• I like some ideas, not all

3 10.00%
  • I can care less

0 0%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: "Valley of Villainy" land idea

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbella
    well, it sounds like a good idea. I love it. but wouldnt the smaller children get scared? I dont know, it is a disney park though.
    Snow White's Scary Adventures and Haunted Mansion are pretty scary for little ones... right?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbella
    well, it sounds like a good idea. I love it. but wouldnt the smaller children get scared? I dont know, it is a disney park though.
    Disney is losing popularity with teens. I have a six-year old cousin who LOVES the villains. She dresses up as Maleficent every year for halloween. So not all children are like that.

EDIT: Yes, I must admit, About four years ago (I was ten) I was terrified of the Haunted Mansion. Two years before that, I was terrified of the skull in POTC. I also have this stupid fear of the Yeti on the Matterhorn. But I still ride it, and teens love it. Especially if there is some really dark ride and they are riding with their girlfriends.
    "It takes a lot of Yellow to make that water green."-Tom Sawyer, talking to me on the rafts over the Rivers of America.

The first thing you need to do to live a successful life is wake up.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay2645
    Especially if there is some really dark ride and they are riding with their girlfriends.
    Ya can't argue with that!

Memo to self: find a girlfriend...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Okay, I'm going to redo my little idea whatchamacallit thing.

Here Goes:

This land splits up from Critter Country at some gray rockwork that leads into a cave at critter country.

You enter a small cave. There is a small branch off the cave, with a light-up sign (Think the parrot in Pirates of the Caribbean) that reads Fantasmic! and has Sorcerer Mickey shooting sparks out of his fingers. This cave hides the fact that you are covered in a giant dome that is purplish-black.

You exit the cave, and the rockwork splits off in two different directions. The train comes through a tunnel one of them, crosses a sinister-looking bridge, and goes through another tunnel and over the cave for the Critter Country expansion.

Immediately, a large cave shaped like a dragon’s head rises from the ground on the left and has a path leading to a sinister-looking castle with a projected swirling cloud at the top. This is “Maleficent‘s Lair”. You are inside Maleficent’s castle. You see different devices of torture in line, and then you go into the main hallway, where you board. Starting as slow as any dark ride, we pass an opening doorway, and we see the prince in restraints. As we move towards and past him, the fairies release him and provide the sword and shield. Through another opening doorway, the crow is flying at you with guards close behind running down stairs towards you. Doors close to shut them away. As you make a turn, guards are above you left and right. Maleficent commands the guards. They throw boulders at you, but Fairies turn them to bubbles. Bubbles are real. Then the guards shoot “arrows“, little blasts of air. But Fairies turn the arrows to flowers, via projection. Finally the guards pour water above you. But a rainbow emerges and pushes the water to your sides. Make another turn, lighting strikes the floor beside you. Maleficent makes torn plants rise. Through all of this, she's saying lines from the movie. Riders "push" their way through the plants, which are actually doorways. But green lit smokes rises from the ground, Maleficent Animatronic appears and says her lines. Smoke again appears and Maleficent is gone. Riders go backwards through the plants and make a stop. Turn, and climb up a cliff, which is a lift hill with Maleficent at the top. Maleficent says, “Now you’ll deal with me… And all the powers of HELL!” Smoke rises around her, and at the word hell, you accelerate up the lift hill and go through a hidden loop, only to see the Dragon. You immediately reverse and go Backwards, until you reach the bottom of a giant drop and some bunny-hop hills, and go back forward and see Prince Phillip killing the dragon. You slow back down to the dark ride speed, and see the Prince kissing Sleeping Beauty, then you turn a corner, see Maleficent’s crow, and see the glow of Maleficent’s eyes in the darkness, as you turn the corner and hear Maleficent’s quiet laugh… You exit and go into Maleficent’s spell room, which is a huge shop/restaurant. This releases onto the left side of the main hub.

If you chose not to go on that, you see “Hades and the Titans” to your right, using Epcot's Maelstrom ride technology. Enter Hades' temple facade and queue. It will seem like the queue is going down to a lower level. Before you know it, you’re in the UNDERWORLD! So when you board your boat, you pass through the 3 headed dog, Cerberus, and up to the surface. Hades has just released the Titans. With their powers, they freeze you (cold chill, snow, & ice), blow you away (smoke ring and fans), burn you (heat and lava), and crush you (big Audio-Animatronic rock hand). You see them capturing the Gods. Then Hercules comes in and saves everyone, covering Hades in what trapped Zeus. Your cars receive a thanks from Hercules, who throws the pile of rock with Hades in it off the mountain. This is done via a large video screen. You travel down the mountain, and re-appear in Hades’ lair. You see Hades, who’s head was freed by the fall, sitting there. He talks to you via the same was as Roz from Monster’s Inc. at DCA.

After exiting, you see Cruella's run-down mansion. Queue is inside the mansion. Station is themed to the mansion's front driveway. Show scenes include the snowy country side, villages, and London. Uses Epcot’s Test Track technology.

“Jafar’s Spell” next. It is similar to Walt Disney World's teacups ride. Riders ride in snake heads. Similar look to Jafar's snake transformation. The floor looks like a snake pit. In the middle, the black lamp is raised in the air like in The Cave of Wonders. When the ride is going, Genie Jafar comes out of the lamp's top and turn in circles. When the ride is done, he goes back into the lamp.

"Ursula Spinner". Riding on shells held by Ursula's tentacles. Ursula needs to have more than 8 tentacles to raise hourly capacity. Exit is into Capitan Hook’s ship’s shop.

“The Secret Lab Coaster” Basically the coaster from “The Emperor’s New Groove”, complete with animal heads moving up and down on the track. You climb the Lift hill, watching Yzma say, “Pull the lever, Kronk!” You see Kronk pull a lever. You see Yzma say, “Wrong Lever!”, and Kronk say, “I’ll have it fixed in a jiffy.” as you fall down the Secret lab coaster’s track, going around and around, through animal’s heads chomping on the track, and then you go up and down for a short bunny hop, then brake run and station with Kronk and Yzma saying, “I fixed it!” “Good. Now, Kronk, where‘d they go?” “Uhh…” You exit out and see Yzma’s Fruity Potions, a small shop, with drinks served in collectable potion bottles, serving many kinds of fruit juice and soda. There is also perfume for sale in those bottles.

To your left, there is a number of villain shops. There is the villain shop from New Orleans square, Stromboli’s wagon from Fantasyland, ect.

You now are in the Main hub of Valley of Villainy, where there is a giant caldron with fountains coming out and steam. Chernabog comes out to the north and commands projected ghosts and such for five minutes every half hour. He commands the cauldron’s water to rise, and you see the water shooting higher and higher… before a nearby bell tower tolls and Chernabog returns to normal. Maleficent’s lair finally lets out here, after taking up the entire left side pretty much. The Lion’s head from Aladdin is open, and there is a signpost reading “civilization”. It is a simple walkway into Critter Country, just outside the Robin Hood Show exit. To the North-west, Capitan Hook’s ship awaits, with seafood, a shop, and Peter Pan vs. Capitan Hook every hour and Singing Pirates on the Half hour.

You see “Ichabod’s Ride of Peril”, a ride where you board “Doom Buggies” and see the Headless Horseman, and you ride to the train’s bridge over Critter Country, it is just in sight… and then you turn and see the Headless Horseman. Your car “runs”, and you return to the station.

After that, you go north and appear next to a bunch of buildings and another fountain. The fountain resembles that of “The Nightmare Before Christmas”, and in front of you is Jack’s House, with “Days until Xmas“ Sign over a clock. You go inside, to find that it is the queue for “The Ridemare before Christmas”. It follows the same storyline as the Nightmare Before Christmas movie, and is in Jack’s Sleigh, pulled by one bony reindeer, like the engine on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It is just like Peter Pan’s Flight, same principle. You start out at Jack’s house, seeing him experiment. You then see him giving his Christmas speech. You then see everyone getting ready for Christmas, and Sally giving Jack his suit. You see Jack boarding his sleigh. After watch him takeoff, you see a bunch of miniature cars, and hear booms as missiles are fired at you. You see bright lights on the ceiling, representing the explosions. You then see Jack, shot down. Switch to Jack bursting in on Ogee, and seeing the climax of the movie, before the ride ends.

Around the Ridemare before Christmas area, there is Prince John’s goods, and Gaston’s Tavern. To your left is Pride rock, just east of Chernabog. The Mountains end, you see it’s unmistakable shape, then they pick right back up. You head towards it, and you are stopped by a massive elephant graveyard play area. There are large bones blocking Pride Rock, so you cannot reach it, and you are stuck here. There is a ride like Test Track, only themed to the Elephant Graveyard, where you see Simba and Nala escape from the hyenas, and, if you look carefully, Timon and Pumba during the Lion King 1 ½. Exit among some large bones. Around the exit for the Ridemare before Christmas, a cave appears with a Man-eating wreath on it. You travel through it, and you see a spinning part of the cave, so you feel like you are spinning. You exit by Gadget’s Go Coaster, and you are in Toontown!
    Last edited by Jay2645; 06-17-2006 at 01:46 AM.
    "It takes a lot of Yellow to make that water green."-Tom Sawyer, talking to me on the rafts over the Rivers of America.

The first thing you need to do to live a successful life is wake up.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456