life. I definitely want to include something about Disneyland.

Something that is subtle and won't be obvious on first viewing. A small "33" would be cool, but obvious to any DL regular. I have also thought about some shape/structure that is definitely from Disneyland but could blend in to the rest of the tattoo. For example, the top of the Matterhorn or a Main Street architectural icon. Something like that. Subtle and only obvious to DL experts.

I'm one of those that has two Disney tattoos (Alice in Wonderland) but not a Disneyland tattoo. I think if I got one I'd want maybe something like the retro Disneyland letters...or maybe the redhead from POTC.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

• Foolish Mortal

My wife has the talking skull/crossbones before the first drop on POTC.

I have a Tigger tattoo. Not Disneyland per say, but for sure Disney. I also want to get one to match on the other side of Elliot (Pete's Dragon).

Not really Disney so I suppose I'm cheating, but my right forearm is mainly a pirate ship surrounded by the words, "All grown-ups are pirates" from the movie Hook.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Just curious, since tattoos seem to be so much more mainstream now
    Really? I can't really remember when I saw a tattoo and thought, "Wow, that's a rarity!" They've been quite mainstream for years.

As for your question... nope. I don't have or want any Disney theme park tattoo. I love Disneyland but I don't love it that much.

My tattoo of art from the cartoon "Society Dog Show" commemorates my 2009 visit to DLR. I added the date to Pluto's blanket and the logo from Napa Rose to the suitcase Mickey carries. And I'd have dozens more if only I had the $$$.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Chief Troublemaker

Ooh Ooh, hey guys, post pictures! I'd love to get a Disney tattoo, but unfortunately I have a chemical allergy that prohibits it. One of these days hopefully I'll find a tattooist that has the 'right' ink!

My BFF has Tigger, a stylized Mickey Mouse head icon, & Eeyore.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• I Can Show You the World

I have been thinking of getting a Scrooge McDuck one down by my ankle.

• The doctor is in

I don't necessarily have Disney park tattoos, but I have a Nightmare Before Christmas themed sleeve on my right calf. I'm currently in the process of completing it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Disneyland Dreamer

I'm the furthest from a tattoo person you could find, but one I saw, and I can't remember where was some guy who had the dueling ghosts from the haunted mansion, on his calves IIRC.

• The doctor is in

I also have a pirate tattoo based off my love for Pirates of the Caribbean. The ride, of course.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

#1 I don't like needles 2. I am too indecisive to get something that permanent; so tattoos aren't my thing. If they did good simi-permanent tattoos (6 months to a year) I would do it. I agree though, a lot of people have Disney tattoos but I have never seen one that was park specific.
    Getting a hitchhiking ghost would be cool, but it wouldn't be very meaningful to me.

• "What? What?"

I plan on getting a Disney park one, but no idea what I'll get. I think I might do the pirate from the POTC poster.

Ones I have seen, Wallpaper design from Haunted Mansion, Dueling Ghosts (is on google images), I think I've seen most of the stretching portraits as tattoos, Star Tours logo, figment... those are the only ones I can think of that are strictly parks tattoos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast