Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    • DisneyFreak
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Colton, Ca
    Posts
    29

    Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Greetings!!

    So I have decided to take advantage of the 25% off of Disney Hotels offer and book a room for my boyfriend and I at the Disneyland Hotel. Now, I have never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel itself, however, I have stayed at the other two locations. We will be reserving a concierge resort view room--has one reserved such a room, and, if so, how was it?? Pictures??

    Thanks!!
    xxxAngel

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by AAyala View Post
    Greetings!!

    So I have decided to take advantage of the 25% off of Disney Hotels offer and book a room for my boyfriend and I at the Disneyland Hotel. Now, I have never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel itself, however, I have stayed at the other two locations. We will be reserving a concierge resort view room--has one reserved such a room, and, if so, how was it?? Pictures??

    Thanks!!
    The room is about the same as every other room, except you will usually be in the Adventure Tower, floors 9-11.



    Fireworks from the room (tv has the soundtrack)

    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  3. #3

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    86

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Same as above - same as the rest most likely. Are you getting E-Ticket Club in addition?

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by kkocka View Post
    Same as above - same as the rest most likely. Are you getting E-Ticket Club in addition?
    They said they booked concierge, so that comes with the E-Ticket Club.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  5. #5

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,098

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    The room at concierge level is the same, as others have said (although it might come with nicer toiletries, towels, bedsheets, etc.). It's the access to the concierge lounge that you are paying for. I was lucky enough to stay in a concierge level room at the Grand Californian, and they have some really nice things to offer in their lounge. They have a really good breakfast spread with hot scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, etc. along with the typical cereal, muffins, and the like. They have some pretty good snacks and drinks set out during the day. Mostly it's a nice refuge to get away from the crowds, and it also makes you feel like a VIP.

    Oh, also, the first time you get in the elevator, it probably has a key-card slot that you have to put your room key in to get the elevator to even go to that level.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  6. #6

    • DisneyFreak
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Colton, Ca
    Posts
    29

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Thanks for the replies and photos!

    On more thing, has anyone ordered Disney birthday cakes? Apparently there is a way to but a) I don't know how and b) I haven't seen a price/flavor list.
    xxxAngel

  7. #7

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,098

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Call the concierge, that's one of the things they are there for. Get your money's worth!!!
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    137

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by AAyala View Post
    On more thing, has anyone ordered Disney birthday cakes? Apparently there is a way to but a) I don't know how and b) I haven't seen a price/flavor list.
    For info on ordering cakes, call Disney at (714) 300-7526, then choose option 2. Mickey Mouse cakes are $62 for a 10" cake. They also have other cakes that start at $39 for a 6" cake. Ask them for a price list for their cakes and other amenities such as Mickey Mouse cookies, baskets, etc.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    207

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Call the concierge, that's one of the things they are there for. Get your money's worth!!!
    Just verify that you wont get hit with a bigger bill because they did it for you instead of you doing it yourself. Lord knows Disney loves to add automatic gratuities to everything they can.

  10. #10

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    376

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
    For info on ordering cakes, call Disney at (714) 300-7526, then choose option 2. Mickey Mouse cakes are $62 for a 10" cake. They also have other cakes that start at $39 for a 6" cake. Ask them for a price list for their cakes and other amenities such as Mickey Mouse cookies, baskets, etc.
    Or drive up the road to Fullerton and buy a Costco cake for $14 ; )

  11. #11

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    86

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Or drive up the road to Fullerton and buy a Costco cake for $14 ; )
    Once you have a cake made at the resort (based off my wedding cake, anyway) you will never make that suggestion.

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    They have a really good breakfast spread with hot scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, etc.
    How long ago did they have this? They haven;t had this the times I have been there. Generally it is hard boiled eggs, various breads, cereals, fruits, ham and cheeses, etc... I have never seen scrambled eggs and bacon.

    Oh, also, the first time you get in the elevator, it probably has a key-card slot that you have to put your room key in to get the elevator to even go to that level.
    This too must have changed as we only needed are key to enter the club, not to get to the floor.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by AAyala View Post
    Thanks for the replies and photos!

    On more thing, has anyone ordered Disney birthday cakes? Apparently there is a way to but a) I don't know how and b) I haven't seen a price/flavor list.
    Cake Offerings
    Here are the choices for ordering a cake… * Cakes require 72 hours notice. *

    Mickey Mouse / Minnie Mouse Cake
    Cake flavor
    • Vanilla
    • Chocolate
    Size
    • 10” round ‐ serves 8‐10 Guests. Price: $62

    Disney Princess Cakes
    The Princess Cakes are available with one of the following: Belle, Aurora or Cinderella
    Cake Flavor
    • Vanilla
    • Chocolate
    • Red Velvet (cream cheese filling / vanilla butter cream frosting)
    • Carrot Cake (cream cheese filling / vanilla butter cream frosting)
    Cake Filling
    • Vanilla Custard
    • Whipped Cream
    • White Chocolate Mousse
    • Dark Chocolate Mousse
    • Chocolate Ganache
    Cake Frosting
    • Whipped Cream
    • Vanilla Butter Cream
    Size
    • 6” Round Cake - serves 6 Guests. Price: $39
    • 10” Round Cake ‐ serves 8‐10 Guests. Price: $62
    • Sheet Cake - serves 20 Guests. Price: $80
    • Sheet Cake - serves 40 Guests. Price: $110

    Classic Cake
    Cake Flavor
    • Vanilla
    • Chocolate
    • Red Velvet (cream cheese filling / vanilla butter cream frosting)
    • Carrot Cake (cream cheese filling/ vanilla butter cream frosting)
    Cake Filling
    • Vanilla Custard
    • Whipped Cream
    • White Chocolate Mousse
    • Dark Chocolate Mousse
    • Chocolate Ganache
    Cake Frosting
    • Whipped Cream
    • Vanilla Butter Cream
    • Chocolate Ganache
    • Chocolate Mousse
    Size
    • 6” Round Cake- serves 6 Guests. Price: $39
    • 10” Round Cake ‐ serves 8‐10 Guests. Price: $62
    • Sheet Cake - serves 20 Guests. Price: $80
    • Sheet Cake - serves 40 Guests. Price: $110
    • Full Sheet Cake - serves 80 Guests. Price: $158
    Character Images – 1 image is included in price. Each additional image is $12 each.
    (1 image for 6” or 10” cakes , up to 2 for sheet, up to 3 for and full sheet cakes)
    • Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto
    • Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Lightning McQueen, Jack Skellington
    • TinkerBell, Ariel, Tiana

    This was one of our favs. Cake was SO good.



    Last edited by Malcon10t; 11-08-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  14. #14

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,098

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    How long ago did they have this? They haven;t had this the times I have been there. Generally it is hard boiled eggs, various breads, cereals, fruits, ham and cheeses, etc... I have never seen scrambled eggs and bacon.

    This too must have changed as we only needed are key to enter the club, not to get to the floor.
    It was a few years after it opened, 2003 I think. Things definitely might have changed since then, but considering the prices that the Grand Californian charges I'd be dissapointed if they're cutting back on anything.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,381

    Re: Disneyland Hotel Concierge Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    It was a few years after it opened, 2003 I think. Things definitely might have changed since then, but considering the prices that the Grand Californian charges I'd be dissapointed if they're cutting back on anything.
    When we stayed there last, (June) it was as I listed above. The Concierge rooms are on the 5-6 floors. No key is needed in the elevator to reach the 6th floor with the Craftsman's Lounge. We didn't stay there the first couple years it was open, but I know they haven't had scrambled eggs since at least 2006. The Craftsman Lounge is quite nice. If I take my granddaughter, we might prefer it, as they have storytellers in the lounge. However, we prefer the DLH with her as she enjoys the characters so much.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Disneyland Hotel Question
    By GoldenBoySC99 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
  2. Disneyland Hotel Concierge Level?
    By Frankly Franky in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 08:06 AM
  3. Disneyland Hotel/Ticket Question
    By Leofoenget in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 07:31 PM
  4. Disneyland Hotel Concierge Service
    By JoeCool in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2005, 11:02 AM
  5. Disneyland Hotel Room Question
    By goofygia in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 12:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •