Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Re: Billy Hill and the Hillbillies to RETIRE. Final performance on Jan 6th 2014

Thanks for the video SoCalbma. It got me teary eyed towards the end.

• Donald's #1 Fan

This is somewhat strange, but I'm decidedly not the target audience for the Hillbillies, having nothing in common with their music, knowing nothing about their style, and having nothing to do with their sense of humor.

Having said that, I saw them twice - in 2012 on the Golden Horseshoe and on November at the Big Thunder Ranch (quite by accident, we started walking along the pens and I was surprised to see a stage - so much for knowing every last inch of Disneyland!).

We LOVED the show. My son - again, nothing to do with their sense of humor, knowing nothing about their musical style, etc., liked them. My wife really liked the whole deal. I laughed a lot, enjoyed the music and had a great time.

If Billy Hill and his show could trascend said cultural barriers so easily - I can't imagine how DL is going to fill their void. Shame on the park - there's a fine line between a classic and old stuff and they seldom can figure out which is which, IMHO.

The final show was 40 mins long.

Wow! Anyone more familiar with the holiday show (than I am) know what they added? Or are there usually bits they swap out/alternated in the show and the final one they just did them all?

I remember seeing the Hillibillies' holiday show back around Thanksgiving and I was super disappointed at how short it was. It was only 20 minutes when I saw it, although it was a B-cast that day.

I think it is very unfortunate to see the Billy's go, whatever the circumstances were. Perhaps the last shows crowd will prove to Disney Execs that it was a poor decision. I try to go down there once a year, although, I haven't been since 2012. If I go down there and find out that there is a Billy show at Knott's Berry Farm, I'd gladly spend a day there and see them. I just think that it is crazy that Disneyland would chance who knows how much money, on people massing at Knott's to see these guys. Wouldn't it have been smart to just have them stay?
    With that being said, I wonder what the real reason behind them cancelling the show. I guess we will never know.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Announcement by Kirk and the Billies on their FB page....

Thanks to all of you and your overwhelming support, we are excited and proud to announce that our new schedule is online. Better go get those Knott's Seasonal Passes, y'all!!!

New schedule is online at kirkwallandthehillbillies.com NOW!

Looks like if you want to see them you better get that Knotts pass.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Looks like if you want to see them you better get that Knotts pass. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Yep, they're scheduled every Saturday and Sunday through April. Kudos to Knotts for picking these guys up!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Looks like if you want to see them you better get that Knotts pass. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    The wife and I are considering that right now.

And it will be one or the other, not both.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I'm glad it was such a nice turnout and memorable evening for them. I can't imagine what Disneyland could replace them with that would be more fitting or entertaining. Anyone know if they will be replaced with another show?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    That's not a cello. It's a bass.
    Sorry yes, a cello you sit down to play. I'm not widely familiar with the stringed instruments. More familiar with the wind instrument family

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    I'm glad it was such a nice turnout and memorable evening for them. I can't imagine what Disneyland could replace them with that would be more fitting or entertaining. Anyone know if they will be replaced with another show?
    The have been replaced with a laughing stock.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314