Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Earthquakes

Re: Earthquakes

I'd rather trust these people than get stuck in a flooded emergency room or a shortage of medical somewhere else. At least everything you would need would be there at least for a little while. The food delivery trucks are probably filled with perishables or ingrediants. There's lots of bottled water and juice along with those cokes. A there's plenty of chlorinated water in the rides. The moat has water that can be boiled and used to clean the food from the garden. Same for the water rides in DCA. As long as you have something, I'm sure anyone with cooking abilty and camping skills could figure out something to do with it all. Have to eat the ice cream first though. I could think of worse situations.
    Every Role a Starring Role - Disneyland Resort Nurses - YouTube

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Except for Disney prices! If the cash registers were down and they only took cash, you'd be in trouble.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    There was a fun, silly thread a few months ago about holeing up at Disneyland in the event of a zombie apocolypse, and one of the things that came up was just how much food is actually stored on property at the park. When I worked there Disney got an awful lot of food delivered to them every day between 3 - 6 AM for that day, so I don't know that there is a ton of food actually stored on property. There is a small farm (AgriFuture) behind Tomorrowland, but the pesticides they use are not safe for consumption. You'd probably be able to find plenty of drinks (hope you like Coke!), but food might be challenging. I can however attest to the fact that there is enough popcorn seed to probably last a decade if you can get one of the popcorn kettles working...
    Dude as long as you can still serve a Dole Whip or a Churro we're good.

• Minion

When I worked at the resort in entertainment, we were told of a meeting spot to go to and that's about it. One time we did a parade right after an earthquake and they reminded us that the procedure was to stop and wait for further instructions. Not really organized IMO. I hope they're getting better about it. There is no excuse for not being prepared when you live in an active zone.
    Jeff Wayne

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234