View Poll Results: What S Cal theme park addition are you most excited about?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Universal Hwood's Wizarding World of Harry Potter

52 62.65%
  • DCA's Monster's door coaster

4 4.82%
  • Dland's Tomorrowland changes--whenever that happens (If?)

17 20.48%
  • Knott's dark ride--whenever that happens (If if does.)

4 4.82%
  • Magic Mtn's next coaster--whatever that is

2 2.41%
  • Jcruise, you forgot one. Please see my post below.

2 2.41%
  • The indoor water park hotel coming to Garden Grove--if it does

0 0%
  • Dumbo's Pink Elephants Acid Trip

2 2.41%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: What S Cal theme park development R U most excited about?

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    We don't know that they aren't doing anything. Nothing has been announced either way.
    Exactly.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Potter, because I won't have to wait 10+ years to enjoy it.

Too early to say. One hopes Potter turns out well, but I will be very disappointed if USH's version turns out to be a value engineered version compared to the one in FL.

• Under that tree again!

Potter, but not just for Potter. I've done it in Orlando and will get to their expansion before Hollywood's.

I just have hope USH will have something different than Orlando. Besides a Castle on an actual hill.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Potter, but not just for Potter. I've done it in Orlando and will get to their expansion before Hollywood's.

I just have hope USH will have something different than Orlando. Besides a Castle on an actual hill.
    I also want this to be both excellent and so different from the one in Orlando that it inspires us to go to Universal Orlando.

I admire the patient optimism of those who've voted that they're most excited about Disneyland's Tomorrowland!

But I imagine Iger and Staggs telling the new Disneyland Resort President, "That ol' abandoned Peoplemover track ain't goin' nowhere!" "Can we at least move the entryway rocks. They're ugly and just clog up the entrance." "Nope." "So I probably shouldn't even ask about moving the Astro-oribiter back on the old abandoned Peoplemover structure?" Iger & Staggs put Rasulo and Crofton on speaker phone and repeat Colglazier's last question. The four Eisnerites laugh outloud.
    (I wasn't annoyed with insomnia when I wrote my more upbeat post #9 on this thread about Tomorrowland. And, to be fair, a Stanford grad who calls himself "Thomas" probably doesn't
    normally use a lot of ain'ts.
    )
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-07-2013 at 11:20 AM.

• Sock Puppet

jasmineray, I've seen you compare DLR to WDW new projects and attractions as if DLR is getting everything and WDW nothing but FASTPASS +. You talk about WDW fans being disgruntled, but you can't compare that to DL. WDW fans are used to getting new parks every 5-10 years and have become spoiled. In the last 10 years WDW has added Everest, Soarin, Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, New Hotel Resorts, a complete reimagining of Test Trac and also Star Tours 2. Not to mention Restaurant attractions in the New Fantasyland of a caliber DLR could only dream of. Also, the Belle experience that would immediately be one of the most popular attractions at DL if added.
    In 2015 they will open a highly themed D+ ticket family coaster and will be heavily into construction on the already announced Pandora land that will be a MASSIVE expansion on CARSLAND quality level, but will include 2 truly Disney level attractions instead of the 1 quality and 2 carnival attractions CARSLAND has. What does DLR have opening and under construction for 2015?
    I'm not trying to single you out, but your comments are just completely not accurate, no matter HOW whiny WDW fans get.
    One other thing, the Star Wars rumors are actually much more solid for DHS than they are for DL and I think most people feel like they are just finalizing plans for a big DCA type expansion for that park. Things are looking much brighter over the next 5 years for Orlando than they are for Anaheim. And with the huge USH expansion already under way, that is extremely frustrating.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    . . . I've seen you compare DLR to WDW new projects and attractions as if DLR is getting everything and WDW nothing but FASTPASS +. You talk about WDW fans being disgruntled, but you can't compare that to DL. WDW fans are used to getting new parks every 5-10 years and have become spoiled. In the last 10 years WDW has added Everest, Soarin, Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, New Hotel Resorts, a complete reimagining of Test Trac and also Star Tours 2. Not to mention Restaurant attractions in the New Fantasyland of a caliber DLR could only dream of. Also, the Belle experience that would immediately be one of the most popular attractions at DL if added.
    In 2015 they will open a highly themed D+ ticket family coaster and will be heavily into construction on the already announced Pandora land that will be a MASSIVE expansion on CARSLAND quality level, but will include 2 truly Disney level attractions instead of the 1 quality and 2 carnival attractions CARSLAND has. What does DLR have opening and under construction for 2015?
    I'm not trying to single you out, but your comments are just completely not accurate, no matter HOW whiny WDW fans get.
    One other thing, the Star Wars rumors are actually much more solid for DHS than they are for DL and I think most people feel like they are just finalizing plans for a big DCA type expansion for that park. Things are looking much brighter over the next 5 years for Orlando than they are for Anaheim. And with the huge USH expansion already under way, that is extremely frustrating.
    DLRDAD, it's refreshing to read a spirited defense of WDW, though this thread is about S. California. You introduced WDW into this thread and Jasmineray just responded to it.

And yet now I too must defend our beloved Disneyland (Walt's third daughter and the subject of pop songs.) WDW's been resting on their 17 (at MK) million for over a decade.

Most of the attractions you listed over the last 10 years are also at Disneyland, all within convenient walking distance of each other, and for YEARS Disney has not deemed WDW worthy of a Yeti that does anything. It's been exactly as animated over the past few YEARS as Richard Nixon's corpse has been over that same time. I'm proud to say that our Yeti startled my normally brave daughter this summer.

More of Disney's executives and more celebrities visit Disneyland, so maybe it's better maintained because more VIPs go there.

Or maybe our much better climate is just kinder to our parks. Nope, scratch that--they're just better maintained. Much less to take care of. Disneyland is a pair of Faberge eggs, and Disney World is . . . well, I hope it improves because we might go there again if it does.

But glad you love Disney World!

P.S. Two days ago on a thread "When was the last time Disneyland build something special and unique?" a certain (and certainly awesome) DLRDAD defended Disneyland by responding, "How about Soarin, CARSLAND, toy Story Mania?" Excellent! Like Whitman, you contain multitudes. Thanks for the Disneyland love. You're a true Disney fan!

P.P.S. One plus about Disneyland's skyrocketing prices is that we now only get APs every other year or every third year, so everything seems a little fresh when we return.

P.P.P.S. I love that when they've changed attractions like the Treehouse, Small World, Mr. Toad, the Haunted Mansion, and Pirates, they've (sometimes) been making the Florida and California versions less alike! Viva la difference!

And now back to the S. California attraction you're most excited about. (Yay, Potter! Now don't be a mini-clone!)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-15-2013 at 08:46 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Hey jcruise86. I'm a DL first guy, through and through. I'm not complaining at all about the attractions and additions in the last 7 years. My only complaint would be that they should have gone with a fantasyland style dark ride for CARSLAND instead of Luigis. In fact, I have been a huge DCA appopogist over those years. It's my favorite Disney park, yes even over the original. All I was talking about was the misinformation that WDW had been shut out of any new additions in recent years, while they still have constructions going on, as well as ready to begin on Pandora.
    my disappointment is in Disney not capitalizing on the huge success of the DCA makeover with big expansion plans. The opportunity to transform into a huge tourist destination is right in front of them.

• Minion

jasmineray, I've seen you compare DLR to WDW new projects and attractions as if DLR is getting everything and WDW nothing but FASTPASS +. You talk about WDW fans being disgruntled, but you can't compare that to DL. WDW fans are used to getting new parks every 5-10 years and have become spoiled. In the last 10 years WDW has added Everest, Soarin, Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, New Hotel Resorts, a complete reimagining of Test Trac and also Star Tours 2. Not to mention Restaurant attractions in the New Fantasyland of a caliber DLR could only dream of. Also, the Belle experience that would immediately be one of the most popular attractions at DL if added.
    I absolutely have no clue what you're talking about. If you could point me to these posts where I'm constantly comparing the DLR to WDW to refresh my memory, that would be greatly appreciated. And you are singling me out, but it doesn't bother me, so it doesn't matter.

Everest has had a broken yeti since 2007, one year after it opened, Soarin' is a clone of Soarin' Over California, Little Mermaid is a clone, Midway Mania is a clone and I can tell you most WDW fans couldn't care less about these new resorts. We also got the Star Tours remake and we have RSR. I honestly don't know why you think the DLR hasn't gotten anything in the past ten years, but shall we list them?

Nemo Subs
    Buzz
    New parades and new firework shows
    Upgrades to Fantasmic!
    Major upgrade to Space Mountain
    Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!
    Buena Vista Street
    Cars Land
    World of Color
    Mermaid
    Midway Mania
    Tower of Terror
    ElecTRONica
    Glow Fest
    Mad T Party
    New designs for attractions
    Mickey and the Magical Map
    Princess Fantasy Faire

I bet there's more, but I think I covered enough. What are you seeing that I'm not?

You have NO CLUE what the company has planned for Disneyland in 2015. Not one. No one here knows, simple as that. You act as if Disney came out and blatantly said they have nothing planned for 2015, which is DL's 60th anniversary. BTW, Iger already said the company was going to continue to invest and expand Disneyland. We don't know what these plans are or what the future holds for Disneyland, yet, including you, so chill out, relax and take a breather.

It's great that USH is expanding, I don't see how that can be frustrating.
    Last edited by jasmineray; 11-06-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Evil is Sexy

Fantasyland's dark ride makeovers.
    Harry Potter, eh, I think it will be a 'once and glad I did' thing. Six Flags isn't as fun as it used to be, I haven't been to Knott's since we've moved to the West Coast and the other Disney rumors are still just rumors. As is the one I'd be most excited about.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

1. a Carousel of Progress hosted by Tony Stark and his father,
    I have not laugh that hard in a long time... Thank you.

• -

What does DLR have opening and under construction for 2015?
    It could be a lot, it could be a little. It could be the greatest attraction ever, or they could have nothing. We just don’t know.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Harry Potter at Universal Hollywood! For me, that easily beats Star Wars Land.

• former CM

As I write this, 31 out of 49 (over 63% of) Micechatters have voted that they are most excited about HP coming to Universal Hollywood, and 13 (almost 27%) are most excited about improvements and new stuff in Tomorrowland, even though this might not happen before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Nothing else received more than one vote. (I'm excluding our two Micechatter friends who voted for
    Dumbo's Pink Elephant Acid Trip, which I--unfortunately--made up.)
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.

• former CM

What S.ern California theme park development are you most excited about?

Oops. Sorry!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast