Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Billy's going to end, foreever. on the Disney blog.

Disneyland Park to Retire Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Act January 6

posted on November 6th, 2013 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Longtime Disneyland guest favorite Billy Hill and the Hillbillies are getting ready to begin their final seasonal holiday performances at Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree this Friday. At the end of this special holiday run, their final day of performances at Disneyland park will be January 6, 2014.

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies have been entertaining guests at Disneyland park for more than 20 years and join a legacy of live entertainers that have performed in the park throughout its 58-year history. Future plans for Big Ranch Thunder Jamboree are to feature a variety of entertainment offerings during our many seasonal and special celebrations.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Future Indy Castmember

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies to RETIRE. Final performance on Jan 6th 2014

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Re: Billy Hill and the Hillbillies to RETIRE. Final performance on Jan 6th 2014

That's so sad!!

• formerly very helpful

Is been a good run. The sad part is right now I'm hoping that they'll put in a show similar to the Golden Horseshoe, but I know if I hope for this I will just get disappointed.

• Minion

Hope this isn't becoming a trend, first Minnies Fly Girls is cut now this, hopefully something replaces it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Is been a good run. The sad part is right now I'm hoping that they'll put in a show similar to the Golden Horseshoe, but I know if I hope for this I will just get disappointed.
    Yes. I'd love for them to put in a show with the same concept at GHS as well, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

What the...?!

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Hope this isn't becoming a trend, first Minnies Fly Girls is cut now this, hopefully something replaces it.
    I know, right?!

• Closed Account

Queen Meg's hatred of in park ent. continues.

• Seeker of Fun

Stupid Disneyland. This is a first rate show, that even my young kids love. What a disappointment. (insert crappy new show here)
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Seeker of Fun

Re: Billy's going to end, foreever. on the Disney blog.

Stupid Disneyland!!!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Minion

Guys, just because the show is going away doesn't mean something very entertaining and fun isn't going to replace it. Let's wait and see.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Say it ain't so. I want to see them one last time…and in the Golden Horseshoe!
    My family and I never miss seeing the Billies when we go to the park. My fondest memories of the Billies were when they were rockin the Golden Horseshoe and I wish I could see them perform there one last time.

• Artistic integrity

How did this show compare to the original Golden Horsehoe Review show with Betty Taylor and Wally Boag?
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Closed Account

It didn't, but it was something. It was just in the wrong building.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Billy's going to end, foreever. on the Disney blog.

Wow! That will leave a HUGE entertainment void in Frontierland!

Unfortunately, the "Laughing Stock" skits have worn out their welcome, and LONG overdue for updates and changes, HOWEVER the Billies have remained consistantly funny and appealed to a larger group of Disney guests. In choosing what entertainment to keep, Disney management has made the WRONG decision.

From a Billie point of view, You might almost wonder if the Billies were the ones to say saionara, OR if DL was the one to force the Billies into that position. Consider the crappy way DL treated the Billies over the past year or two:

1) they cut the number of the groups performances by dropping one of the Billie crews.
    2) they forced the Billies to shorten their show length, and shortchanged the guests at the same time.
    3) they exiled the Billies from playing to full houses inside the Golden Horseshoe to play on an outdoor stage, where guests could no longer find them in an area way beyond even the petting zoo and an outrageously overpriced BBQ food location.

Ironically, some of the Billies last shows were played alongside at least 4 members of another Country themed music show, that was also placed in exile, (under what was indisputably the worst DL Management team in DL History) a dozen years ago, Our good ol' bear buddies from Country Bear Jamboree.

Billies, although I was not one of you biggest fans, I certainly enjoyed all the great and fun entertainment you added to The Golden Horseshoe. It's so sad to see Disneyland treat you as bad as the Country Bears and their Playhouse!

I wish all of the Billies the very best. Hopefully we will soon be able to enjoy longer versions of your show at a certain Farm, just up the road a ways, or some other nearby location.

Frontierland has practically died, and not even Big Thunder re-opening this Spring would be enough to breath life back into this ghost town.

DL MANAGEMENT, you BETTER HAVE SOME GIANT PLANS READY NOW! TO RESUSCITATE FRONTIERLAND!

Unfortunately, with the former head of Disney's Alien Kingdom, now in charge of Disneyland, I don't have much hope for a Large NEW Project for Frontierland. Sadly, I think they have already completed the Tombstone for Frontierland

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast