Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

DL Candlelight Processional

What's up with Disneyland, and the 2013 Candlelight Processional?

The Disneyworld schedule has been out since July - yet the Disneyland schedule remains shrouded in mystery.

The event, which is scheduled for December 7th and 8th, does not appear on their website, and when I contacted Disney to inquire about it, they told me that they would not be commenting on it, at this time.

This event is (apparently) a month away... what's up Disney? Why won't you come out with anything official, regarding the CL Processional?

• Minion

Re: DL Candlelight Processional

Quote Originally Posted by 123jimmydee View Post

The Disneyworld schedule has been out since July - yet the Disneyland schedule remains shrouded in mystery.

The event, which is scheduled for December 7th and 8th, does not appear on their website, and when I contacted Disney to inquire about it, they told me that they would not be commenting on it, at this time.

This event is (apparently) a month away... what's up Disney? Why won't you come out with anything official, regarding the CL Processional?
    Because it is traditional that the announce mid-November.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

I found this at
    https://disneyland.disney.go.com/sea...uggestedQuery=

"Details regarding a possible Candlelight Processional performance open to the public haven’t been announced as of now, but keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog as December approaches. It’s often the first place big announcements like that are made."

It is from Oct 25th.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Because it is traditional that the announce mid-November.
    Thanks... I wasn't aware of that.

I wonder why they (Disneyland) didn't just say that, when I contacted them?

It was like some big secret, that they weren't allowed to tell... kinda caught me off guard, and got me wondering (which prompted my original post).

Since Candlelight is not a entertainment event performed for regular guests, I don't think it is usually listed on Disneyland's online schedule. The dates and narrator's have been announced to those selected to perform in the program. If you poke around on some of the fan sites, you may find the information posted. If there is to be a possible "public performance", I'd expect that to be announced via the Parks Blog or on the AP site.

Quote Originally Posted by 123jimmydee View Post

When I called back in early October asking about ticket & AP info, I mentioned how I wanted to see CLP again this year but wasn't sure of the dates as I had to plan for time off from work. The CM happily told me the "prospective" dates were Dec 7th & 8th but they were not 100% confirmed yet.

So maybe since it's not written is stone yet is why you were told no comment. Traditionally, before last years "20 nights" fiasco, it was held the 1st weekend in Dec.

I mentioned to the CM that I wish we had a dinner package like WDW does, as I'd be willing to pay for guaranteed reserved seats & she said they're working on something but doesn't know what or when that would be.

I do know that I get surveys from DL after each of my visits & I always include a comment/suggestion about that. Maybe of enough of us do that, they might actually listen.

I already asked for the nights off to go this year as last year was my 1st time ever seeing it (got seats in that lottery & ended up with Molly Ringwald, she was great) It was so beautiful. Absolutely perfect. I cried. Now I just need a buddy to go with this year.
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Since Candlelight is not a entertainment event performed for regular guests, I don't think it is usually listed on Disneyland's online schedule. The dates and narrator's have been announced to those selected to perform in the program. If you poke around on some of the fan sites, you may find the information posted. If there is to be a possible "public performance", I'd expect that to be announced via the Parks Blog or on the AP site.

This is a "public performance"...

I'd agree, in the sense that only a privileged few get a proper seating assignment, but it is still very much a public performance. I mean, it takes-up the entire area behind the main street train station. The public can't miss it... unless they spend the evening in Toontown.

My question is; "why the secrecy by Disneyland?" Given the fact that the exact same event in Disneyworld has been posted on their site since July, along with event dates and narrators.

As of today, this event is 3 weeks away, and I just called Disneyland again, and they said that; 'they aren't commenting on it... or releasing any details'.

• Minion

Unofficially announced thru Long Beach Post:

"This year Disneyland returns to the two night tradition on December 7th and 8th and features orators Blair Underwood and for a third season is none other than Kurt Russell. Mr. Russell is now the second Disney legend to preform three times, along with Dick Van Dyke."
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Not on the Jedi Council

20 nights might have been too much, but 2 nights might be too few.

I was just checking the forums on this because they tend to sneak out the announcements. What does the poster above mean about public performances? There will be no opportunity for us to see it this year?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by QuiGonJ View Post
    20 nights might have been too much, but 2 nights might be too few.

I was just checking the forums on this because they tend to sneak out the announcements. What does the poster above mean about public performances? There will be no opportunity for us to see it this year?
    It will be the same as the past years.

• Not on the Jedi Council

As one who is not sure of the past years' policies, how will it work?

• the rockawho?

not sure how it will work this year...

last year

i believe two nights were for special invites only..

the rest were only for annual pass holders ...it was a lottery....

i was able to see kurt russell last year....sat close to the front row...it was a great experience...

i read somewhere that they decided to cut it back to two nights due to last years fiasco...it affected sales on main street greatly...

• Disney friends are #1

I actually enjoyed last year's "fiasco". The event was orderly and fair (if you were an AP holder). I agree that 2 nights is too few for an event like this. 20 nights might be too much BUT it was nice that so many got to attend. I too am frustrated that Disney waits until the last possible minute before announcing details. If a fancy dinner is required in order to receive tickets, then Disney needs to give us adequate time to prepare and budget this out. It's frustrating when you're on a strict budget BUT want to still participate in something special for the holidays and Disney won't give you the info you need in order to plan it out. This is one area where WDW runs circles around DLR. Anything planned at WDW is always announced and finalized months before it happens. At Disneyland, you're lucky if you get 2 weeks!
    One Special Friend is All it Takes to Get You Through a Bad Day. And One Good One is Better Than a Dozen Casual Ones

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    I actually enjoyed last year's "fiasco". The event was orderly and fair (if you were an AP holder). I agree that 2 nights is too few for an event like this. 20 nights might be too much BUT it was nice that so many got to attend. I too am frustrated that Disney waits until the last possible minute before announcing details. If a fancy dinner is required in order to receive tickets, then Disney needs to give us adequate time to prepare and budget this out. It's frustrating when you're on a strict budget BUT want to still participate in something special for the holidays and Disney won't give you the info you need in order to plan it out. This is one area where WDW runs circles around DLR. Anything planned at WDW is always announced and finalized months before it happens. At Disneyland, you're lucky if you get 2 weeks!

I don't know why they went back to 2. Shouldn't they have tried 10 instead?

There are plenty of people to sell out meals, and AP contests. However it would be nice to have some notice so word could get around for a while before selling and selling out events.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I find it a bit odd that this event is 16 days away and still no mention of it on the park schedule. I will be at the park that weekend and if it's possible to get a dining package, I absolutely will. I've heard it is an incredibly experiance and considering this is my 1st time to Disney for the Holidays, it would be a great addition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast