• Disney aficionado

Help a first time Disneyland Guest!

My cousin moved to Las Vegas from Pittsburgh all by herself and is an elementary teacher. She has never been to Disneyland or World and will be headed to Orange County over Thanksgiving break. I still live in Pittsburgh and have had a lot of help planning my honeymoon in California from you guys here! She has been a close friend and will be without family over Thanksgiving, since she can't afford a return flight home, so I figured helping her get into Disneyland will be the next best thing. She has already asked me if I knew of any discounts for DL. She is pretty poor having just moved and the price is just too much for her. Can any of you guys get her a deal, whatever that might be, so she can visit?

Thank you in advanced!
    Last edited by Yackerz; 11-09-2013 at 06:40 PM.
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Re: Help a first time Disneyland Guest!

I just got back from California today. We purchased our Disneyland tickets at Discount Tickets and Tours. It saved us $10 per ticket. We also had discounts to different restaurants in the area and other places in Southern California.

It's located in the Garden Walk mall.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Silent Lucidity

• Minion

Unfortunately discounts are rare nowadays. Maybe there's some other part of the trip that can be economized to offset the ticket.

• Disney aficionado

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Unfortunately discounts are rare nowadays. Maybe there's some other part of the trip that can be economized to offset the ticket.
    I don't think she is planning on spending much $ anywhere else other than food. Thanks anyhow though.
    The $10 off tickets seem to be the best deal I've noticed so far. I figured they would be hard to come by anything super cheap!
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

• Dont make me unfriend you

She can save money by packing in a lunch and/or snack foods. That way she could get away with maybe buying only one meal in the park and just one snack during the day. We just went, the park was opened 10 am to 8 pm. We brought in snacks and home-made peanut butter and honey sandwiches. With the short hours, we didn't need to buy a full meal.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

This discussion is of interest to me because I am retiring to Bullhead City. One of the many reasons for the move was to be economically closer to Disneyland because of my limited retirement budget.
    Catching a greyhound out of Las Vegas is 60.00 round trip, arriving at 2:00, enough time to see the park at Night, check into Motel 6 for 60.00 plus tax and the next day visit till time to catch a taxi to Greyhound for a 9:30 pm departure. Two days, one lodging night, a great savings.

But the trick to all of this as a poor person, limited budget or just never enough is planning. Because right now, that Greyhound fare has doubled for your friend to travel on the selected holiday. Motel 6 rate is currently steady at that price for the holiday.

If your friend cannot afford the trip , then chances are her vehicle is probably at risk of driving, so once again, save the car, ride national mass transportation.

And then what would happen if an earthquake did happen, and infrastructure fell apart. Would she have enough cash to wait out any emergency to happen in the Calif?

Saving a few dollars here or there for tickets does not make for an inexpensive visit to Disneyland. It requires planning months away, looking at options over the long range. Leaving your home airport at 6:00 in the morning and returning late at night. Off season travel and lodging.

Disneyland is always affordable, it just requires planning and maybe waiting for months ore even next year for the best value.

I've found food is the big drain on budget. That being said, we just save up and don't worry about it, but we did find eating cereal for breakfast instead of mimosa brunch save about $100 for sure. I gotta say I love la brea bakery sometimes.
    if you don't drink, you can save a good deal. $7 beers adds up. I've found it best to wait till night fall. Liver and wallet agree.

• Rock Star Minion

And do note that Thanksgiving weekend is pretty busy.

She should pass on DL. Go see some museums (Getty is free, though parking can cost), learn something for her students.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."