Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: A Monster Hit at DCA?

Obviously, Disneyfreak, my quoted post is effective. As to whether the new Monsters ride contributes to making the Hollywood section "muddled" in terms of theming is a value judgement. I believe the early popularity of the ride demonstrates that the crowds love both the ride and it's thematic fit as a movie in DCA's Hollywood.

About the only thing that you and I can agree on in this instance is to respectively agree to disagree. I do appreciate your honest compassion, and feel that your intent is to hope for the best for DCA.

Nevertheless, as said before, if your disapproval of the theming is as strong as it seems, don't ride the ride. You will have much more fun elsewhere...and the Monsters line will be a little shorter for the rest of us.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-31-2006 at 03:26 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• love my friends

I agree that Monsters Inc should be in the hollywood backlot because it was a movie.. this is a perfect place for it.... where else would they put it..

Friends for life

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Obviously, Disneyfreak, my quoted post is effective. As to whether the new Monsters ride contributes to making the Hollywood section "muddled" in terms of theming is a value judgement. I believe the early popularity of the ride demonstrates that the crowds love both rhe ride and it;s thematic fit as a movie in DCA's Hollywood.

About the only thing that you and I can agree on in this instance is to respectively agree to disagree. I do appreciate your honest compassion , and feel that your intent is to hope for the best for DCA.

Nevertheless, as said before, if your disapproval of the theming is as strong as it seems, don't ride the ride. You will have much more fun elsewhere...and the Monsters line will be a little shorter for the rest of us.
    1. Crowds always gather like this for new rides. Indy had a 4-6 hour wait the first month at times.

2. Sry for going a little overboard.

3. Should I have to pay 59 dollars to go to a park and skip the ride due to it being at lower quality standards then the company was built upon? I never said it was a horrible ride, I just said the queue needs a strong theme and the ride was built just because they wanted to with no real strong thought to where it would fit the best. That is too late to correct but they can still correct the theme issue on the outside. If they truly wanted to make pixar rides from the start they should of made an area of the park dedicated for the pixar rides and not scatter them in a more realistic part of the park. I mean lets say TOT was the designed theme of the place, is it really a smart idea to put a cartoonish ride right next to it?
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 01-31-2006 at 03:16 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Vic and I rode Monsters, Inc. last Thursday. (We were there Tuesday, also, but the ride was down.) Wait was about 15 minutes. I liked it! It's no POTC, but it's a well thought out and entertaining dark ride with several really nice effects. I think a solid "D" ticket. At least a "C".

Regarding theming: if Hollywood Backlot were to totally simulate a real studio backlot, it would be the most boring place in the entire resort. Making movies is not a very thrilling operation. Mostly a bunch of people standing around. Putting attractions based on movies in the backlot makes as much sense as anything.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    3. Should I have to pay 59 dollars to go to a park ...
    You could get an AP.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I say we let the people that matter decide about this, the kids

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    You could get an AP.
    I do have an AP but I would like every ride to have quality standards that are of the highest attempt which is obviously not the case. If they are trying to correct the parks problems, dont you think that they should be giving each attempt the budget it deserves? I mean they are investing millions of dollars into these rides, why not go the extra 5-10 million like Tokyo does and give us a full immersive experience inside and out?
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 01-31-2006 at 04:49 PM.

• Rock Star Minion

I do have an AP but I would like every ride to have quality standards that are of the highest attempt which is obviously not the case. If they are trying to correct the parks problems, dont you think that they should be giving each attempt the budget it deserves?
    1. I figured you did. So, the answer is, No, you don't have to spend $59 at the park. You get what you and 630,000 others pay for. TDA/WDI don't have to hit homers anymore make attractions in order to induce more paying guests to show up. They don't come, but the AP'ers simply come more. And no, it's not a wash. It results in C-ticket rides. And C-ticket parks. And it should lead to fewer AP'ers deciding that they've been enough times to warrant a break. But that would assume rational behavior in some subset of that pricing scheme set.

2. Since I don't think there is enough money in the world to correct this park's problems, I'm hoping they aren't giving each attempt the budget it deserves. Also, each attempt is, in theory, only an incremental improvement. Often it's too small for the eye to see.
    3. It's better than StupidStar Lame-o, and the building was already there. A larger and prohibitive budget might have allowed TDA/WDI to tear out storybookland and casey jr AND be able to hire additional e-mail readers and additional cast members at City hall to read and hear guest complaints about tearing out those two attractions, and to process the refunds of the three AP'ers who might actually walk the walk.

A theme change might be in the works.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I say we let the people that matter decide about this, the kids
    DL and DCA should not be kid parks, they are family parks. They should not be one or the other. The rides need to be of a quality that both Adults and Children can truly enjoy. That is why DCA is odd because they segment rides into age catagories which just is not Disney at all. They have TOT which is for teen to adult and then they have things like the playhouse disney. At least at DL most rides kids can ride with adults and both have an amazing time. Even when it comes down to space mountain, kids at the age of 6 or so can ride it and have a wonderful time. Rides like Screamin and TOT kids hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    If this is not the goal of those who share your perspective, it sure seems like one steady onslaught of negativity in the absense of clear purpose.
    So you mean like the Democratic Party?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic

ROFL!!!

DL and DCA should not be kid parks, they are family parks. They should not be one or the other. The rides need to be of a quality that both Adults and Children can truly enjoy. That is why DCA is odd because they segment rides into age catagories which just is not Disney at all. They have TOT which is for teen to adult and then they have things like the playhouse disney. At least at DL most rides kids can ride with adults and both have an amazing time. Even when it comes down to space mountain, kids at the age of 6 or so can ride it and have a wonderful time. Rides like Screamin and TOT kids hate.

ok, lets compare then:
    rides in DCA that are age specific (I am going to assume dark rides such as Monsters, and Peter Pan etc when we get to DL are family-inclusive, not age-specific)
    Screamin
    TOT
    Maliboomer
    Bug's Land (5 small rides)
    Playhouse Disney
    So we have 9 here, if we count bug's land's rides, but remember the complaint about DCA by many parents was that there was NOTHING for the little ones to do, aka those who did not meet height requirements for other rides.

In DL
    Indiana Jones (All coasters other than this I will assume are family friendly in DL, this ride is just thematically too scary for most kids)
    Gadget's Coaster
    Chip N Dale's Treehouse
    Donald's Boat
    Goofy's BounceHouse (Soon to be replaced by a toddler play area)

Here we have 5 age-specific rides. Yes, there is more to do in DL for the whole family, but if we count bug's land as one attraction, then that gives 5 each, if my math isnt wrong. Even Walt realized that some rides could not be ridden by those of all ages. After all, what amuzes a 5 yr old will not necessarily amuse a 15 yr old, or a 55 yr old, and vice-versa. so some rides do have to be age-specific, but the majority of them should be family oriented. So when they add a ride in DCA such as monsters, dont criticize it because you dont enjoy it. if its not themed correctly, fine, i can see a beef there, but dont say its age-specific, cuz if it is, then Peter, Alice, and Toad should be considered age-specific as well

ROFL!!!
    rofl? expand please, so i know if ur laughing or getting ready to lynch me

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Well what I meant by kids deciding is, they are the target for the ride and you know it... To me thats what disneyland was made for, to makes kids dreams come true, and that's what it does, everyday!!! So Yes I do feel it is a park meant for the kids

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Iron-Clad Allie

Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    If this is not the goal of those who share your perspective, it sure seems like one steady onslaught of negativity in the absense of clear purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic

\

Precisely. Now that you bring it up, my statement applies to them as well - and the Republicans to a degree.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast