• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Halloween Time Expansion

Well, Halloween Time is nearing its end, and we are left with what seems to be just "another" Halloween Time. The reason I say this is that is because nothing feels new. While there was an interesting way to kick it off with the Friday the 13th party, it was obviously not a greatly executed idea. Not only that, but DCA was left out of the mix, despite Tower of Terror being promoted as one of its offerings. How about trying something new now? Here are my ideas:

Main Street U.S.A.

-The Main Street Vehicles receive a new kind of transport while the horse trolley takes a rest. A new Hayride vehicle takes guests through the decked-out land.
    -As the sun sets, the Fab Five come out to eerie music, showing off their Halloween décor.
    -A new parade debuts: Parade of Screams. This "spooktacular" celebration highlights some of Disney's finest baddies, as well as some classics (i.e. Skeleton Dance
    ), ending with the giant Chernabog.
    -Two words: HALLOWEEN SCREAMS.

Adventureland

-The Jungle Cruise goes through a Halloween transformation to become "Jungle Escape". Guests come along for the usual cruise, but find that danger is actually lurking in the jungle. And it's not that crate labeled "DANGER!" Guests are whisked away to find that a safari has gone missing, and they are off to find them. But it may seem that there is more to fear than just the animals themselves. This transformation takes place any time of day, but is most effective after sunset. New effects include fire, smoke, and geysers of water, as guests end up in the middle of a near-apocalyptic encounter with unnatural forces in the jungle.

New Orleans Square

-Not much here, except for one: the Haunted Mansion remains in its original state to be promoted as the "classic" it truly is. The original is the real haunt, not Jack Skellington. For Xmas? Go nuts. For Halloween though? Let's ride the original.
    -The
    Fastpass at Haunted Mansion is taken out completely and replaced with a new meet and greet for Jack Skellington and Sally. A new character is also added into the mix: Oogie Boogie (after his appearance at DHS, I thought "Why not?"). This character location goes through the length of Christmastime, and in the off-season, is used as a quiet corner to get away from the crowds.

Frontierland

-Long ago, miners were caved in in one of the mountain's mines. One of these miners was actually a young inventor, who had built a machine just in case these kinds of incidents would happen. Within three days time, the miners found their way out. But the celebration did not last long as an earthquake swallowed up the young inventor and his machine. The miners tried to search for him for days, but had no luck. As his ghostly spirit claims that no one tried to save him from death, he now haunts the mountain, seeing that those who enter the mountain never escape, in the "Curse of Big Thunder Mountain".
    New effects in Big Thunder create a more ghostly atmosphere, and bring a new storyline for the season into the mix.

Fantasyland
    -As a seasonal overlay, Mickey and the Magical Map becomes Mickey and the Maniacal Map (or whatever adjective fits). It seems that this time, the villains have taken over the four points of the map, and plan to escape into the outside world. Mickey must do everything to keep them from doing so. This musical revue features numbers from Ursula, Dr. Facilier, Yzma and Kronk (sorry, the fanboy in me needed to say that), Scar, and the final showdown between Mickey and Maleficent, who brought Chernabog along (though not as grand as Fantasmic!). Good does triumph over evil, but they swear to come back at him when he least expects it (in reference to F!).

Tomorrowland

-Ghost Galaxy
    is probably the closest thing to Halloween that Tomorrowland will ever see. That being said, the preshow is changed from a simple spiel to an urging transmission from other explorers of the recent cosmic phenomena. Seems simple to plus an already popular overlay. Plus, is it just me, or do the projections seem a little aged already?

BVS

-Halloween decorations. That is all.

-People of Buena Vista are decked out for the season, and even have a few stories to share with the guests.

Hollywoodland
    -Aladdin takes a short break, and Nightmare Before Xmas receives
    its first on-stage production as it tells the story of JAck taking over the Xmas holidays.
    -Tower of Terror is always promoted as a part of Halloween Time, but never has anything new to it. At night, "ghosts" of hotel guests walk around warning those who enter to turn back. This biggest draw, however, is a new projection show that is added to the exterior, and is played two to three times every night. Here is the reference from the grand opening of ToT in PAris:

Bug’s Land
    -Large pumpkins
    and candy corn galore!

Cars Land
    -Overlays similar to Xmas time, with Halloween themes

Grizzly Peak
    -Grizzly River Run at night is open to those who dare to trek its murky waters. The Grizzly River Rush is set in a pitch black environment, with raised water levels, increasing the chance of a good soaking in the later hours. Nothing really scary here, but is more of the "daredevil" kind of thrill for Halloween.

Paradise Pier

-Toy Story Midway Madness
    is a Halloween-ized version of the popular attraction that adds new games and a new look to the attraction, including a decked out Mr. Potato Head.
    -California Screamin’ may or may not have this ability, but what if it went BACKWARDS for the Halloween season?

-A World of Color
    Halloween show is created, dubbed "A Night of Fright" and celebrates not just the villains of Disney storytelling, but just the mere excitement of the season too.

Well? Any thoughts? Happy Halloween everyone!
    Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 10-31-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Singing Drinker

Re: Halloween Time Expansion

Something like this would be AWESOME if they segregated it out into a third park - like Holidayland back East, but Disney. Divide it up into separated areas for a year round holiday expansions and let the overlays be the attractions that everyone wants. You could even do things like create an actual NBC ride rather than remove the original HM, things like that.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

I would add the Ghost light and vampire mater to carsland on top of your already great suggestions

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

•   
    • Minion

I really like a lot of your suggestions! For the Main Street vehicles, if they really wanted to go with this, they could have old hearses, like the one outside the Haunted Mansion, to transport guests...and if that's just a little too creepy, they could have carriages pulled by "invisible horses."

I'd LOVE to see an overlay on Thunder Mountain. They could do some really spooky lighting and effects at night.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    For the Main Street vehicles, if they really wanted to go with this, they could have old hearses, like the one outside the Haunted Mansion, to transport guests...and if that's just a little too creepy, they could have carriages pulled by "invisible horses."
    ^This. I like it.
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    ...and if that's just a little too creepy, they could have carriages pulled by "invisible horses."
    That's awfully close to the thestrals that pull the carriages in Harry Potter, invisible to those who have not yet known death.

But the hearse and a horse-drawn hayride would be cool.

I am super impressed by the imagination in the original post. I can just envision some Disney exec reading that and thinking, "OMG, all that planning and we'll get accused of stealing this guy's ideas!"

They're that good, thanks. I feel like the generation of Lost Kids who never grew up, still celebrating Halloween as an adult.
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Something like this would be AWESOME if they segregated it out into a third park - like Holidayland back East, but Disney.
    Holiday World? I Googled Holidayland and it turns out to be a Disney attraction near the...

I agree...AWESOME! And if we could have Chinese New Year in there as well, I so dig their parades!
    Last edited by DobbysCloset; 11-01-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: I wanted to check out his reference
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    That's awfully close to the thestrals that pull the carriages in Harry Potter, invisible to those who have not yet known death.

But the hearse and a horse-drawn hayride would be cool.

I am super impressed by the imagination in the original post. I can just envision some Disney exec reading that and thinking, "OMG, all that planning and we'll get accused of stealing this guy's ideas!"

They're that good, thanks. I feel like the generation of Lost Kids who never grew up, still celebrating Halloween as an adult.
    Halloween is the best holiday ever...no pressure to do anything in particular, it's all about fun.

With the invisible horses...you're right. It might be too close for comfort to HP. On the other hand, there is already an invisible horse outside the Haunted Mansion - if you walk near the white hearse you hear him whinny from time to time. Maybe it could be carriages pulled by creatures like the striped worm from the NBC or demons instead...I'd wait in line for that!
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Thank you very much!

And with today's company, I wouldn't be surprised.
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• Singing Drinker

Holiday World? I Googled Holidayland and it turns out to be a Disney attraction near the...

I agree...AWESOME! And if we could have Chinese New Year in there as well, I so dig their parades!
    Yes - exactly. Holiday *World*, thank you for the backstop on that.

The land theming is variable but some of it looks pretty developed, though the park's big thrill ride is apparently unthemed. But it's been a viable park for decades now, no reason a similar concept can't be done better.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Down Pluto!

I would take a pass since there is too much "Halloween Time" in the parks as it is.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Great ideas.. I like them all!
    SteveAx

Steve and Cece lighten Up - Our Weight Loss Blog