Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

6 days at Disneyland possible?

I want to plan a 6 or 7 day trip to disneyland, but the longest pass they offer is for 5 days. I have read that it is possible to add a sixth or seventh day if you go to the ticket counter and pay a small fee, but then i read elsewhere that this is no longer possible. Has anyone had experience with this recently?

Re: 6 days at Disneyland possible?

That's a long time. DL/DCA is really an extended weekend trip. You can hit practically everything in 3 days. Why the long duration?

• Singing Drinker

And honestly, depending on the time of year you're going you might want to investigate an Annual Pass. I am not really up for doing the math, but depending on blackouts etc. you may save substantially.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by tjoyama View Post
    I want to plan a 6 or 7 day trip to disneyland, but the longest pass they offer is for 5 days. I have read that it is possible to add a sixth or seventh day if you go to the ticket counter and pay a small fee, but then i read elsewhere that this is no longer possible. Has anyone had experience with this recently?

As of the last I heard, you can no longer add a 6th (or more) day to the 5 day tickets. It's been that way since the price hike earlier this year. You'd have to buy an additional 1 day or 2 day ticket or upgrade to an Annual Pass. Here's the link to Disneyland's ticket page so you can compare prices of a 5 day ticket plus separate tickets for more days vs an Annual Pass. Be sure you take into account any blackout dates on the Deluxe AP.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/tickets/
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

I figure if I'm shelling out 4k or so to get there, i might as well have the option to let the kids go as many days as we will be there. In many way I'd rather go more days and spend less time there, especially if it's hot (we went one day last time when it was 100 degrees and felt like i needed to stay longer than I wanted since we only had a set number of days in the park) and the kids are worn out.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by tjoyama View Post
    I figure if I'm shelling out 4k or so to get there, i might as well have the option to let the kids go as many days as we will be there. In many way I'd rather go more days and spend less time there, especially if it's hot (we went one day last time when it was 100 degrees and felt like i needed to stay longer than I wanted since we only had a set number of days in the park) and the kids are worn out.
    Like the 76 dude said 6 days is a lot.

I suggest breaking up 5 days with a day at any of the following. Sea World, Lego Land, SD Zoo or Safari Park, Universal Studios, Knotts, or a beach.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I just spent six days at the park. I have an AP, but my guest did not. We bought her a five day & a one day. If there's a better deal, I sure wish Id known about it. And I disagree that six days is too much. Six days is JUST RIGHT! Have a great trip!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Like the 76 dude said 6 days is a lot.

I suggest breaking up 5 days with a day at any of the following. Sea World, Lego Land, SD Zoo or Safari Park, Universal Studios, Knotts, or a beach.
    This

Some travel agents have access to longer park hopper tickets. I know flight centre Australia used to do like 9 days or something

If you want to do 6 days I say go for it. I could happily spend 6 days at both parks. It's ultimately up to how many days you want to do. I would second the suggestion that you review blackout dates and consider an annual pass. If the dates won't work for you, you might have to buy a 5 day pass and a one day pass.

If you get there really late one day, or leave early, you might just spend that day at Downtown Disney which doesn't require a ticket. Your call.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Even though I'm a big Disneyland fan, 6 full days at Disneyland for me is just too much, even when not spending full days there. Like Swampy suggested, if you are planning on spending several days at the resort, you may want to consider a one day, maybe even two day, Mid-Trip "palate cleanser". It will give you a chance to enjoy some other things in the area like the beach, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal, Sea World, or one of the zoos. That will give you a chance to freshen up your mind with some different sights, and additional memories, and some experience that you would not otherwise have. When you return to Disneyland, for your last two or three days, it will almost seem like two diffierent trips to DL, than one long drawn out vacation only at Disneyland.

What ever you decide, hope you have a great time.

• MaliBOOMer

For a trip I did last March with my friends we had planned on doing six days. They removed the six day park hopper so we changed to five days with a day at Knott's. It turned out for the better as the day at Knott's made the trip twice as good.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• The doctor is in

As I understand it, you can no longer add a sixth day onto your package. I think you would have to buy an additional day in the park at full price.

And I agree with saying six days is a bit much. I love Disneyland, don't get me wrong, but I am always good with five days and always have moments where I stand there and have to think of what I want to do again. I would encourage you to use your sixth day and do something else like the beach, Knotts, or Universal.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Knott's is only 5 miles away from DLR and has some good stuff (destination-class roller coasters among them) but amusingly it has stuff that Disneyland *used* to have so riding the stagecoach and seeing the Native American show is like a trip to Yesterland. And if you're at Knott's you *need* to see Mystery Lodge. Look for the showtimes and go. Seriously. I can't figure it out and I don't want to.

Depending on where you are from you can get longer passes. Australian and NZ can get 10 day passes. I think the UK has something similar.

Otherwise the annual pass is a great option as you will also get discounts depending on the pass and if you plan it right you can do 2 trips (or more) on the pass. ie Do one In January and then 11 months later in December.

When you travel 14 hours to get to Disneyland then I agree you want to do as many days as you can. We have done 15 days as our longest trip and it wasn't too much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast