• I like some ideas, not all

3 10.00%
  • I can care less

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• It's a dead man's party!

Re: "Valley of Villainy" land idea

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Ohh. Aah. I love your dialouge, warning sign, and potion/mirror sequence! EXCELLENT! Question: Would you say the coaster spins to your left or right side and look at mirrors (ala Haunted Mansion) or have mirrors hanging above you and you look up at them?
    Thanks!! I was thinking that the mirrors could be on each side of the coaster. That way the people on the right, look to the right mirror for their character and visa versa.

The "trains" we ride in could look exactly like the one from the film too. And we should definitely hear the "Please remain seated and keep your hands and legs in at all times." XD
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

^ Another thing with this idea - it would be so expensive to build a Villain land (Well at least to do it properly anyway).

To build a decent land that featured a couple of D's/E's and a couple of C's, together with Landscaping, shops, fittings and restaurants, you would surely be looking at at least US $350 mill. -Now I am sure Disney could afford such a lavish investment right now, question is would they?

The park already has issues to address with Tomorrowland including Nemo, the Beamway, Innoventions, Honey and Star Tours, then there is the old Motorboat cruise area and ToonTown which is crying out for it's own ETicket.

There is just so much interest and marketable energy around this topic that I'd say "Shadowlands" or "VillainLand" will in fact oneday come to pass at the MK. That time perhaps is just not yet though. Maybe sometime between 2010 - 2020 the idea will be put into fruition?

TOP LOCATION AND GREAT TOPIC GUYS!!! The back area between Big Thunder ranch and connecting to the back of Toontown/Fantasyland (beyond the berm) is just perfect
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D
    ^ Another thing with this idea - it would be so expensive to build a Villain land (Well at least to do it properly anyway).

To build a decent land that featured a couple of D's/E's and a couple of C's, together with Landscaping, shops, fittings and restaurants, you would surely be looking at at least US $350 mill. -Now I am sure Disney could afford such a lavish investment right now, question is would they?

TOP LOCATION AND GREAT TOPIC GUYS!!! The back area between Big Thunder ranch and connecting to the back of Toontown/Fantasyland (beyond the berm) is just perfect
    Okay, I was also thinking about the pricetag on this land. So I thought what if the land was built in separate phases? Building facdes, Chernabog, stage, Ursula, Cruella, Yzma's Fruity Potions and ride, and Capt Hook's ship first phase. Building Jafar and Tavern in 2nd phase. Sleepy Hollow in 3rd phase. And the 4th phase Forbidden Mountain. Completeing all phases maybe take 10 years, perhaps? Would this sort of help spread the budget easier?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

K so I love the idea of a TENG inspired ride. Especially if you make it just like the movie (IE: To downward spirals and passing through the different animal mask like things). I especially love the idea of using the "wrong lever" joke to set the coaster in motion. As you're escaping the palace it might be cool to see Kuzco and Pacha running away from the different perils (like Kuzco running from the Jaguars or the two walking up the wall). This might end up making it more of a dark ride like some of the previous ideas but if you cut some of that and make it more of a "crazy mouse" coaster (like Mullhulland or Primevil) it would work really well too.
    As for a name...I can't come up with anything right now. Something dealing with the secret lab or some kind of alliteration involving the word potion.
    For the juice shop you might want to go with something like "Yzma's Potion Palace" (and have warnings like "drinks will not turn you into a llama") or again going with the secret lab angle.

• It's a dead man's party!

^ I like that. Seeing Pacha and Kuzco would be cute.

Oh, for a juice bar..."Yzma's House of Potions" would work (I watched "Kronk's New Groove" last night).
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Sounds pretty neat. I heard a rumor after DCA had opened that they were going to make the 3rd Disney park a Villain themed park with rollercoasters, etc. I always thought that would be the neatest theming.

Good ideas, filmfreak.

Yeah...I heard about this one too...but i also heard this thought is no longer in question. The city of Anaheim shut them down for any more adding.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Are you talking about Anahiem's own project to connect DLR with Angel stadium? As far as I know, that project has not been given the greenlight.

I would think Anahiem allow DLR to expand, since it's that city's biggest attraction. Or do they feel they've been nice enough already?

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242
    Yeah...I heard about this one too...but i also heard this thought is no longer in question. The city of Anaheim shut them down for any more adding.
    Egghh...what punks! If it wasn't for Disney who knows what Anaheim would be now...oh I know....NOTHING!

Mickey D, I was also thinking a stage coach or individual "doom buggie" type ride. I also think maybe the sleepy hollow thing might be too dark. But what was WDI creating when they were actually thinking of a sleepy hollow dark ride before haunted mansion came around? Some on these boards had a sleepy hollow ride idea for Fantasyland Theater.
    I think it was my post. I designed the vehicle in an A frame with the point pulling the car. The two back wheels would be allowed to spin freely, allowing the buggy to whip around corners and go over bumpy portions without having to invest in Indy technology. I would, however, have Tough to be a Bug/HISTA technology in the seats.

The way I saw it, after your buggy is scared from the trail, you begin to enter the dark woods. At one point your buggy would hit a bump and turn backwards, with a horseman AA swining at your heads. The background would be filled with blacklit cobwebs between trees. You hit another bump and your buggy turns foward once more, allowing you enough time to see the rotted out tree trunk covered with large spiders which you are hurdling towards. Your buggy crashes through the hole in the trunk and down into the cavern below. As you crash downward, you feel the spider webs across your face (black thread). Once in the underground carvern you encounter rats, snakes, bugs, and bats. Using ITTBAB tech you could feel the bugs crawl under your seat, the rats around your ankles and the bats in your hair. Stereo speakers like those found in ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter could add sound f/x of the horseman slashing the air behind you or galloping on different sides of the buggy.

• Married and happy again!!

What an awesome idea I love Disney villians. I know I would have to visit it often. I would also love a Rescuers water ride. Where you could be Bernard and Miss Bianca and you would chase after Madame Medusa in her swamp "boat" all thru the Devil's Bayou swamp trying to save Penny. You could ride in in "mesquito powered leaves" shaped boats. You could be chased by Madusa's crocodiles Nero and Brutus and everything.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• For You!

love all the ideas - how fun, uh, scary, would that be??!!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    What an awesome idea I love Disney villians. I know I would have to visit it often. I would also love a Rescuers water ride. Where you could be Bernard and Miss Bianca and you would chase after Madame Medusa in her swamp "boat" all thru the Devil's Bayou swamp trying to save Penny. You could ride in in "mesquito powered leaves" shaped boats. You could be chased by Madusa's crocodiles Nero and Brutus and everything.
    Your idea is good for another flume ride besides the Hades' boat ride. Good good good.

Or maybe guests can ride their own swamp mobile and ride through Devil's Bayou. Since this is a villains land, it would probably be better for guests to ride the swamp mobiles. Catchin a glimpse of Bernard, Miss Bianca, Nero & Brutus, Devil's Eye, and others. Use aquatoia tech perhaps? Just a harmless stroll through the swamps. Have Madame Medusa's riverboat as the queue & station and a villain's store! This way Capt. Hook's ship can still be the seafood restaurant and have a little store inside. Awesome, I love it!

I can totally see a Madame Medusa walking around for meet-n-greets. Either around or in the riverboat.

Now we have a Devil's Bayou & Skull Rock "lakes". !
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 02-12-2006 at 11:26 PM.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Also to add, Legoland has a storybook water leaf ride. So DL guests riding swamp mobiles would probably be more original. AND FUN TOO!

-Jurassic Park

I'm actually building a dark ride/coaster called "Maleficent's Fury" in RCT3 right now. It's coming out quite well! Starts off as a standard dark ride you turn a corner into the thorn field, see Maleficent at the end of a clearing she says the "Now you'll deal with me..." line and on "All the powers of HELL!" - LAUNCH 0-60 up a darkened hallway and out of the castle into an inverted loop.

• Married and happy again!!

Your idea is good for another flume ride besides the Hades' boat ride. Good good good.

Or maybe guests can ride their own swamp mobile and ride through Devil's Bayou. Since this is a villains land, it would probably be better for guests to ride the swamp mobiles. Catchin a glimpse of Bernard, Miss Bianca, Nero & Brutus, Devil's Eye, and others. Use aquatoia tech perhaps? Just a harmless stroll through the swamps. Have Madame Medusa's riverboat as the queue & station and a villain's store! This way Capt. Hook's ship can still be the seafood restaurant and have a little store inside. Awesome, I love it!

I can totally see a Madame Medusa walking around for meet-n-greets. Either around or in the riverboat.

Now we have a Devil's Bayou & Skull Rock "lakes". !
    Nice twist to my idea I love it. Only reason I picked riding in the mesquito powered leaf boat was I think they'ed look cool but so would Medusa's swam boats. Love you idea for using her river boat for the queue and ride station and villain's store. I also have an idea for another Who Framed Roger Rabbit ride. It would be based on the Buzz Lightyear's ride. You would be Judge Doom and you and your weasel henchmen would ride in Dipmobile's and shoot "dip" at toons all thru toontown to help erase toontown so you can put your super highway in.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast