Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Donald's #1 Fan

Visiting Carsland made me think how awful Tomorrowland really is :(

I haven't read much about Carsland here... but to me.. it's the best themed land of them all.

My favorite one is Fantasyland. It's very pretty. And Frontierland is a classic.

But Carsland... WHOA, where did that come from.

It's perfect. Just perfect. Radiator Springs Racers is a dream come true. It beats the Matterhorn in scope. It makes Grizzly Run look like a toy. It's THE most impressive land I've ever seen. And at night it gives Main Street a run for its money. There, I said it. Main Street is a classic, but CarsLand is the land CA always deserved. It's the land DL deserves.

Now, I see Tomorrowland and I cringe. Its sterile, ugly, devoid of attractions. Carsland is full of them. It has the old flying saucers, for crying out loud! They took them away from TL and placed them next door!

I fear Disneyland, the greatest theme park that ever was, is in serious risk of losing relevance to the once ugly duckling next door. Seriously - DCA 2.0 is incredible. Simply incredible. The new entrance, Carthay Circle, CarsLand make the park rock. Even Paradise Pier now looks right (the flight area is still as ugly as ever, though).

Someone send the guys who did Carsland straight to Tomorrowland. We need them.

Re: Visiting Carsland made me think how awful Tomorrowland really is :(

Amen
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Tomorrowland needs so much work. I am not a big star wars fan but honestly I think they could do great things with it as a way to fix tomorrowland.

• Senior Minion

I don't really agree, yes in a purely aesthetic sense CL is currently much more beautiful then TL, but overall CL lacks depth. Cars Land is nice, and overall they did a pretty solid job on DCA 2.0, but the saucers failed for a reason and they should have left them dead. Mater is kind of fun, but just filler. CL and DCA overall still lack for quality attractions. CL also has a bit of an empty feel. I guess it fits the desert theme, but to me it doesn't make for the most interesting land. I like NOS, AL, Frontier and FL better.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Its sterile, ugly, devoid of attractions. Carsland is full of them. It has the old flying saucers, for crying out loud! They took them away from TL and placed them next door!
    Tomorrowland has Nemo Subs, Buzz, Space, Star Tours, Autopia . . .

Given that Disney has a grab bag of rides like Buzz which fit best in Tomorrowland, a question would be, what is the biggest problem:

1. Not enough adult oriented E-Tickets.
    2. Overall theme looks dated.

Two different solutions given that Tomorrowland will probably never be "gutted" completely.

Solution to the first is to remove Innoventions and put in a ride which appeals to adult as well as kids, maybe a Marvel ride, but not Iron Man as that is a Hong Kong exclusive.

I think a retro-futuristic look could work for Tomorrowland, but it wouldn't add any new attractions.

They could do a Tron theme for Tomorrowland which is most stunning at night when the lights are turned on, in essence getting two themes in one.

Tomorrowland isn't deserted like Bear Country before Splash. Turn Autopia into a Mars rover ride with alien landscape, and put in a E-Ticket into Innoventions and the land could easily become one of the most popular in Disneyland, even without a totally new facade.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I used to like Carsland, until I had the following epiphany:

Are real-life towns decorated with human body parts? Then why would a town in a world ruled by cars be decorated in car parts? (Kind of a creepy realization, and something that would make sense only in a slasher movie...)

Although I do admit that the entrance into Carsland from Pacific Wharf is truly breath-taking.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I used to like Carsland, until I had the following epiphany:

Are real-life towns decorated with human body parts? Then why would a town in a world ruled by cars be decorated in car parts? (Kind of a creepy realization, and something that would make sense only in a slasher movie...)

Although I do admit that the entrance into Carsland from Pacific Wharf is truly breath-taking.
    It depends on the town

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Très bien Frollo

For me, Tomorrowland needs to be updated to this day & age.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

The only land I would skip, but I won't skip Space Mountain and Star Tours. But, BLAB is a hit or miss. Which means I can't skip TL if I ride those two attractions.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Exactly - That's not what's referred to as skipping a land in Disney parlance.

• MaliBOOMer

I don't know. Aesthetically speaking Cars Land is spectacular. However from a ride standpoint I think Tomorrowland has the edge. I would take Space Mountain and Star Tours over RSR any day. RSR is a highly detailed ride with amazing animatronics. However it lacks the attention keeping action of Indiana Jones or Star Tours. I think the problem is at least for me RSR isn't thrilling. Space Mountain definitely has the upper hand there. Now my favorite land would be Aventureland. It might be my Indy bias speaking here, but the 1930's jungle feel is more exciting for me than the desert or clash of Tomorrowland.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I'm really hoping for a disneyland update tomorrow. I can't wait to hear more about possible updates to come.

• Former Churro Jockey

And yet I'm already over Cars Land. It takes your breath away the first few times you see it, but then you realize that there's really very little to it. Two of the rides suck, the Cozy Cone is kind of fun and Flo's is okay (although I haven't tried very much on the menu because it seems like each item has at least one thing on it that I don't like). The merchandise is fun but not something I'd ever purchase. So really, for me it boils down to one pretty darn good ride, although I'd still prefer Test Track, with a 2hr line. I'd ridden RSR probably 5 times now, so until the line is consistantly below an hour I'm probably not going to be going on it again anytime soon. But Star Tours and Space Mountain are must-do rides for me almost every trip. So visually Cars Land is amazing, but in terms of substance Tomorrowland still wins.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• I'm from Canada eh!

I too have much love for CL and can't wait to see what they do with Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast