Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

More Water Rides at DCA

Maybe it is just me, but DCA needs more water type rides. They already have the "get you wet" type ride, with the Grizzly rafts, but that is it. They have a big lake, but that is only used for water shows. My biggest suggestion, which I am sure has been mentioned before, is adding "real" water to the Little Mermaid ride (the feeling your shell is "floating" on water would be awesome!). I still think they need to add a "slow" boat type ride as well, possibly in a Bug's Land area (what does a bug see while floating down the river on a leaf?). Would be cool to add some kind of water effect at the beginning of Screamin. They should also add some type of flying/water ride where you are sailing in the air over Grizzly Peak & come flying down like you are going to splash in to the water near Paradise Pier. Just some of my opinions. So what do you think, does DCA need more water type rides or should we leave them all to Disneyland?

• Singing Drinker

Re: More Water Rides at DCA

They kinda had a water effect for Screamin' - there were (are)? wave generators back by the coaster launch, and they would create waves for the lagoon.

I'd be down for more water rides. If they MUST go thrill, Disney could do a really good water coaster - imagine Atlantis from SeaWorld done with full theme and likely more show scenes.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    They kinda had a water effect for Screamin' - there were (are)? wave generators back by the coaster launch, and they would create waves for the lagoon.

I'd be down for more water rides. If they MUST go thrill, Disney could do a really good water coaster - imagine Atlantis from SeaWorld done with full theme and likely more show scenes.
    +1

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

OP, now would be the time for full disclosure if you work for the Metropolitan Water District

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but DCA needs more water type rides. They already have the "get you wet" type ride, with the Grizzly rafts, but that is it.
    Grizzly River Run is such a generic raft ride, it feels like any other raft ride at any old amusement park. In fact, the raft ride at Great America here in the Bay Area is better than Grizzly. At the very least, it should have more theming unique to Disney. It's been talked about before here on another MiceChat thread, and I too feel the ride is lacking; it feels cheap and has no tie in to anything Disney. The addition of any forest Disney characters along the way as you go along on the ride would be nice, or even just non-character animatronic animals would be good.

I really like GRR. I still wish Pooh would have been the mini raft ride like the early concept art shows. They could totally use the early pooh ride idea for a bugs land and have you floating in bottle caps or something through a show building

• The doctor is in

I think GRR is enough water for me when it comes to DCA.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Indiana Scott

I think the enormous lake is a waste of space. A smaller lake with more land available for rides would have been the best scenario IMO but adding an attraction to the existing water area could be great as well.

• Singing Drinker

Overnight was thinking on this one, and for some reason a Journey to Atlantis water coaster just sticks. Lenghty detailed show sequences involving an enclosed set building built around track and multiple verticle lift points leading to the inevitable "something goes wrong" into the coaster parts... it could take a tech unused in any Disney park and give it a serious run.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    Maybe it is just me, but DCA needs more water type rides. They already have the "get you wet" type ride, with the Grizzly rafts, but that is it. They have a big lake, but that is only used for water shows. My biggest suggestion, which I am sure has been mentioned before, is adding "real" water to the Little Mermaid ride (the feeling your shell is "floating" on water would be awesome!). I still think they need to add a "slow" boat type ride as well, possibly in a Bug's Land area (what does a bug see while floating down the river on a leaf?). Would be cool to add some kind of water effect at the beginning of Screamin. They should also add some type of flying/water ride where you are sailing in the air over Grizzly Peak & come flying down like you are going to splash in to the water near Paradise Pier. Just some of my opinions. So what do you think, does DCA need more water type rides or should we leave them all to Disneyland?

They should bring back the S.S. Rustworthy
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Have you ever noticed that every land in DL has a water ride except that afterthought toontown? Almost every land has a mountain too.

Water and mountains for all is the way to go!
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Have you ever noticed that every land in DL has a water ride except that afterthought toontown? Almost every land has a mountain too.

Water and mountains for all is the way to go!
    Great observation! Never thought about that.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    Grizzly River Run is such a generic raft ride, it feels like any other raft ride at any old amusement park. In fact, the raft ride at Great America here in the Bay Area is better than Grizzly. At the very least, it should have more theming unique to Disney. It's been talked about before here on another MiceChat thread, and I too feel the ride is lacking; it feels cheap and has no tie in to anything Disney. The addition of any forest Disney characters along the way as you go along on the ride would be nice, or even just non-character animatronic animals would be good.
    I remember my reaction after the first ride: "Wait, no Grizzlies? Are we at Disney?"

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    I think the enormous lake is a waste of space. A smaller lake with more land available for rides would have been the best scenario IMO but adding an attraction to the existing water area could be great as well.
    The WORLD OF COLOR platforms take up almost the entire footprint of the lake.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 11-12-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast