• MaliBOOMer

Indiana Jones Question

At the beginning of the ride Sallah has a few sayings it cycles through as you round the first corner.

Those being:

Easy, Easy, Go Easy, The wheels may be needing a little work. (Rare)

The Accelerating device will occasionally be sticking but do not be concerned the breaks are very good. (Occasionally happens)

Hello, Hello, oh my friends, the brakes may be needing a little adjustment easy on the curves. (the most common)

I remember hearing a fourth one though and I want to see if anyone else has experienced this one as well. I can find video evidence of the 3 above but can't any of this one:

Ah, Hello, Please check the steering wheel making sure it is not stiff, that would be very bad.

I only remember it happening once which would make it extremely rare considering how much I ride the attraction.
    Is my memory failing me or has anyone else heard this too. If anyone knows of a video with this in it that would be awesome!
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Minion

Re: Indiana Jones Question

Yes, I've heard that. Not sure how rare it is though.

• formerly very helpful

I've heard it several times.

• Former Churro Jockey

My understanding is that depending on which door you are going to go through, the narration goes along with it. So for example, if you go through the door to the conservatory of the future, you will get certain narration such as "the brakes may be needing a little work" along with the things that Indy says "snakes. you guys are on your own", and then the last thing that Sallah says before you exit, "if you drank too much from the fountain of youth, we will be happy to assist you with strollers." I've never really sat down and tried to figure out which narration goes with which door, and honestly I don't even know which door is which.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    My understanding is that depending on which door you are going to go through, the narration goes along with it. So for example, if you go through the door to the conservatory of the future, you will get certain narration such as "the brakes may be needing a little work" along with the things that Indy says "snakes. you guys are on your own", and then the last thing that Sallah says before you exit, "if you drank too much from the fountain of youth, we will be happy to assist you with strollers." I've never really sat down and tried to figure out which narration goes with which door, and honestly I don't even know which door is which.
    It also doesn't help when there have been long stretches where the final narration didn't necessarily match the experience - I've had the Fountain of Youth spiel many times when the wealth room's the only one running and the like.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Yes, the opening and closing bits when I rode the attraction in August didn't match up. Then again, it didn't operate properly with the opening mirrors bit.
    The list of Disney people I've encountered in my life: John Lasseter, Brad Bird, Lee Unkrich, Darla K Anderson, Eric Goldberg, Don Hahn, Peter Schneider, Burney Mattinson, John Musker, Ron Clements, Nik Ranieri, John Kahrs, Jeff Turley, Patrick Osbourne, Dave Bossert, Roy P Disney.

People I would love to meet in person: Glen Keane, Andreas Deja.

I thought I remember something about checking seat straps to make sure they are securely fastened.