Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Seeker of Fun

Re: 6 days at Disneyland possible?

I have an AP, but was disappointed that the 6 day was removed. This is what we originally started out with a few years back.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am still scratching my head as to why Disney doesn't offer parkhoppers at least up to a week. My trips have always averaged at least a week, and I always go home wanting more. I guess I am in the group that thinks Disneyland should be sipped/savored, and not gulped.

Where are you traveling from? And how many people are in your group? I got my first ap years ago when I wanted to go with my 2 kids for 2 weeks (other things planned as well). My grown daughter and I still have passes. Depending on whether or not you might return within a year, and how many people you are with, a pass might be a good option. If this is a one-time trip, purchasing additional days might be the only option. Some groups such as AAA have multi-day tickets at a slight discount (every bit helps!).

And for me, 6 days is just fine! The first year we had passports, it was great. We live in AZ, so it's less than half a day's drive. It had been frustrating to get there in the early afternoon, and not be able to go to the park until the next day; no sense in wasting a day's ticket on half a day. Now we get there, go in for a late lunch, enjoy a leisurely afternoon - love it. And it's nice to not feel we have to cram everything in so as not to "waste" time. Whatever works for you is good.

I will never understand why some people will tell posters ,who are travelling from a long distance and probably only get to go to the park, every few years or a longer time frame, that Disney can be done in 3 or 4 days.
    Could you really do and see everything in 3 or 4 days? I don't think so. If you only did the rides and never stepped foot in a gallery or a show, never did an Animation Academy class or rode every mode of transportation available....maybe.
    If you are from California and the states that border on it, I could see that 3 or 4 days might be enough because you get to go at least once a year or even multiple times a year. However, not everyone who posts on here is that lucky so please don't give them the idea that they can do it all in 4 days.

• Done with MC.

It really depends on crowd levels. The park can be done in 4 days if the crowds are light but during the busier seasons you may only get a in few attractions per day.
    We always get 5 day PH and go off-season M-F. By Friday we feel like we've done Disney pretty good and are ready to head home.
    BTW, there's nothing wrong with not doing it all. I think it's more fun to leave a few things for the next trip no matter how far off in the future it is. It's always fun to have something to look forward to.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Susie63 View Post
    Could you really do and see everything in 3 or 4 days?
    Yes, you can. On my last 5-day Park Hopper I had pretty much done and seen everything I wanted to see in 3 days with two leftover for re-rides and stuff that I hadn't planned on doing. However, like others have said, it depends on the time of year you visit. If you visit during off peak times you won't have a terrible amount of crowding and will be able to do a lot more in a shorter amount of time. If you go in the middle of July then no, it would be best to have more days because you won't be able to do things as fast as you would otherwise.

so please don't give them the idea that they can do it all in 4 days.
    But you can. People say you can do it for a reason.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Really? I have been three times and only on my last trip did I finally get to see Mr. Lincoln and watch the movies at the Main Street Cinema.

• Banned User

If you are from California and the states that border on it, I could see that 3 or 4 days might be enough because you get to go at least once a year or even multiple times a year. However, not everyone who posts on here is that lucky so please don't give them the idea that they can do it all in 4 days.
    What I don't get is why you think you can't do it all in 4 days? Not everyone tries to do EVERYTHING in a Disneyland Resort vacation. It is over preparing for a trip that is usually done in 2 to 3 days. If you allocate your time and then realize that you done enough, then you will feel like you're getting ripped off.

I suggest you buy that 5 day pass, but in case you change your mind, plan on taking a day or two in another location. You will have balance on your trip.

My mistake when taking a WDW vacation is the suggestion that you can't do 10 full days, which is the maximum Magic Your Way ticket. You should be able to do 4 full days easy, but it is likely you will do 3 days. The simple truth is no one does everything. There are highlights and filler. Most people do the highlights. The filler is there for big crowds. A theme park veteran will tell you the filler isn't necessary if you don't care for them. It is unnecessary to bother with attractions that don't interest you.

When I drop 6 to 7 thousand dollars for a holiday.... I don't want to just hit the highlights. Our trip in January will be our 3rd with this AP. We will not be back for at least 4 years. Flying in from Europe, Canada is very expensive. If I am lucky I can get a seat sale for $500 a person x 3. Add transportation, lodging and food and I will have dropped over $15,000 on 3 visits to Disneyland in one year. I am not a park veteran and never will be. I live too far away. I want to see all the filler. The rides are okay but if that is all you ever do...you are missing out.

• Banned User

When I drop 6 to 7 thousand dollars for a holiday.... I don't want to just hit the highlights. Our trip in January will be our 3rd with this AP. We will not be back for at least 4 years. Flying in from Europe, Canada is very expensive. If I am lucky I can get a seat sale for $500 a person x 3. Add transportation, lodging and food and I will have dropped over $15,000 on 3 visits to Disneyland in one year. I am not a park veteran and never will be. I live too far away. I want to see all the filler. The rides are okay but if that is all you ever do...you are missing out.
    You're from Canada (Alberta?). Why would you fly from Europe? If you're coming from Europe, you will be charged a lot more.

Why do 3 visits a year and then not again for 4 years? Okay, you have your reasons, but you do become a theme park veteran after the first trip.

I think you can definitely see & do everything you care to see & do in 4 days. We've done it in less, many times over. But from my experience, the longer trips are more enjoyable. Like Barbaraann said, "sipped, not gulped." Why scramble when you can completely immerse yourself?! Besides, it sounds like the OP has already decided on the length of their stay. They're here looking for ticket solutions. And it appears that there really isnt any other solution than to buy either an AP or a 5 day + 1 day.

Again OP, have a great trip!!

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by bjmort View Post
    Some travel agents have access to longer park hopper tickets. I know flight centre Australia used to do like 9 days or something

I'm a travel agent in the US, and I just checked, and 5-day is the maximum that we have access to with our Disneyland packages.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Chief Troublemaker

IDK, guys. I could happily spend 6 days or longer at DLR. There's an awful lot to see & do in both parks and then if you take into account DTD and exploring the hotels (at least the Grand & DLH) you could pass 6 days or more easily. Maybe if all you're interested in is the rides then 6 days may be more than you want. Knott's (IHMO) isn't worth the price unless you like coasters (urgh-motion sickness) plus they aren't food allergy friendly (I know, most people don't have to consider this). Plus I STILL have a grudge against them for starting to charge admission (yeah, I'm old….and kidding).

I think it also may depend on how often you are able to visit DLR. If you just never get bored with Disney (is it even possible to get bored with Disney?), if it's a once in a lifetime trip, or if you're only able to go every few years then a week (or longer) stay might be just the ticket. And especially if you can only visit during the peak times. Then the knowledge that you have 6+ days to see/do everything you want to, may make those peak-season wait time lines a little easier to wait in.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    There are highlights and filler. Most people do the highlights. The filler is there for big crowds. A theme park veteran will tell you the filler isn't necessary if you don't care for them. It is unnecessary to bother with attractions that don't interest you.
    The problem with this is that one person's highlights are another person's filler. Some people LOVE It's a Small World and can't imagine going to DL without going through it at least once while I would be perfectly content never to ride it again.

Also, sometimes you don't know what is highlight and what is filler until you try it. I assumed the Sailing Ship Columbia was filler until I went on it one day only because the lines everywhere else were long and the ship was boarding immediately. I loved it and now consider it a highlight. If you never try something, you might miss something you would really enjoy. Sometimes things surprise you, which is one of the many things I love about Disneyland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    The problem with this is that one person's highlights are another person's filler. Some people LOVE It's a Small World and can't imagine going to DL without going through it at least once while I would be perfectly content never to ride it again.

Also, sometimes you don't know what is highlight and what is filler until you try it. I assumed the Sailing Ship Columbia was filler until I went on it one day only because the lines everywhere else were long and the ship was boarding immediately. I loved it and now consider it a highlight. If you never try something, you might miss something you would really enjoy. Sometimes things surprise you, which is one of the many things I love about Disneyland.
    This doesn't change the argument. If you call one ride a highlight and the other the filler, you already indicated you won't go on all the rides.

As for if you don't know what the rides are about, the first timer won't go on all the rides regardless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast