View Poll Results: What S Cal theme park addition are you most excited about?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Universal Hwood's Wizarding World of Harry Potter

52 62.65%
  • DCA's Monster's door coaster

4 4.82%
  • Dland's Tomorrowland changes--whenever that happens (If?)

17 20.48%
  • Knott's dark ride--whenever that happens (If if does.)

4 4.82%
  • Magic Mtn's next coaster--whatever that is

2 2.41%
  • Jcruise, you forgot one. Please see my post below.

2 2.41%
  • The indoor water park hotel coming to Garden Grove--if it does

0 0%
  • Dumbo's Pink Elephants Acid Trip

2 2.41%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: What S Cal theme park development R U most excited about?

Well obviously it's the Potter kid because it's the ONLY big project that is confirmed and beginning construction.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    . . . it's not like AP-holders will just stop having APs because of Potter. . .
    We are planning on getting Universal Hollywood APs one year instead of Disneyland APs because of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but we could be the only family like this in California.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    We are planning on getting Universal Hollywood APs one year instead of Disneyland APs because of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but we could be the only family like this in California.
    I'm sure many people will do that. BUT, kinda going back to the other point of that post, what really could Disney do to win some of those former AP holders back? When HP opened up in Florida I already had an AP to both parks but I would think that if I was a DL APholder and was wanting to switch solely to Universal because of Potter, nothing DL could do would convince me otherwise, besides maybe Star Wars Land. Other than that, nothing they could do (Avatar, Monsters Inc, etc) is going to outweigh Potter's impact. Which is why I think they're just going to sit back and watch.

I think they could do a 3-D robocoaster type ride based on the Wizard of Oz that would be really cool. Tornado, waterfall, rapids, river fairies, witches, flying baboons, fireworks....

Or Peter Pan - flying over London and around Neverland, pirates, faries, americaindians, black castle, mermaids....

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    As I write this, 31 out of 49 (over 63% of) Micechatters have voted that they are most excited about HP coming to Universal Hollywood, and 13 (almost 27%) are most excited about improvements and new stuff in Tomorrowland, even though this might not happen before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Nothing else received more than one vote. (I'm excluding our two Micechatter friends who voted for
    Dumbo's Pink Elephant Acid Trip, which I--unfortunately--made up.)

To be fair, the deck is stacked -- HP is the only non-theoretical park addition on the list.

•   
    • Minion

WWoHP without a doubt since it;s actually happening if it was a Star Wars land versus WWoHp then I would vote Star Wars!

• failure for lunch

This poll was created prior to the Mine Ride upgrade along with the Camp Snoopy restoration.

I'm really excited about both of these as these collective changes should get Knott's back to being a family park again.

Garner Holt did an amazing job on the Log Ride, and I'm really excited to see what they do to the Mine Ride. Admittedly it's no Harry Potter and it's not going to get people flying in from around the world to see it...but as a local, watching Knott's shift it's focus to families and embracing it's nostalgia is something I've waited years to see and excites me more than anything Disney or Universal is offering.
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by manifest View Post
    This poll was created prior to the Mine Ride upgrade along with the Camp Snoopy restoration.

I'm really excited about both of these as these collective changes should get Knott's back to being a family park again.

Garner Holt did an amazing job on the Log Ride, and I'm really excited to see what they do to the Mine Ride. Admittedly it's no Harry Potter and it's not going to get people flying in from around the world to see it...but as a local, watching Knott's shift it's focus to families and embracing it's nostalgia is something I've waited years to see and excites me more than anything Disney or Universal is offering.
    I'm also a Knott's fan. We got a little burned out on Disneyland after four years in a row with Disneyland APs, so we saved money, got Knott's Season Passes, and had a year filled with happy Buena Park visits. (Knott's badly named "Season" Passes are currently only $78 and include a December visit and all of 2014 with no black-out dates and with some discounts.)

I love that Norm/Fishbulb is also a Knott's fan and that it gets excellent coverage on Micechat to the point were some of us Micechatters were lobbying Knott's for more theme appropriate music in Ghost Town about a year or two ago. (It seemed like they listened.)

I'm looking forward to Knott's (hopefully) putting in an indoor attraction where the dinosaurs ride was.
    I'd like a haunted house with at least two creative live actors inside at all times, and the ability to be plussed for the excellent Scary Farm.

Go Matt Ouimet!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-09-2013 at 12:35 PM.

• former CM

So when will Disneyland break ground on a new Tomorrowland development? I'd guess after the 60th anniversary year in 2015, then it'll be finished in 2019. The anticipation is boring me.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I still want them to build that Black Cauldron dark ride they were talking about back in the mid-80's!!!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by emwhysee View Post
    To be fair, the deck is stacked -- HP is the only non-theoretical park addition on the list.
    Disney did a great job with Carsland and, I think, a very good job with that new, little Fantasyland theater that presents "Tangled" and "Beauty and the Beast." But now Universal is stepping it up while Iger & his fellow Eisner colleagues offer only hope.

There's nothing unfair about Universal's building what theme park customers will want most. This goes triple for Universal Orlando vs. WDW. Watching the "Avatar" or "Star Wars" movies is passive, but reading thousands of pages of Harry Potter captured the imaginations of millions of the best and brightest kids. More bluntly, while there is great overlap, kids who read Potter are smarter than kids who just watch movies. In Central Florida, Universal's growing Wizarding World of Harry Potter might become too cool to resist for an increasing # of motivated and/or affluent families.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-15-2013 at 08:49 AM.

• Fastest Man Alive

Potter. I was completely blown away by what I experienced in Florida and I'm super excited that it is being cloned over here now.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234