Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Donald's #1 Fan

Thursday's my wedding anniversary (10 years). I'll be at DL. I need help....

Hello all,

so, my plan goes something like this.

1) My son and I will arrive a couple of hours earlier to Anaheim on Wednesday. We'll both write a letter to my wife (his mom) saying how much we love her.
    2) We are going to Downtown Disney and buying her something special.
    3) We want to make a dinner reservation at a special place (Carthay Circle? Napa Rose?)

But here's where it gets interesting.

Wherecan I find an extra touch? I'd love music, champagne, flowers for my wife. Something really special.

What's the best restaurant for this? Does anyone know who I can call at the resort to help me arrange everything?

Thanks for your help!

• Donald's #1 Fan

Re: Thursday's my wedding anniversary (10 years). I'll be at DL. I need help....

I answered my own question: there's nothing like what I'm looking for and Disney can't do a thing about it. Not on Napa Rose, not on Carthay Circle, not on Steak 55. So much for great customer service!

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Thursday's my wedding anniversary (10 years). I'll be at DL. I need help....

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    I answered my own question: there's nothing like what I'm looking for and Disney can't do a thing about it. Not on Napa Rose, not on Carthay Circle, not on Steak 55. So much for great customer service!
    did you try Disney DreamMakers? I know they're primarily for the hotels, but it says they do deliver to some of the local outside hotels, so maybe they'd deliver to resort restaurants. I do know they're pretty spendy, but I'm sure nothing is too good for your lovely lady, right?

714 781-GIFT.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Chief Troublemaker

Duplicate post. Nothing to see here, move along please.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    did you try Disney DreamMakers? I know they're primarily for the hotels, but it says they do deliver to some of the local outside hotels, so maybe they'd deliver to resort restaurants. I do know they're pretty spendy, but I'm sure nothing is too good for your lovely lady, right?

714 781-GIFT.
    I didn't know a thing about that!!!! I asked the person at the Diners reservation and she said there was no way I could get my wife flowers. I'm calling the number you gave me right now, thank you so much for your help!

• Selfie Expert

You can also have a cake made and delivered to your meal at many of the restaurants, if that's something you'd be interested in. Sorry you received poor service from the Dining line.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Chief Troublemaker

No problem. I hope they're able to help you. Please let us know how it went. And remember, we LOVE pictures!

• Closed Account

You know, you may not get the violin guy and special flowers, etc, but you will get excellent service at any of the restaurants you mentioned. I recommend Napa Rose if you guys have the palette for their variety. If you're calling or making reservations ahead of time, just mention that you're celebrating your 10th anniversary and they'll probably do a little something extra - whether its a better seat or little dessert at the end. They usually ask if you're celebrating anything anyway, but those restaurants associated w/the hotels will do it best for you (as opposed to dining in Downtown Disney, where most businesses are privately run.)

• Donald's #1 Fan

REally, all of you ROCK far above the Disney person who helped me. Thank you SO much. I'm calling Dinner reservations first and tell them about the anniversary. Then I'm calling the Dream makers. Let's see how it goes.

• Donald's #1 Fan

What an amazing difference. I called Diners reservation and told them about our anniversary. Long story short, he gave me tons of tips, he's helping us get a special room at the Carthay Circle and we are getting a cake and "some surprises" at the Napa Rose.

It was the person who helped me yesterday. Night and day difference with the person who helped me today. I couldn't thank him enough!

• Closed Account

Nice work man! Fine dining at the DLR is one of my favorite things to do. I love the exclusivity of it all. Good luck.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    What an amazing difference. I called Diners reservation and told them about our anniversary. Long story short, he gave me tons of tips, he's helping us get a special room at the Carthay Circle and we are getting a cake and "some surprises" at the Napa Rose.

It was the person who helped me yesterday. Night and day difference with the person who helped me today. I couldn't thank him enough!
    Oh how wonderful!! I'm sure everything will be lovely and your wife will be thrilled! She's a lucky lady to have a Disney-loving husband (sigh, it's the only flaw in my otherwise perfect DH). And remember, we STILL love pictures!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    And remember, we STILL love pictures!
    Yes! Trip report, please!!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

All I know is I have to hide this thread from my wife. It makes me look bad with what I do for our anniversaries. I'm still in the dog house for that year I tried reserving the good table at McDonalds.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    All I know is I have to hide this thread from my wife. It makes me look bad with what I do for our anniversaries. I'm still in the dog house for that year I tried reserving the good table at McDonalds.

Hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast