How's this for a Disney Villains' land? Not all of these are my ideas. A view have been said elsewhere but I don't know who to give credit to. With the attractions list, I think maybe 4 should be made by the land's grand opening. Then eventually complete the attractions list with time. So as to have a lower budget and keep the land fresh for a few years.
LOCATION: west of Toontown and north of Frontierland's BTR. This land will connect Toontown with Frontierland once BTR & BBQ is reopen with Woody's Roundup.
ATTRACTIONS (all these names are unoffical, please suggest new names!):
1) "Forbidden Mountain". A roller coaster ride to defeat Maleficient. Mostly the climax of the movie. Riders help the good fairies search for Prince Philip in Maleificent's castle in the Forbidden Mountain. The queue is themed to look like you're entering the mountains then into the castle. Similar to USH's Van Helsing. You pass by sleeping guards. The Good Fairies provide with transportation. Not sure what to theme this yet-HELP! Riders go through a dark ride portion of the ride. Pass an opening doorway, we see the prince in restraints. As we move towards and past him, the fairies release him and provide the sword and shield. Through another opening doorway, the crow is flying at you with guards close behind running down stairs towards you. Doors close to shut them away. As you make a turn, guards are above you left and right. Maleificent commands the guards. They throw boulders at you, but Fairies turn them to bubbles. Bubbles could be projected or real. Then the guards shoot arrows (ala Indy ride). But Fairies turn the arrows to flowers (projected?). Finally the guards pour water infront/ above you. But a rainbow emerges and pushes the water to your sides (ala fiber optics on bridge for running water & ala BTMR's 1st lift hill). Make another turn, lighting strikes the floor beside you. Maleificent makes torn plants rise. Through all of this, she's saying lines from the movie. Riders "push" their way through the plants (doorways ala Pooh ride). But green lit smokes rises from the ground, Maleificent AA (ala D-MGM'S Wicked Witch) appears and says her lines. Smoke again appears and Maleificent is gone. Riders go backwards through the plants and make a stop. Fairies exclaim we're against a cliff. The Maleificent dragon AA appears above our heads. You can see this amazing creature. Breathing fire, too. When she tries to snap at you, you're coasters zooms forward through twists and turns avoiding the dragon's jaws. Simple dragon heads appear at various times in the ride. Finally, you slow down in a brake zone. As you continue creeping forward, the fairies and Philip AA to your left strikes a sword that moves above your heads to the dragon's heart. Maleificent screams as she "falls". We make the fall with her (a 40-45 foot drop). Then we go through 2 more dark ride portions at the end. 1 with Philip kissing the Sleeping Beauty. Then the couple dancing in a cloud. With the Princess' dress turning pink and blue (Randall effect in DCA). Exit the castle and back to the land for more adventures.
2) "Sleepy Hollow- Headless Horseman: The Ride". Someone suggested guests ride "Doombuggie" carriages through Sleepy Hollow. And you have an encounter with the infamous legend. Guests escape the horseman's evil in their carriages.
3) "Cruella de Vil's Motor Madness". Similar to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I also thought the ride tech from Rocket Rods/ Test Track would fit well. Facade is Cruella's run-down mansion. Maybe a face with her too on the facade, something like this: http://www.dizpins.com/archives/imag...lla_121604.jpg & http://www.zaldiva.com/images/MISCEL...s_cruella1.jpg . Queue is inside the mansion. Station is themed to the mansion's front driveway. Show scenes include the snowy country side, villages, and London. Either it's a joyride in Cruella's car or a search for puppies in her car. If it is to be similar to Mr. Toad, then the back of the car would swerve side to side. To make it feel like you're losing control.
4) "Hades and the Titans". Using EPCOT's Maelstrom ride tech. Enter Hades' temple facade and queue. It will seem like the queue is goin down to a lower level. Or you're going from the temple to a cave in the back. Your in the UNDERWORLD! So when you board your boat, you pass through the 3 headed dog and up to the surface. Hades has just released the Titans. With their powers, they freeze you (cold chill, snow, & ice), blow you away (smoke ring and fans), burn you (heat and lava), and watever Titan I missed. You see them capturing the Gods. Then Hercules comes in and saves everyone. Exit through to Heaven's gate.
5) "Yzma's Ride". Using DAK's Primeval Whirl tech. This ride could be outdoors. With TENG art deco decorating/ theming the coaster. Facade and queue is the Emperor's palace. Yzma wants human guests to drink and test her potions. But Kronk pulls the wrong lever, and guests are thrown into a wild ride. With the guests shaken up, Yzma can't use us and releases us.
6) "Ursula Spinner". Riding on shells held by Ursula's tentacles. Maybe call it Ursula's Tentacles ride? Ride seashells shaped like this: http://www.seashells.org/images/perios2.jpg . Ursula needs to have more than 8 tentacles to raise hourly capacity.
7) "Jafar's Spell". Similar to WDW's teacups ride. Riders ride in snake heads. Similar look to Jafar's snake stuff or his snake transformation. I like the snake transformation look better. The floor looks like a snake pit. In the middle, the black lamp is raised in the air like in The Cave of Wonders. When the ride is going, Genie Jafar comes out of the lamp's top and turn in circles. When the ride is done, he goes back into the lamp.
1) Small stage ala DCA's the magic of Brother Bear type staging. Villains gather here at scheduled times to sing their Disney villain song. Or have separate singers sing villain songs and the villains make an appearance ala Drawn to the Magic.
1) Prince John's Goods: A store for all your Disney Villain merchandise!! This would be my favorite store. I would probably rename it though, any suggestions?
1) Captain Hook's/Chicken of the Sea restaurant with Skull Rock. You know, that same place from Fantasyland's yesteryears.
2) Gaston's Tarvern/ Hunting Lodge. A sit-down, buffet, or scramble restaurant. Similar look and feel to the "Beauty & the Beast" film that inspired it.
3) "Yzma's Fruity Potions". A fruit smoothie stand ala Tiki Juice bar or Bengal BBQ type place.
1) Bald mountain is actually the wings of Chernabog as he awakens very 15 minutes with light projected spirits on the land's buildings and streets. Then he returns to looking like a mountain top of Bald Mountain with his wings. OR Chernabog rises out of Bald Mountain and does hiss thing. Once he's donw, he goes back down out of site. Bascially a hole in the mountain for Cherabog to pop in and out of. OPTIONAL: Notre Dame (representating Frollo) chimes and chases Chernabog back to mountain top form.
2) Either the whole land is enclosed with dome to make a fake sky. With the controlled sky, it will look more like the land is under the influence of villains. OR half of the land is outdoors and the other half is indoors. OR the whole land is outdoors. If partly indoors, maybe make it similar to Las Vegas' Cesar Palace/Venience shopping halls.
3) A cauldron fountain with water fog misters. And bubbles to make it look like it's boiling. Maybe Chernabog can control water fountains in the cauldron.