Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Special Agent

Re: Bob Iger confirms more Star Wars for Disney parks

Putting Star Wars anywhere but Tomorrowland just leaves us with a broken Tomorrowland. Makes sense to kill two birds with one stone.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Putting Star Wars anywhere but Tomorrowland just leaves us with a broken Tomorrowland. Makes sense to kill two birds with one stone.
    Disney is the antonym of penury.....I am sure they can afford two stones.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    That would be just as bad as replacing Tomorrowland with Star Wars. Star Wars should have it's own land in an area that is theme appropriate, not replace an existing land.
    Star Wars land doesn't need to be in Tomorrowland. They can carve out the section and call it Star Wars Land in the same way New Orleans Square is no longer in Frontierland.

• Artistic integrity

Lets be clear - There is a word called "proposal" .. which is what he's making. Until we see something in mid construction (not just cleared land, or just starting) ... it's not really CONFIRMED in my opinion.

"Putting Star Wars anywhere but Tomorrowland just leaves us with a broken Tomorrowland."

Putting Star Wars in Tomorrowland, does leave us with a broken Tomorrowland.

The sky isn't falling on the imagination regarding futurism. Why some think futurism is dead .. is just beyond me.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Jar Jar's Country Tribute to Marvel at the Golden Horseshoe! (Show free with $37.99 hot dog dinner!)
    Can't wait for those hilarious Ewok "can't can't" dancers!
    Please, the Golden Horseshoe would be transformed into the Cantina, they'd revive Wally Boag's old Pecos Bill routine and transform it into something with Han Solo so that he can shoot first, and the can-can dancers would be Twi'leks to create a steady flow of money from Star Wars nerds.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Seeker of Fun

I have a feeling that it will turn into Star Wars land. They spent that kind of cash for multiple reasons, and having a heavy presence in the parks is a major one.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I have a feeling that it will turn into Star Wars land. They spent that kind of cash for multiple reasons, and having a heavy presence in the parks is a major one.
    I have a feeling they will to, but I hope like he** that I'm wrong.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Tomorrow Land has nothing to do with futurism or introducing people to futuristic concepts anymore.

It's simply too hard of a target to keep following. What would be futuristic today? Time travel? Nano-medicine? Ecological catastrophes and the tools we have to control the weather?

I would love to see the optimism of early 80s EPCOT applied to Tomorrow Land. But even if they did do that it'll still become outdated and cheesy within a decade.

If they re-theme the whole land to Space, Technology, and/or Star Wars, it solves many of thematic problems of futurism.

Even then, people are already going into space as tourists, and we're all walking around with super computers in our pockets.

Screw it, just call it PixarMarvelLucasville and be done with it

If Disney puts Star Wars in Tomorrowland, it will be the busiest land in the park. People don't care whether Tomorrowland sticks to Walt's vision. They care about being entertained.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Cool, can't wait to see some more information and concepts.

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Iger didn't say anything specific whatsoever, all alluded to was that Disney has stuff in the works for a stronger Star Wars presence at DLR and WDW. The Stars Wars takeover of Tomorrowland that so many of us fear may not even happen...his reference to Anaheim could be for the 3rd gate, while his reference to Orlando is likely for DHS.

Having said that, I'm just glad to hear from the head of the company that new stuff IS coming. Up until this point it's all been assumptions based on rumors, etc we read here on MiceChat and secondhand info we get from similar un-official Disney sites.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Having said that, I'm just glad to hear from the head of the company that new stuff IS coming. Up until this point it's all been assumptions based on rumors, etc we read here on MiceChat and secondhand info we get from similar un-official Disney sites.
    Well they did have that Orange Harvest display deal. So something disneyparks was offically confirmed

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Quote Originally Posted by Rogermeyers View Post
    Well they did have that Orange Harvest display deal. So something disneyparks was offically confirmed
    Yeah but like alot of other stuff at that D23 pavilion, it was a vague reference to Star Wars, in many ways it was like just saying, "hey, we own Star Wars now, and we got R2-D2 shipped to us." Having the CEO of the entire company say what he said is a lot more legit to me.

• Sock Puppet

Did you think they would NEVER add a new attraction? The problem is how many years in between anything new. We are looking at 5-7 years between CARSLAND and anything new. That is INSANE!!! It's not a question of being a spoiled tourist, but when you plan a Disney vacation once every few years and drop 7-10 grand for my family, we need something new because even 1 single new attraction makes the whole place feel fresh and exciting. I always prefer DL, but they won't be getting my vacation dollars anymore. It is the only major Theme Park Resort in the US with nothing new coming between now and 2016.
    I know, your going to ask how do I know nothing is coming. Well, because nothing is under construction and nothing is scheduled to close anytime in the near future which would have to be the case to make that deadline.
    I'm still not sure what happened to the whole Monstropolis rumor. O e thing I am sure is that construction is not underway, as was rumored by insiders, and no announcement took place in October, as was rumored to happen. Look how long after attraction announcements have happened, that we actually see construction begin. Avatar for AK and CARSLAND for DCA took at least 5 years. DLR is I'm for a serious dry spell and they will lose all the gains they made with big spending destination tourists. I know they are losing mine.

• Senior Minion

What he said was about as vague as he could possibly be. It made me think that they are still a long way off from being willing to actually spend the money. I don't think they'll even start construction on anything until at least early 2016. By then the big spending on Avatar and Shanghai will be over and they can put some money into Star Wars. So it wouldn't open until 2018 or possibly even 2019. The timeline of when they're going to be willing to spend the money make it a little more possible that the plans could still get shifted to the third gate. It will be interesting to see how they tackle getting more Star Wars in the parks because it doesn't sound like they're sure yet. I also wonder if they'll find some money for something for DCA as it seems like it could use and support more growth.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast