Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14

    Dinosaur mini-land

    Off and on over the past year or so, I have been drawing my idea of the perfect Disneyland style park. It's Adventureland is an amalgam of many mini-lands from different environments. One of these mini lands is a dinosaur land. I thought I would share it.

    i am not entirely sure if the picture is going to come out right, but I'll try it anyway.

    Basically, how it works is the land connects to the rest of Adventureland by the pathway in between numbers three and four. The land takes place in the thirties or forties, and the backstory goes that paleontologists discovered many many dinosaur fossils around this volcano, Fire Mountain. They began digging, and that is number 4 on the map, their excavations. It is now like Dino Dig at Animal Kingdom, a little play area for kids.
    The area began to get built up, acquiring a cafeteria for all of the scientists to use, number 2, and a shop for them to find all of their excavation needs, 3. But then, these scientists made an amazing discovery. They tunneled through the mountain, looking for more fossils, and they discovered a place where dinosaurs still thrive. The scientists carved paths out through the forests and saw many amazing creatures on their way, 6.
    Soon the area became a large tourist destination, and the scientists decided to profit off that to finance their expeditions. They built a station for trams that would take guests on a tour of this land, 5. However, sometimes the pterodactyls are not very friendly, and they pick up the trams and take them flying through Fire Mountain, treacherously close to the magma. The scientists also filmed a movie of their expeditions farther into the jungle than the general public is allowed to go, and it is presented in building 1. Through a feat of technology for the time, they put the theater in a room that is programmed to move with the film. It is the first simulator.

    So, that is my dinosaur mini land. Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,416

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    Nice idea... I can't figure out where there would be room for it... either Critter Country could be converted to this, or the northern part of Tomorrowland (Autopia and Fantasia Gardens). If the latter, I would put the volcano on the far northeast corner of the park and have the Disneyland Railroad go through it.

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Nice idea... I can't figure out where there would be room for it... either Critter Country could be converted to this, or the northern part of Tomorrowland (Autopia and Fantasia Gardens). If the latter, I would put the volcano on the far northeast corner of the park and have the Disneyland Railroad go through it.
    Nice idea. I was thinking Adventureland, but I know there's not room there. That got me thinking how about above BTMRR? Where the Big Thunder Ranch is now? I was also thinking of an Oz land for that area too, but I haven't figured it out yet.

  4. #4

    • Singing Drinker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,126

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    Nice idea. I was thinking Adventureland, but I know there's not room there. That got me thinking how about above BTMRR? Where the Big Thunder Ranch is now? I was also thinking of an Oz land for that area too, but I haven't figured it out yet.
    That's the Corporate Garden/Special Events Grotto/Special CM Oubliette, Big Thunder BBQ and a ton of backstage support infrastructure just back behind the treeline - for instance, Circle D is right in the path of that plan.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  5. #5

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    I'm thinking DAK, to replace DinoLand

  6. #6

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,485

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    Nice idea, I like CAadventures suggestion.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  7. #7

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'm thinking DAK, to replace DinoLand
    The only problem though, is that Fire Mountain might compete with Everest, having two mountains so close to each other. It might work though if you turned the plan around and had the mountain face the front of the park. Then you could see it from the parking lot, and it could help build excitement.

  8. #8

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,886
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    The only problem though, is that Fire Mountain might compete with Everest, having two mountains so close to each other. It might work though if you turned the plan around and had the mountain face the front of the park. Then you could see it from the parking lot, and it could help build excitement.
    No. You gave more thought into your proposal than the people who created DinoLand (which at the time was sponsored by McDonald's, can you tell? Does it show?)

    At Disneyland we happily go from Splash to Big Thunder to the Matterhorn to Space before park hopping over to Grizzly River Run (I suppose you could even add RSS to this list). Having multiple mountains works!

  9. #9

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    At Disneyland we happily go from Splash to Big Thunder to the Matterhorn to Space before park hopping over to Grizzly River Run (I suppose you could even add RSS to this list). Having multiple mountains works!
    I suppose that's true. And with AvatarLand and the floating Hallelujah mountains, they're already adding more mountains in Animal Kingdom, so a third one can't hurt. And Disney has never built a volcano stateside before.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    543

    Re: Dinosaur mini-land

    Discovery Bay was going to have some dinosaurs. That concept would have been perfect. I still hope they expand into that back area of frontierland one day.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] When was monsters inc mini land confirmed?
    By Soul_Meets_Body in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 08:22 AM
  2. [Idea] Would you like to see Adventure Land become a mini Avatarland?
    By DCAfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 07:29 AM
  3. A Mini Trip Post of Cars Land!! w/pics
    By DizneyFan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 05:50 PM
  4. [Rumor] John Lasseter Meets w/Other Execs At Rumored Ratatouille Ride / Mini Land Area
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •