• Minion

Post New interactive game for Winter Dreams

Thirty minutes before each Winter Dreams showing, guests will be able to play a Simon Says-type game with the Fun Wheel. The Wheel will display a series of colors, and guests will have to match the colors on their phones. Whoever can consistently get the colors right and whoever can do it the fastest will be able to control the colors during the show.

MouseInfo.com - FUN WHEEL CHALLENGE will bring free wifi and interactive color matching game for WORLD OF COLOR - WINTER DREAMS
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Re: New interactive game for Winter Dreams

This sounds like tons of fun, but it's pretty telling of how integrated (or not) the colors on the wheel are. I'd rather the game just be a game. Possibly with a button or something given out.

• Not the Hawkguy

I think I saw them testing this this past week. Or at least I assume so, because the Sun Wheel was borderline-schizophrenic in changing colors.

• Minion

Now confirmed on DPB:

Disney California Adventure Park Guests Control the Action with the Fun Wheel Challenge « Disney Parks Blog

I wonder if they thought about the countless phones that will either be dead or have low batteries by nighttime?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Singing Drinker

I'm wondering how long until someone manages to find a way to do something someone else will find offensive or obscene with the light patterns.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Now confirmed on DPB:

Disney California Adventure Park Guests Control the Action with the Fun Wheel Challenge « Disney Parks Blog

I wonder if they thought about the countless phones that will either be dead or have low batteries by nighttime?
    If you have any kind of smartphone you should invest in a rechargeable case for it. I have one for my iphone and I never have to worry about it totally dying while in the parks for 12+ hours.

I went to see World of color on Monday and the game was up and running. I played it on my phone and it was actually a great way to pass the time. The cast members were really into it and advertising it and a lot of people were participating. The fun wheel would have a color sequence and you would have to remember which order the lights flashed in. One problem I had was that my phone loaded the interface slightly slower than others which gave them more points for a time bonus. My friend was playing on his brand new Galaxy Note 3 right next to me and it would load faster on his device which gave him more points. Nevertheless, it is an interesting idea and the guests seem to have really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I'm wondering how long until someone manages to find a way to do something someone else will find offensive or obscene with the light patterns.
    I'm curious how one would manage to make obscene gestures with light patterns.... maybe yellow green blue contains some hidden meaning? And you can only control the lights for a pretty short duration of time.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

They were showing the tec off at D23 Expo. I was lucky to test the system but I have to say it will probably lag in real time on site due to the size of the audience.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Guests will not be able to control the lights during the show. They have choice of 4 effects on their phone that they can choose, giving the winner about 30 seconds of control. I was able to test this out for myself and I won once, its SOO exciting to win it!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Sounds like countless people that are spending way too much time on their phones or have inferior phones with low battery life. Even checking the Dodger score on my phone and letting ESPN do automatic updates, I have never had an issue with battery life. If it is that much of an issue, there are recharging stations available.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Former ODV/SE CM

Quote Originally Posted by Serendie View Post
    If you have any kind of smartphone you should invest in a rechargeable case for it. I have one for my iphone and I never have to worry about it totally dying while in the parks for 12+ hours.
    I have a Mophie rechargeable case and I love it.
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

Quote Originally Posted by churros9 View Post
    I have a Mophie rechargeable case and I love it.
    Same as what I have. I just upgraded to the 5S this month from the 4S so I had to purchase a new mophie case, and decided to opt for the mophie plus this time. It's the best thing any smartphone user can buy for their phone. Especially if you tend to be on it for any length of time.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Sounds like countless people that are spending way too much time on their phones or have inferior phones with low battery life. Even checking the Dodger score on my phone and letting ESPN do automatic updates, I have never had an issue with battery life. If it is that much of an issue, there are recharging stations available.
    If your stuck going during peak crowds those lines get pretty long. That being said even when using the phone to play games, when in airplane mode doesn't suck up much battery. However when I'm there from 7am to midnight, my phone does need some help. That's where the case with battery comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post

If someone get's offended by light patterns...
    They need to re-evaluate their life. I understand there are people who are ultra sensitive towards anything, but getting offended by light patterns?
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-14-2013 at 03:43 PM.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror