Random Question. Happiest Place on Earth.

Is Disneyland the only park that claims Happiest Place on Earth, or do all Disney parks claim this? If so, how can they? Also, when did Disneyland stop being called "The Magic Kingdom" Was it ever, or is that reserved for Disney World?

Also, What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Re: Random Question. Happiest Place on Earth.

I do know whenever I play golf at WDW the staff always welcomes me to the happiest turf on earth....

Regarding the swallow, what do you mean? An African or European swallow?

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    Is Disneyland the only park that claims Happiest Place on Earth, or do all Disney parks claim this? If so, how can they? Also, when did Disneyland stop being called "The Magic Kingdom" Was it ever, or is that reserved for Disney World?

Also, What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

An African or European Swallow?

Here, this may help you.

style.org > Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

As far as the Disney question. I'm not an expert like some on these boards, but it seems to me that they 'phased out' the Disneyland=Magic Kingdom around the time WDW opened. I don't really recall a time when DL wasn't referred to as the Happiest Place on Earth. I'll be interested to see what our MC experts have to say.

BTW, What is your favorite color?
    Last edited by Stormy; 11-01-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Officially, only DL is "The Happiest Place on Earth". You may catch individual CMs using that line at WDW, but it is reserved for DL in any sort of printed or recorded 'official' messages

Occasionally, they'll still use "magic kingdom" at DL, but it's usually phrased as something like "Walt Disney's original magic kingdom" to make the distinction clearer between DL and MK

I believe WDW is "The Vacation Kingdom of the World", though that phrase hasn't really been used in many years

Well Brian, if you have a life and find it a silly place, then choose to not enter into the magic. i I am goin Coconuts with all these holy Gail auctions in the recent news.

• Minion

WDW/MK is supposed to be coined as "The Most Magical Place on Earth", but I can't tell you how many people still call it The Happiest Place on Earth. I guess THPoE rolls off the tongue better and has been more heavily used in media and pop culture over the years, so it ended up establishing itself as the iconic slogan people use when speaking of any Disney Resort, even though OFFICIALLY it is only supposed to refer to Disneyland. I'll admit it annoys me when people call WDW The Happiest Place on Earth, but it is what it is.

• Minion

Disneyland is officially "The Happiest Place on Earth." Walt Disney World is "The Most Magical Place on Earth." You get lots of WDW people who refer to WDW as "The Happiest Place on Earth", I'm thinking because the slogan is more iconic and older. When you think about it, you can't have two happiest places on earth. If they were both the happiest, the slogan would be "One of the Happiest Places on Earth." It annoys me as well when people call any Disney resort "The Happiest Place on Earth." That slogan is recognized as a Disneyland-only slogan by the company.

In regards to the Magic Kingdom, Disneyland's nickname is Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. I've almost never heard Disneyland being referred to as Magic Kingdom. I think it's fine to call it that, though.

So then, is it possible by the above logic to not have two Camelots on earth?

"Most Magical Place on Earth" sounds so bogus. Must be some Disney Parks branding.

• Rock Star Minion

Disney Parks: All Tied for Happiest Places on Earth!
    Now, buy something!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    Well Brian, if you have a life and find it a silly place, then choose to not enter into the magic. i I am goin Coconuts with all these holy Gail auctions in the recent news.
    Was this spit out of a random word generator?

I'm 95 percent sure that when you ride the Disneyland Railroad out of Main Street station, the prerecorded announcement with the deep booming voice refers to a tour around "the Magic Kingdom." I don't remember if they use "Walt Disney's" in front.

I've read that before Epcot Center opened, Walt Disney World was more or less interchangeable with "the Magic Kingdom" in Florida, as there was only one theme park there.

In theory, "Magic Kingdom" should refer to any of the Disney castle parks, not just the ones in Florida and California.

"The Magic Kingdom" is the informal name for Disneyland. The Magic Kingdom is the formal name of the park in Walt Disney World. I see nothing wrong with referring to them both as The Magic Kingdom, although most people probably prefer to refer to Disneyland as such.

The real problem is this:

"Disneyland Park"
    "Magic Kingdom Park"

I know this just irks a lot of people. What really annoys me is that Disney refers to The Magic Kingdom in WDW as "Magic Kingdom Park" despite the entrance sign at Main Street Station clearly declaring the park "The Magic Kingdom".

• Blew By You

So, if there were a Disneyland on Mars, this could not be true. A new truth paridigm would need to be created such as "the Happiest Place on Mars", or " the Happiest Place in the Solar System/Milky Way".