Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 6 days at Disneyland possible?

As the OP is a new member, it may be their first visit to DL. They are looking for something longer than a five day, so I will go out on a limb and guess that they are looking to spend as much time as possible in the parks.
    If I had been to the parks more than 10 times, I could see that spending more than 4 or 5 days in the parks, would probably be more than enough. What I take issue with is, when a new member is looking for suggestions on spending as much time as possible in the park and people chime in with 3 or 4 days is enough.....and it happens every time someone new asks "how many days".

Yes I live in Alberta. However, flying from Canada and Europe to LA can be comparable. The park would be FULL of Canadians all the time if we ever got seat sales like you do in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by tjoyama View Post
    I want to plan a 6 or 7 day trip to disneyland, but the longest pass they offer is for 5 days. I have read that it is possible to add a sixth or seventh day if you go to the ticket counter and pay a small fee, but then i read elsewhere that this is no longer possible. Has anyone had experience with this recently?
    Depending on the time of the year and where you are staying I might suggest you could simply buy a 5 day and plan on using 1 or 2 days to simply putter about downtown Disney and swim in the pool (assuming it will be swim season when you are there). Also depends on the ages of the quests you plan on taking... but I have down week long trips to WDW with the family and sometimes they aren't really ready to leave when the week is up... Compared to a Disneyland trip where the shortest trip is 4 days, they aren't complaining when it is time to go... On a longer trip there I think they were actually getting a bit bored by the end.

DL is nice but it will be a stretch to make it a week long trip that doesn't make some people bored by the end.

Also if decide to take people's advice and only do 5 days, let the crowds determine which of the 5 days in a week you go to the park... even though a weekday might not be open as long as a weekend, you can often get more rides in during a weekday simply because the parks can get extremely crowded on a weekend and rides that might have been a near walk-on during the week could take you 30 minutes to an hour.

• Minion

I think offering suggestions is what these boards are all about, and these are just suggestions.

I would make the assumption that someone going to Disneyland might be interested in "theme parks" in general and may not have known how close, for example, Knott's is. And, as a theme park enthusiast and local, it's my opinion that buying a single-day ticket to Knott's is a more valuable purchase than buying a single-day DLR ticket for that sixth day, especially if one concentrates on what sets Knott's apart from DLR (authentic Ghost Town buildings, full-size steam train, stagecoach ride, Mystery Lodge, wild west stunt show, ice show, thrill rides, etc.). Remember, Disneyland was the product of imagination, DCA was a product of "let's keep them on our property longer to spend more money."

I could be wrong and the OP is interested only in whatever comes from the Disney Corporation in which case he/she is free to ignore anything I say and never set foot off their property.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 11-11-2013 at 01:48 PM.

• Banned User

Considering that the next step above a 5 day park hopper ticket of $300 is the Deluxe Annual Passport of $499, you really have to thinks these things through. You wonder why Disney just doesn't offer the extra couple of days for a fraction of the cost. However, even WDW doesn't offer anything beyond 10 days when a tourist could be on vacation for 2 weeks. That's the way the tickets work.

We already say the tourist should adjust their trip by visiting less often especially since it is overkill. It doesn't matter for those who have clear intentions. Just buy the Deluxe Annual Pass and perhaps you should stay at least 8 days to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately it's confirmed that it's no longer possible to add a day our two to the 5 day hopper, which is too bad, but there's nothing that can be done so I'll just adjust my plans accordingly. Plus I got a lot of opinions of how long is too long to spend at DL for some (and not for others). I suppose I fall into the 'others' category.

when i go to Disneyland. i go for 7-8 days. usually the first day is a waste because you get there and check into the hotel, etc. then i use a 5 day park hopper then i have a extra day to go to another park like, 6 flags or Knotts Berry farm. then the last day is the day i fly home so i eat something, check out of the hotel and head back to the airport.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by disdad View Post
    ...When you travel 14 hours to get to Disneyland then I agree you want to do as many days as you can. We have done 15 days as our longest trip and it wasn't too much.
    Exactly! We are planning our 2015 / 60th Anniversary trip, and it looks like another 14 or 15 day adventure and another 5 or 6 day later in the year. Easily done with an annual pass.

I know some folks can't do more than 3 or 4 days without being bored or DL'd out. We have always found things to do - especially when you have the time to slow down and just look around. There is so much detail and wonder everywhere that most guests rush right past in their hurry to attempt to do "everything" in three days. Different strokes...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I've been thinking about this as well, in planning our next trip in May. This is our 2nd trip and we have a long list of things we missed on our 1st trip 3 years ago that we are looking forward to doing. That trip was 4 full days and wasn't enough. The children are now ages 7-12, so their stamina will be better but their normal betime is still 8:00p. We'll arrive sometime on Thursday and will check out the following Friday. That leaves us full days Friday-Thursday (7). If we take one day outside DLR, that leaves us 6 days. Going from $300 adult park-hopper to $499 Deluxe AP seems like a lot for just one more day. Saturday is blocked out so we can't use the AP on that day, which will cause us to miss our first opportunity at Early Magic Hour at DL. Though I have heard that you can convert tickets on a black-out day and get entry in the park. However, the AP offers 10% dining discounts. We'll do one full meal a day in the parks, so with 6 of us, that will add up quickly, so it might be worth it. I'm still crunching the numbers.
    As to whether 4 days is "plenty", here's my plan:
    We will do early entry the first few days and take long swim breaks in the afternoon. We want to do the evening shows (World of Color, Fantasmic!, fireworks) but the mornings after that we'll sleep in. I also want to spend an evening in the park doing the rides in the dark. It doesn't get dark until 8p when we're there so in order to stay up that late, we'll need to do that on a night we've slept in and don't want to get up the next morning. Another factor is that 3 of the days we're there will be Grad Nights, so we need to plan our afternoon/evenings around those to avoid excited teenagers.
    One of the days we're there is DH12's birthday so we will try to ride Lilly Belle or the engineer's compartment on the train. He also wants to do Jedi Academy and the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. Add in a couple more rides and play time at the Redwood Creek Trail and that's the day.
    So with all these different things, 6 days might not even be enough!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123