Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New Olaf animatronic at the Frozen Meet-and-Greet

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    Is Merida still back near It's A Small World? And did Rapunzel join the line up of princesses?

I loved Rapunzel's meet and greet; but thrilled my daughter will be able to meet Anna & Elsa in a private room!

Countdown is on for DL & DCA next month!
    Yes Merida is still by Small World and Rapunzel was out by the bridge to fantasy fair when I was there a couple days ago.

• Banned User

Smile Re: New Olaf animatronic at the Frozen Meet-and-Greet

Quote Originally Posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
    That looks really sweet and I cant wait to get a chance and take pictures of this! Also this definately confirms something that I really wish they would atleast do for the rest of Fantasyland and that is that I really wish that they would extend the fake snow on the buildings from the castle over all of the buildings in fantasyland during Christmastime. I always thought it would seem more magical to just have the snow on the rooftops around that land maybe even add some internal lighting to them to have it give off a light glow at night. I should try and photoshop something like it if I get the chance!
    Great idea!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

How is this figure...so much better then the Figaro one? This one wont be around in 6 months....man disney is weird sonetimes

Anyway I'd love it...if say he was brought back every and places in maybe FF area or something

That's so cool! I hope that I can see soon in person . Is this going to be for a limited time? Cuz I could see the meet and greet "becoming permanent", well as permanent as meet and greets are, if it garners enough popularity

• Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

This is great! Nice to see that there are still chances for Imagineers to bring us some of the Disney Magic from time to time. This one they got right!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

I know nothing about the movie that is coming out, but the animatronic is certainly cute and he moves well.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

That is hilarious!! Good idea to have him sleeping when the Anna and Elsa aren't in their cottage! I wonder if he has an on and off switch, LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    Is Merida still back near It's A Small World? And did Rapunzel join the line up of princesses?

I loved Rapunzel's meet and greet; but thrilled my daughter will be able to meet Anna & Elsa in a private room!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    Yes Merida is still by Small World and Rapunzel was out by the bridge to fantasy fair when I was there a couple days ago.
    On occassions when they are running low on Princesses, Rapunzel will be in the Hall. Otherwise, she will meet outside once her shows are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
    Also this definately confirms something that I really wish they would atleast do for the rest of Fantasyland and that is that I really wish that they would extend the fake snow on the buildings from the castle over all of the buildings in fantasyland during Christmastime. I always thought it would seem more magical to just have the snow on the rooftops around that land maybe even add some internal lighting to them to have it give off a light glow at night. I should try and photoshop something like it if I get the chance!
    They should! It just looks odd that the Castle has soon and also the cottage, and nothing else. It just looks incomplete! They should at least connect it!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Monorail Junkie

That is very cool. Thank you for sharing

• King Nzinga Mbemba

I think they should get a new Figaro animatronic, since the one they have now was broken in the FIRST MONTH they had it. Olaf is so life-like for being a temporary animatronic for a small overlay! Impressive!

Not very much talking, but the rest is great!

• "What? What?"

A few things...

I LOVE IT! I feel like they really understand what people want to see. I am very glad they spaced out his sayings. It's so annoying to hear things on loop. You'd have to stand out there a good amount of time to hear repeats.

Is it just me? Animitronics outside are sooo much more magical! I think it's seeing them in the "real world" and not a theatrical setting/lighting that just make them so magical. I love it! hope more appear. (All though they seem to have a lot of trouble with Figaro and the Seaguls.

Parents: How are your kids responding to Frozen and their characters so far (since the movie hasn't come out yet)? I hope this has a good reception. I feel like this movie could lend it's self to a dark ride maybe replacing a current one. It would be fun and "fantasy-like" for one of the facades to be Frozen over with an Adventure of Olaf. (Maybe the animatronic is the wishful thinking)

I miss the Brave bears!

The fact that popped this animatronic out of their workshop so quickly and well done, makes me more irritated that a new animatronic has not been added to Haunted Mansion Holiday. I want to see the Mayor or Sally!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

OMG. When I saw a picture of him perched on the roof I thought, "Oh cool, they added an Olaf figure, that's nice." This is SO MUCH COOLER!!! He looks and moves perfectly! I can't wait to see him talk (and snore) in person!

And guys, it's true that Disney says this is only a temporary offering, but Rapunzel's meet and greet was too, and it stuck around for years. If it wasn't for the new Fantasy Faire area where Rapunzel gets her own show and post meet and greet there with Eugene, we might have not gotten this at all. I feel confident that Frozen is going to do very well and that kids are going to love the film and the characters.

I'll never forget seeing the first American trailer in theaters when I went to see Monsters University. They played the Frozen trailer featuring Olaf and Sven, and everyone in the theater of all ages was laughing at the gags. Just after that they played the trailer for Planes, and the audience was dead silent. While I had criticized Disney for giving other countries a fuller trailer that actually explained some of the story and showed the main characters while we just got the gimmicky sidekicks, after seeing audience response, I think they were smart. The adults and the little girls are going to love the film right away...I think their fear has been convincing the little boys to see it. American boys are trained to fear anything that appears to be feminine in any way or feature females as main characters. It's a shame, but it's how our culture works. Showing Olaf and Sven early establishes an interest for boys that may otherwise try to write off this upcoming film as something that will not interest them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12