View Poll Results: What do you think of the Jingle Cruise?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's a fine addition to Disneyland's Seasonal Offerings

21 60.00%
  • I don't care / have no input

7 20.00%
  • It sucks! Hmph!

7 20.00%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

• Foolish Mortal

Re: Jingle Cruise sucks(?)

I still haven't been on it yet, hoping to do so later this Friday night!

• #bringevilback

I went in this today and enjoyed the addition of the decorations to the camp, as well as having Ginger back (who has a skipper hat in her mouth). There were more Christmassy jokes throughout (even a haunakkah one...piranha-ka!) and maybe it was just the skipper, who was fantastic, but that's the best one I've been on in a LONG time!

"Ahh, Piranha-ka, festival of bites."

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    BTW, I changed the title of this thread because it's been bothering me from the get go. It doesn't suck. Disappointing? To some, very much so. I think it's a fine seasonal change. Nothing more.

Hello! I'm the OP. I don't have any strong opinions regarding the name change of my thread, but I'm surprised - this is the first time a mod has changed it because it bothered him- or had its contents changed to a poll.

Is this a normal thing around here?

Again, no big deal. I just found it strange.
    Last edited by fjhuerta; 12-12-2013 at 06:41 AM.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post

Mods do change things and add polls from time to time. That said I am a bit surprised that a review was revised to a question with poll. The initial post wasn't a question it was a statement and the discussion grew from that statement.

I like the poll. I like seeing what the general MC population thinks. I'm just not sure if this was the best fit for it.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

Well I don't want to step on any toes here but I don't think it's right for a mod to change the title of someone's thread just because they don't agree with the opinion. Last I checked, opinions are not against the rules, even harsh ones.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Hello! I'm the OP. I don't have any strong opinions regarding the name change of my thread, but I'm surprised - this is the first time a mod has changed the name of my thread because it bothered a mod - or had its contents changed to a poll.

We change things from time to time to encourage a more open discussion. By adding a question mark to the thread, it allows members to chime in about the discussion by answering a question rather defending it. (does that make sense?)

Hence why I added a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Well I don't want to step on any toes here but I don't think it's right for a mod to change the title of someone's thread just because they don't agree with the opinion. Last I checked, opinions are not against the rules, even harsh ones.
    I didn't change it because I don't agree with the OP's opinion but rather adjusted it slightly so it's not so negative of a subject title. I didn't try to change his mind nor attack him for it. Just adding my thoughts and encouraging others to do the same.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The issue with polls is "Are enough options given to reflect what public opinion could be. Most Movie polls here are given 5 choices. This poll only gives us 3 options. And with several people chiming in previously, One major category is missing, a choice somewhere in between "Sucks" and "I don't care/no opinion". I would say it is an "Underwhelming Attempt" It's like they set up the Christmas tree, but forgot to put the lights and decorations on it. SO many more things could be done. Why no attempt at a Jungle Christmas Tree By Trade Sam and little Ellie. And the Hippo pool is so large - how about a "Jungle mirage" of a few penguins on a floating iceberg?!?!?!?

Re: Jingle Cruise sucks.

Thank you! I can't stand the Haunted Mansion Holiday. I don't hate Tim Burton; I can't stand TNBC.

The recurring complaint I keep hearing is… it needs to be more; they didn’t go far enough; the bean counters strike again.

The reality is that the overlay is very appropriate for the time period and locations represented in the Jungle Cruise story line.
    In today’s consumerism society we overindulge on holiday decorations and light every last square inch possible, that wasn’t necessarily the case back in the early 1930’s, and it definitely wasn’t (isn’t) the case in the remote river regions of Africa, Asia, or South America.

The Jungle Cruise represents adventurers exploring remote regions of 1930’s Africa, Asia, and South America where supplies were limited, and access to western comforts were almost non-existent. The skippers made decorations out of the items they had available to them.

Much like our soldiers stationed in the Middle East and other remote locations. They want to have that holiday feeling of home with them, but the Paktika convent stores are limited on their supply of plastic Santa’s and Christmas lights. While decorations are present is US foreign military instillations, they are limited in scope like those portrayed in the Jingle Cruise.

In actually they may have gone too far with this overlay providing modern colored light strings that wouldn’t have been available to the remote adventurers of the 1930’s.

•   
    • Banned User

Re: Jingle Cruise sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    There is a program in place for Skippers to submit their own jokes. They "sign over" all rights to the material and it goes through the inner workings and might get approved by WDI. It's a lengthy process.
    I know you posted this a month ago but when I came back to this thread today and re-read it I immediately got this mental image. Some skip writes a great joke, delivers it with enthusiasm and it works. It's written down, goes up the chain of command and ends up in some office where a suit reads it with all the delivery of Alan Rickman reading out of a phone book he deeply hates having to look at. I think I get why adding to the script is so hard.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The issue with polls is "Are enough options given to reflect what public opinion could be. Most Movie polls here are given 5 choices. This poll only gives us 3 options. And with several people chiming in previously, One major category is missing, a choice somewhere in between "Sucks" and "I don't care/no opinion". I would say it is an "Underwhelming Attempt" It's like they set up the Christmas tree, but forgot to put the lights and decorations on it. SO many more things could be done. Why no attempt at a Jungle Christmas Tree By Trade Sam and little Ellie. And the Hippo pool is so large - how about a "Jungle mirage" of a few penguins on a floating iceberg?!?!?!?

Funny I have a different take I usually like less options as it forces people to actually form a opinion. Either you like it or not or don't care. Adding option 2 and 4 just creates a grey area. Just my opinion.

• Disneyland History Lover

My fiance and I tried out Jingle Cruise last Friday. I think the mild overlay in the queue was quite nice, but after going thru the ride I think we were a bit underwhelmed. The difference between Jingle Cruise and Jungle Cruise was very, very minimal and probably not worth the 20 or so minute wait we endured in that cramped queue. If it had just retained the name Jungle Cruise and they went ahead with the Christmas decorations and two or three holiday jokes we heard, then I think it'd be more acceptable. But renaming the thing sort of gives way for higher expectations.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Funny I have a different take I usually like less options as it forces people to actually form a opinion. Either you like it or not or don't care. Adding option 2 and 4 just creates a grey area. Just my opinion.
    COMPLETELY disagree with you. Giving less choices only means the poll is less accurate. And it doesn't "FORCE" people to form an opinion. I already HAVE an Opinion, the poll does NOT reflect MY opinion.

With your logic, there should not be a "No opinion" option either, and THAT CERTAINLY doesn't "FORCE" people to decide. No opinion is the MOST Gray area!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I debated on the other possible responses for the poll but in the end opted for a simpler poll.
    As an overlay in its first year, I KNOW that it isn't finished. I really don't need those supplemental options because it's a given that it should have been more. It wasn't meant to be scientific... just "are you ok with it?" or "hate it". and I appreciate the OP not being too upset about the additions.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast