View Poll Results: What do you think of the Jingle Cruise?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it's a fine addition to Disneyland's Seasonal Offerings

21 60.00%
  • I don't care / have no input

7 20.00%
  • It sucks! Hmph!

7 20.00%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Jingle Cruise sucks.

Sounds to me like a "Disney Parks" disaster. WDW management wanted to do it, marketing got on board making national advertisements, and then made DL's JC do it.
    Tail (WDW) wagging the dog (DL), imo.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I originally wrote:

Personally, I think it would have been fun to temporary add a holiday scene with a polar bear, seals and a few penguins. Even Marc Davis had dreamed up a idea for an Enchanted Snow Palace, and I bet some of that would translate to a fun "winter" scene, that "Santa gave as a winter gift to the Jungle Cruise Skippers", so even they could have a White Christmas!
    Chesirecat replied:
    It's not a horrible idea at all. A big issue is that the Jungle Cruise has a lot of foliage that is meticulously maintained, I can't see them cutting any of that down for an arctic overlay. That leaves the lions eating the zebra scene, there are trees behind it, but they could put up a white tarp with an arctic scene painted on it, but it's still just a small piece of the ride, and it wouldn't match well with the rest of the cruise. I think the only way to "explain" it would be that a an iceberg broke off and floated down to the jungle.

So . . . an iceberg broke off and maybe it so happens to have Santa's house/sleigh and some animatronic reindeers? Or maybe Santa's sleigh crash lands in the jungle?

Regarding how this snow zone arrived: it was a special gift that Santa magically transported to the Jungle, along with some "magical snow" and a few critters that make their home in the snow and ice.

The details on where it would be placed would need to be worked out. Maybe add a new iceberg island exention off one of the existing shores . . . .maybe turn off the attacking natives, and build the ice/snowland extention in that area - that would be a good spot for a little Christmas suprise. (DL does a good job putting in and taking out those Mickey and friends Halloween Displays on the Tram route, and replanting, so I would expect they could do something like that on the Jungle cruise, with some AAs, and green it up again.

Again, the whole thing is THEY DID NOT have enough fun with this concept! And when they don't have fun with the concept, and don't put enough effort in it, . . . . it shows in the outcome.

And for those who say "this wasn't suppose to be a Haunted Mansion Holiday" or "Small World Holiday", I remember the first year, and there was substantial concern that it would only be a quickie and cheap set of decorations spread in spots throughout the Mansion. . . . . However the Reality was quite the opposite, the cobweb candelabras and a jack olanterns outside of the mansion, new stretching portraits, changing portraits, new speil cleverly written and performed, new music soundtrack, huge new animatronic maneating plants and wreath, animatronic halloween tree with moving spiders and lit up jacko'lanterns, the new Jack Skellington AA, with bonedeer and snow, with spiderweb snowflakes falling. and the huge Nightmare hill covered with jackolanterns lit up in time with the music.

Disneyland management certainly wasn't "in LOVE" with this Jingle Cruise makeover, otherwise it would have shown, in it's outcome.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Monorail Lover

I think you guys just got bad skippers. The skipper that I had on Sunday was great! He got laughs out of the whole boat, including me! That was the most fun I've had on the Jungle Cruise in a long time, the script just gets too stale and needs to be switched up like this.
    Signature down for reimagineering.

• I'm not really here

Who on Earth waits 80 minutes to ride Jungle Cruise? I'm going to say that a less than stellar skipper coupled with waiting a ridiculous length of time just to see it created an expectation bias. I see reports from people who love it. Will reserve my own judgment until I can ride it personally. Probably next year.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I'm from Canada eh!

I still think it is a good idea, but perhaps with limited vision. As been alluded to here, I feel that this was a great chance to really amp up the script with some new material sourced from writers, comedians and even the skippers themselves! However, I'm not planning a trip anytime soon nor am I willing to ride it over and over to ensure I see and hear every skippers spiel, so I really have no basis as to if it is a hit or miss...

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Wow, you didn't get this:

I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Artistic integrity

I'm sorry, I fell asleep.

Did I miss anything of significance??
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Well, here's my skipper from today.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Evil is Sexy

Hah! Nice. I totally loved his ramblingness.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• will-o-the-whip

Jungle Cruise should get a Halloween overlay a la Apocalypse Now.
    This idea has roots with JC being inspired by the African Queen, which took inspiration from Conrad's Heart of Darkness.

• Foolish Mortal

Speaking of the Ju(i)ngle Cruise, when is the Bengal Tiger going to return???

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Just as soon as they get the bull elephant working.

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    That's my favorite animal in the ride. It's been gone for a LONG time now. So have the two guys from the armory scene at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean. However, the old guy with the Mummy from the Haunted Mansion may hold the record for longest absence from an attraction ever? Like 8 months that figure was MIA. Maintenance seems to take forever these days.

Looks like someone got a bad skipper. When I went on it today my skipper was great!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast