Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Can everyone stop with the Disneyland Park "Next Big Thing" so-called rumors

Why are so many micechatters putting up posts about All these various rumors of something big they think is coming, it's just all this hope we have that disneyland will do the right thing and go back to the golden years of disneyland back when walt and tony ran the show back in their great years with disneylande. I know micechatters, we are in a bit of a dry spell here at Micechat and honestly, it sucks. Yes Disneyland has done us dirty, not announcing anything and continue to do so day in and day out. This is true but this has been going on for the last 19 years. Gone are the days of captain EO, Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Fantasmic!, Toontown and Indiana Jones and here now are the days of Tomorrowland 98, Light Magic, Tarzan's Treehouse, Remodeled Autopia, Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, Finding Nemo, princess and Marvel meet and greets. If we get a new atrtraction it will just be a remodel or something small and cheap. Disneyland will not listen to us when it really matters, we've waited almost 20 years for them to astonish us once again and when we do hit 20 there will still be no announcement of something truly special and significant coming to the place we put so much of our time, money and love into. As long as that money keeps coming in and the record numbers don't stop, they will not take their wallet out to truly please us like we do for them again and again and again and again, sad but true.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: Can everyone stop with the Disneyland Park "Next Big Thing" so-called rumors

I think you are not lumping DCA with Disneyland. True while the show went south for the millennium when DCA open, and no one showed up, that's where all the work started going. This is why they did not even bother to fix Rocket Rods because why spend the money on just one problematic attraction instead of a problem-full park. DCA finally got a real look over by WDI back around 2004 and they started working on fixing it in '05 after their attention was done for the 50th. It takes about 5 years for WDI to come up with an idea until the attraction opens. So hint why the announcement in '08 for DCA 2.0 and the opening of everything from '08-'12. Now that DCA is fixed the attention at least for the Resort will be turned to other problems that have been ignored due to the importance of a problem theme park vs little sections of a working theme park. WDI is hard at work on planning new stuff coming to the resort but because of the 5 year window we will not see anything for a while that even if they started planning back in '10 we are still 2-3 years from attraction opening and less from ground breaking.

Just be glad we are not Florida or Pairs because Florida never gets anything new and Pairs is not scheduled to get another attraction for 7 years after Ratatouille opens. Although I agree with you about the fact APs hand the resort hands and fits of money for a quality product that we should get the best but the people building the stuff are not all magical like we believe they are but real people who need time to create their product in a way that will best fill the hole that its going into and not harm the other attractions that are around it. If you would like to see an example of a park that just shoved new with taking the time to do it right look at Knots. Knots (under pervious management) shoved ride/rollercoaster into spots that could not support them and it almost destroyed the beauty of the park. Disney builds new attractions so that the fill the space it put into and does not disrupt the theme around it (unless its Tomorrowland). Now we can have arguments about where DL management got in the way of WDI and caused the change/downgrading of the projects for cost cutting measures but the people at WDI are still the most creative people in the world and if they had an unlimited budget they could build the parks they way that would blow our socks off but they are again not magicians. At this point I would say is wait and be patient.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• An Old Scraper Driver

Re: Can everyone stop with the Disneyland Park "Next Big Thing" so-called rumors

Disney is very successful at providing entertainment. Why would the corporation take any advice from comic bookstore guy-type whiners. If you think Disneyland has done you dirty, please don't go any more. Then there will be one less body in front of me in line, more importantly, you won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Boy View Post
    Disney is very successful at providing entertainment. Why would the corporation take any advice from comic bookstore guy-type whiners. If you think Disneyland has done you dirty, please don't go any more. Then there will be one less body in front of me in line, more importantly, you won't be missed.
    Ouch... a tad bit harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Boy View Post
    Well actually they did buy Marvel. So they apparently do pay attention to comic book store guys.
    You didnt put much thought into that comment did you?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

What guy named Tony ever ran Disneyland?

• Donald's #1 Fan

I just wish they replaced attractions with quality ones.

I don't care if they add new ones.

Just.... don't take out People Mover to build Rocket rods. Don't kill the Submarine Ride for Nemo. Stop using America Sings as a Best Buy extension. You get the idea...

• Chief Troublemaker

I really don't mind rumor posting as long as they are labeled as such. Speculating can be fun as long as one remembers that old adage about what happens when you 'assume'.

No matter who they say told them (inside source, CM, someone 'in the know', Madame Leota, etc) or what they were told (Star Wars, Avatar, 'Ab-Fab' takes over the Princesses, whatever) I always take it with a mountain of salt & any ensuing discussion as a form of mental entertainment to utilize my own imagination (or righteous indignation).
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I really don't mind rumor posting as long as they are labeled as such. Speculating can be fun as long as one remembers that old adage about what happens when you 'assume'.
    I agree with this! Speculating is fun and creates a discussion amongst us fans, but make it clear to everyone that what you're stating is speculation/rumor and nothing more.
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    I know micechatters, we are in a bit of a dry spell here at Micechat and honestly, it sucks. Yes Disneyland has done us dirty, not announcing anything and continue to do so day in and day out.
    Wasn't that long ago that Bob Iger announced that "exciting things" are coming to the original park, Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    Disneyland will not listen to us when it really matters, we've waited almost 20 years for them to astonish us once again and when we do hit 20 there will still be no announcement of something truly special and significant coming to the place we put so much of our time, money and love into. As long as that money keeps coming in and the record numbers don't stop, they will not take their wallet out to truly please us like we do for them again and again and again and again, sad but true.
    Disney decided that DCA was salvageable. If DCA was run by any other company, such as one with small pockets, rides would have been closed, operating hours slashed, and perhaps the whole thing sold off in bankruptcy proceedings. Disney doubled down and invested and Carsland has worked out better than most thought.

Disneyland hit record attendance last year (as I recall anyway), there is such a thing as having difficulty surviving success as much as failure. With DCA's failure, the solution was clear: quality lands/attractions. Disneyland's success has presented parking problems and crowd issues.

Disneyland needs an expansion, just to handle the crowds, and also to take advantage of the huge guests numbers during certain times of the year.

DLR can't logistically handle well the increased traffic with a major new offering at Disneyland, at least not without a massive expansion of the Mickey and Friends parking garage.

It's a mental pretzel that will take a bit of time for the brass to figure out (if they haven't already), and the solution involves infrastructure improvements in the form of a new parking garage and then something . . . new.

I will say that the Disney princess brand is pretty strong, witness the Fantasy Faire's success, MK got a New Fantasyland that was pretty successful, seems that something like that might be on the docket for DL at some point, and it would probably involved removing the Fantasyland theater and building back . . .

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    What guy named Tony ever ran Disneyland?
    Good question.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

ORDDU: Since this web-footed site is visited by so many different ducklings, it's impossible to police everyone who wants to create a topic we don't like. Therefore it's best to simply ignore the topics we don't appreciate and let those who can appreciate them just have at them. It's all about live and let live...

• Minion

I don't mind rumors being posted here. I just won't believe most of them until they are officially confirmed.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I don't mind rumors being posted here. I just won't believe most of them until they are officially confirmed.
    Basically this?

It's a fansite where a good chunk of the site backing the forums is dedicated to Disney gossip, rumors, complaints and the rare actual bit of news. If we didn't hash over favored potential expansions, sacred cows in superhero capes and the occasional spat over the Peoplemover tracks being used for a mag-lev Mars launch (note: not actually being used for a mag-lev Mars launch) then what WOULD we do?
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Closed Account

I kinda agree with the original poster here. Maybe MiceChat needs a Rumors forum that are only for zany ideas and made up "what if" type of rumors. I hear the same murmurs on other forums/outlets about this downside of MC forums.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast