Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• #bringevilback

Re: 2013 Candy Canes at Disneyland

They are worth the wait! I'm not a huge candy cane eater but this was yummy! It's still just a candy cane, but probably the best one you'll eat

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    One of the advantages of living in the sticks in the midwest on the edge of Amish Country is that we actually have places that make all kinds of old-fashioned candies in the old ways. There are two candy kitchens within a 25 mile radius of me that make hand rolled candy canes & sticks, hand wound lollipops (the ones that look like a round braided rug), and hand stretched ribbon candy. There is even a place that makes home-made maple candy (sugar and chewy) from their own maple sap every mapling season.
    I live in Columbus, and I can think of several local places to buy handmade, fresh candy canes - I never realized that there were places you couldn't get good, local candy until I read this! I guess we are really lucky in Ohio to have year-round access to awesome candy, even if we're far from Disneyland!

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    I wouldn't describe it as waiting in line forever. You just go to the park 15 minutes before the gates open (which is 5-10 minutes before the park opens). The recommendation is 30 minutes, but I've done it at 15 minutes. And that's fun, anyway. They always invite one family in early to assist with the countdown to the gate opening, and they encourage the crowd to count down, too. There will be lots of people there who don't know or care about the candy canes, but who just want to be there at park open. The recommendation is to get in line on the left side of the park (when looking towards Main Street station from the esplanade), but I've gotten in line on the right side -- the important thing to meis to try to be one of the first groups in my own line. They usually scan the tickets of the first few people in each line early, so once gates open, you don't have to wait. Once the gates open, walk briskly -- don't run, although some will -- to the candy store to get in a line. But don't worry -- they start handing out wristbands as soon as the line forms. Once you get your wristband with your batch number and pick up time, you're free to go to the end of Main Street to participate in rope drop. Its easier to get candy canes now that they distribute them from DCA, too. In fact, we went early one day last December just to get a fast pass for Racers. We left DCA to park hop about an hour or hour and a half after DCA had opened, and we passed several CMs standing outside Trolley Treats with unused wristbands in their hands. I'm pretty sure I received Twitter alerts from DCAtoday for at least another half hour saying that wristbands were still available.
    Dec 3rd is extra magic hour day for Disneyland and it's also Disneyland's candy cane day... Do you think those already in the Park for Magic Morning or Extra Magic hour have a leg up on everyone else to get in line early?

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by pushforth View Post
    Dec 3rd is extra magic hour day for Disneyland and it's also Disneyland's candy cane day... Do you think those already in the Park for Magic Morning or Extra Magic hour have a leg up on everyone else to get in line early?
    Most likely, same as for RSR fp

• gadgets & gizmos aplenty

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Tips for warm candy canes:

1) Go watch them make a batch. At the end, the candy makers hand out small pieces of warm cane from a little paper cup. No purchase/wristband necessary.

2) If you do get a wristband, go earlier than your designated pick up time and explain to the CM at the register that you want yours warm and don't mind if it's still a little pliable.

Thank you for all the great tips! Maybe (hopefully) I'll snag a candy cane this year!

That's cool. This is my 1st year trying to get one. So fingers crossed
    A bad day at Disneyland is better than a good day at work. But who ever heard of a bad day at Disneyland?
    https://twitter.com/Flutterfly_74
    http://pinterest.com/flutterfly74/
    http://flutterfly74.tumblr.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12