Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 expansion

2015 expansion

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss the expansion that might be coming in 2015.

I cant ant see anything happening in 2014 seeing as they haven't announced anything yet.

if they are going to do Star Wars overlay in tomorrow land. I would have thought they would have tried to have this done in time for Celebration at the Convention centre in April. Would at least make sense.

• Artistic integrity

Re: 2015 expansion

You said "expansion".

That means .. going into areas that are "adding on" to the existing park.

That could only be the back of Frontierland, what's left of the Timon Lot for DCA, and a possible 3rd gate.

That's what I thought you were alluding to.

Star Wars over Tomorrowland .. is a replacement. Not an "expansion".
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

For the 60th anniversary I would rather see them restore every single thing in the park to mint condition, as a matter of taking pride in the park. That would be more important to me than adding new attractions, redoing areas of the park or adding more land to the park.

But after that, yes I would like to see a total makeover of Tomorrowland, keeping only the best features, and a new plan for Frontierland and Critter Country, making better use of the northwest corner of the park, and a new land, in the area of the submarines north to it's small world, with an oceanic theme, and a new mini-land north of Fantasyland with a London theme.

• Nutty about Disney parks

2015 seems very tight. No way can they get an expansion of that magnitude completed in less than 2 years. Even Carsland took five years from when it was first announced.

Plus 2015 will also be the 60th Anniversary of Disneyland. That's alot to get planned and done in a short amount of time.

I always get excited when I see the titles of these threads only to find nothing of importance inside..

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    I always get excited when I see the titles of these threads only to find nothing of importance inside..
    Yeah zero substance in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Yeah zero substance in this thread.
    by all means if you have something of substance to put in the thread for others to discuss go ahead

after thinking aboUt this a bit more, I don't see anything happening before the 60th anniversary especially after the amount of money that must have been spent on BTMRR.

Plus us it would be silly to do the Star Wars make over before the new movies come out. They might find one character is much more popular than others and then would wont theme a certain part on that one character more than the others.

• Unhelpful User

This thread is dumb. Not even linking to a report or an article with a rumor of expansion in 2015, just speculation. Don't select the "rumor" title unless you're going to link said rumor.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hope the rumors that all the dark rides will get redone will be enough.....but besides that...I think it would be cool if they added 60 new effects into all the rides (60 all together)

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hope the rumors that all the dark rides will get redone will be enough.....but besides that...I think it would be cool if they added 60 new effects into all the rides (60 all together)
    60 "Hidden" Mickeys for the 60th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    This thread is dumb. Not even linking to a report or an article with a rumor of expansion in 2015, just speculation. Don't select the "rumor" title unless you're going to link said rumor.
    as as I said in the first post this is just somewhere to discuss possibilities and rumours. If you don't want to take place in the discussion that's fine. It's not like I called the thread "BRAND NEW INFO ON 2015 MEGA EXPANSION!!!!!!!!!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

That could only be the back of Frontierland, what's left of the Timon Lot for DCA, and a possible 3rd gate.
    They could also significantly expand New Orleans Square underneath the train tracks if they moved certain backstage buildings/facilities, and have room for a large showbuilding.

They could also use the land north of Big Thunder Ranch/BBQ (and the Big Thunder ranch itself) for a Fantasyland expansion, in addition to removing the Fantasyland theater, not technically an expansion, but putting rides/restaurants were none were before.

Also, an east-side Main Street expansion/alley project would provide new guest space.

Also . . . Simba parking lot could be used, and they could demolish the Paradise Pier Hotel and connect it to DCA. Enough room for a Star Wars land easily, though they'd need to put a skin on certain faces of the Disneyland hotels to hide them. A high-quality addition would work here because guests would have to travel through the less frequented areas of DCA, and it would be without the expense of the third gate.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 11-04-2013 at 09:53 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    2015 seems very tight. No way can they get an expansion of that magnitude completed in less than 2 years. Even Carsland took five years from when it was first announced.

Plus 2015 will also be the 60th Anniversary of Disneyland. That's alot to get planned and done in a short amount of time.
    Disney likes announcing new things for the domestic parks, it is free publicity, and sometimes just the idea that something big and new is being built is sort of an attraction in of itself.

Never believed any of the crazy rumors about Monstropolis in DCA, Ewoks on the Autopia, or Star Wars land in Tomorrowland.

I wouldn't expect anything big for the 60th for the simple reason that the hyped anniversaries are really just promotions, as is, it seems that DLR is doing quite well in the attendance area. I'm thinking a relatively cheap 24-hour birthday party event.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post

Also . . . Simba parking lot could be used, and they could demolish the Paradise Pier Hotel and connect it to DCA. Enough room for a Star Wars land easily, though they'd need to put a skin on certain faces of the Disneyland hotels to hide them. A high-quality addition would work here because guests would have to travel through the less frequented areas of DCA, and it would be without the expense of the third gate.
    Yes but at a great cost in common sense since Star Wars isn't a region of California.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    They could also significantly expand New Orleans Square underneath the train tracks if they moved certain backstage buildings/facilities, and have room for a large showbuilding.

They could also use the land north of Big Thunder Ranch/BBQ (and the Big Thunder ranch itself) for a Fantasyland expansion, in addition to removing the Fantasyland theater, not technically an expansion, but putting rides/restaurants were none were before.

Also, an east-side Main Street expansion/alley project would provide new guest space.
    I should add that I think these other ideas are great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast