• I like some ideas, not all

3 10.00%
  • I can care less

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: "Valley of Villainy" land idea

Quote Originally Posted by theaterbear
    I'm actually building a dark ride/coaster called "Maleficent's Fury" in RCT3 right now. It's coming out quite well! Starts off as a standard dark ride you turn a corner into the thorn field, see Maleficent at the end of a clearing she says the "Now you'll deal with me..." line and on "All the powers of HELL!" - LAUNCH 0-60 up a darkened hallway and out of the castle into an inverted loop.
    NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    Love you idea for using her river boat for the queue and ride station and villain's store. I also have an idea for another Who Framed Roger Rabbit ride. It would be based on the Buzz Lightyear's ride. You would be Judge Doom and you and your weasel henchmen would ride in Dipmobile's and shoot "dip" at toons all thru toontown to help erase toontown so you can put your super highway in.
    I was also thinking perhaps the 1st floor of the riverboat is not only the exit with store, queue & station but also boat maintenance perhaps. And 2nd floor is the new restaurant... Would be a nice view from up there I'm sure. Not sure what to serve. What can you serve in a Devil's Bayou theme? Something similar to Blue Bayou???

For the boat ride, maybe have 2 separate tracks on the left and right side of the boat...

Interesting thought about a Judge Doom attraction...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• It's a dead man's party!

Ooo, I'd love a Rescuer's ride.

Oh! There should be a Percival C. McLeach food stand or actual resturant with Aussie food, including a special Joanna egg salad (cause she loves her eggs).
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    NICE!

I was also thinking perhaps the 1st floor of the riverboat is not only the exit with store, queue & station but also boat maintenance perhaps. And 2nd floor is the new restaurant... Would be a nice view from up there I'm sure. Not sure what to serve. What can you serve in a Devil's Bayou theme? Something similar to Blue Bayou???

For the boat ride, maybe have 2 separate tracks on the left and right side of the boat...

Interesting thought about a Judge Doom attraction...
    The idea for the riverboat just gets better. Well If you want a restaurant seems only fitting that a Devil's Bayou restauraunt would serve Cajuin cooking (true authentic not some watered down name only style) or if that is not to the likeing a good seafood restaurant. Love the idea of 2 tracks. Only wish I knew how to sell it to Disney and get it done (Ha HA HA ...lol yea that's going to happen and I'm going to win the powerball too). I had to add the Judge Doom ride idea got to pay homage to WFRR when ever I can I love it (even though the original Gary Wolf book was better the Sequal book wasn't bad either). As a kid The Rescuers was a compleat favorite.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• What, where am i?

i thought of an idea for a maybe a good ride. Some thing that would have to do with Professor Rataign. Maybe a Water Flume ride or something like a dark ride. And maybe the name is like Professor Ratagin's Mouse Trap, because at the end of the move there is the big scene of the death of Basil. I don't know i'll leave it to the masters to figure out.
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

• Married and happy again!!

I would also love to have a Hades dark ride. There is just a ton of things that could be done with this one.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Ah, the villains park. A good idea just never dies, but chances are this is a dream that will never come true.

The name Forbidden Mountain has now been used for Expedition Everest, but the old Fire Mountain concept (that included a roller coaster that transitioned from standing coaster with the track on the floor to overhead coaster with your feet dangling, as well as the exploding volcana ala DisneySea) had much the same story.

My only suggestion is a Frollo ride, but the Guests might feel a tad uneasy passing by the protesting religious fundamentalists at the gate (well it IS Orange County, after all) and there may have to be an age minimum. Heh.

^ Nah. Leave Toontown but make it better. I like Toontown. It just needs a boast in entertainment offerings. I already posted my ideas on some other thread...
    As far as placement goes, I say knock out some more Backstage and make it the "slummy" city on the outskirts of Toontown. Some may say "But the TDA building is right there and in the way." Well, says I, what better symbol for a land of villainy? They can serve "character meals" at the cafeteria where you eat with scary people like accountants and consultants.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 02-26-2006 at 05:38 PM.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    As far as placement goes, I say knock out some more Backstage and make it the "slummy" city on the outskirts of Toontown. Some may say "But the TDA building is right there and in the way." Well, says I, what better symbol for a land of villainy? They can serve "character meals" at the cafeteria where you eat with scary people like accountants and consultants.
    LOL! Nice.

About the Frollo ride, the only thing I could come up with is a Notre Dame or Palace of Justice meet-n-greet, shop, and/or restaurant. The bells of the church or palace would turn away Chernabog back to Bald Moutain (similar to Fantasia). I don't believe an actual ride is possible. But this is just my opinion, what's yours?

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

I was reading through this http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/ about Captain Hook's Ship & Skull Rock.

It would be awesome to have a Pirate SwordPlay entertainment offering on Captain Hook's Ship in Valley of Villainy. I think in Disneyland Paris, their pirate ship has a sort of Peter Pan & Captain Hook Pirate show. That would also be awesome to have at DLR. Then again, this land is about the villains. So maybe just have Captain Hook, Smee, and pirates be in the show without Peter Pan and the other heroes...

EDIT: http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID508550.asp

OR what if the pirates were actually singing pirates? This way when Disney Villains come on board the ship, the pirates sing their appropiate villain song?!?! This would eliminate the streetmasphere I originally posted about (having a villain style "Drawn to the Magic" like in DCA). This would save up some room and the singers are costumed as singing pirates. After the show, have meet-n-greets and the pirate swordplay training on the deck of the ship!
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 02-28-2006 at 12:11 AM.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Not sure if I or anyone else said this yet-

How about putting a round-about theater similar to DL's Hunchback of Notre Dame or DAK's Lion King show or mixing these two together to make a stage show for Villains?

Or would that concept be more useful for another park with another theme... cause I really enjoyed those 2 show's staging. You rarely see round-a-bouts these days and it's different from your regular proscenium staging.

-Jurassic Park

• Banned User

For the Yzma ride name, how bout one of these?

1) Yzma's Mistake
    2) The Crazy Coaster
    3) Yzma's Disaster
    4) The Zany Life of Kronk and Yzma

• Banned User

Talking Re: "Valley of Villainy" land idea

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Ah, the villains park. A good idea just never dies, but chances are this is a dream that will never come true.

The name Forbidden Mountain has now been used for Expedition Everest, but the old Fire Mountain concept (that included a roller coaster that transitioned from standing coaster with the track on the floor to overhead coaster with your feet dangling, as well as the exploding volcana ala DisneySea) had much the same story.

My only suggestion is a Frollo ride, but the Guests might feel a tad uneasy passing by the protesting religious fundamentalists at the gate (well it IS Orange County, after all) and there may have to be an age minimum. Heh.

Ahh hem, why does it matter Everest used the name; it's a bad ride anyway. I say to you sir, who cares- still use it!

*Note* I love Maleficent!

• It's a dead man's party!

Not sure if I or anyone else said this yet-

How about putting a round-about theater similar to DL's Hunchback of Notre Dame or DAK's Lion King show or mixing these two together to make a stage show for Villains?
    Good idea, except they might not go for that. "Too scary" for kids. Also, they'd probably say they "already have Fantastmic! for the Villains". :\
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Oh, when I typed stage show, I meant like really for Disney Villain songs.

But the other option I had for Villain song singing is on Captain's Hook's Ship. (Please refer to post #53 on this thread)

Personally, I think a stage show made just for a Villains songs would be too much. The singing on the pirate ship is more subtle and if the show gets old, it's easy to take out.

OH! OH! Okay, how about still using the round-a-bout theater format but at a smaller scale. Enough seating similar to DCA's "Drawn to the Magic" and "Magic of Brother Bear" or DAK's "Spirit of Pocahontas". This way, it's not a full on musical experience like the Hunchback setup or Fantasyland Theater!!

I actually like this more than having the show on the pirate ship. Save the pirate ship for swordplay entertainment. And the Tuna sandwiches and atmosphere!!

(Sorry if the thinking outloud is bothering some of you)

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

If a dark tunnel pathway is need for Valley of Villainy's land transition, it could probably look like this:

http://www.coasterimage.com/pictures.../general09.htm

Maybe a little more winding/twisted so you can't see the other side of the tunnel. And have colored flood lighting inside the tunnel with rocks or a stone walls to hide the lights

Oh, perhaps keep the vegetation on the tunnel when guests walk from Toon Town to VOV. Then on the other side when guests walk from VOV to TT, it's themed to a villain facade.

Oh, how about at the end of the tunnel towards VOV, there will actually be 2 exits. One leads to VOV and the other is a pathway to Frontierland. Just another option for walking if one decides not to pass through VOV. Then again, this would cost more money and less backstage area... Could have a sign post between the 2 exits that points to "VOV" and "FL".

Another thought, however I kinda disapprove of this, is the tunnels similar to this but bigger, rocky or stone looking walls, and the spinning is slow. So slow, you would have to think twice if the wall was moving or not: http://www.boobytraphotel.com/Images...rm/tunnels.JPG . This spinning wall wouldn't extend through the entire tunnel. Just a section of it in the middle. To separate from the spinning and stationary tunnel wall, use a pillar the runs over the pathway and disguises the gap between the spinning and stationary wall. If space permits, maybe have a series of these spinning walls but one after the other spins the opposite during.

OR put the spinning in an attraction queue or the attraction itself...

Probably shouldn't forget about putting benches alongside the tunnel, but perhaps benches would clutter the walkway...

Aak, too many possibilities...
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-12-2006 at 05:50 PM.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

dlfreak suggested doing a "My Side of the Story" for DCA's Hyperion theater. I think this would be perfect for Valley of Villainy .

They should do like those new Fantayland books "My Side of the Story" or something like that where the Disney stories are told from the villain's point of view painting themselves as helpless suffers explaining all their actions against the heroes of the stories... the books are really cute especially the Ursula one. Might be kinda fun to see something like this with a few different villains.
    In addition to the Yzma Fruit Smoothies stand, did anybody mention an Evil Queen or Old Hag Fruit cart?

-Jurassic Park

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast