Micechat Update: DAC, No X-mas Parties for awhile,

From today's Micechat article: Disneyland Update

Highlights:
    - Update on the new DAC system
    - No X-Mas Parties till at least 2017
    - Refurbishments updates
    - Alice is finally going to be refurbished
    - Upgrades to the animation building
    - Soarin' Over the World to film March 12th 2014, and possibly open before Shanghai
    - Little Mermaid to receive another refurbishment.

• The doctor is in

Re: Micechat Update: DAC, No X-mas Parties for awhile,

Ah, nothing like learning your trip in February will be plagued with refurbs. If it turns out POTC is down during the week I want to go I might reschedule my trip or just not visit in 2014 at all. That is too much construction at one time, imo. They should have done some of this stuff in 2013 to soften the impact on guests a bit. Not to mention the Court of Angels construction and the rush to open Thunder Mountain Railroad.

What a mess.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Evil is Sexy

I wonder if the decision to stop assisting with the Salvation Army is a policial backlash from their anti-alternative lifestyle statements.

Anyway, I'll give an extra toys-for-tots toy this year to help the area Marines.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Singing Drinker

Re: DAS

One of the more humorous moments of my trip to this year's USH HHN was watching a group fully expect instant access to the 2-hour wait maze only to have the line guy in question write the 1:50 later return time on it and hand it right back.

Their reaction:

"DISNEY DOESN'T DO THIS %&#$!"

*snicker*
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• a wind to shake the stars

Glad to hear the DAS is working well.

• Foolish Mortal

+1 on being happy to see the DAS is going well and that they are already on top of fixing the loopholes that were exploited.

This kind of rubbed me the wrong way, maybe I'm on my MANstral cycle, lol.
    Once Thanksgiving Day arrives however, and all the Passholder blockouts kick in, the daily attendance declines by 30,000 or more and the parks become noticeably less busy, while per capita guest spending skyrockets compared to the stingier Annual Passholders.

Not sure I would have worded it that way. As an APH and frequent park visitor, of course I can't binge spend. But our money is still spent in the parks, while it might not be lets just say $300 in a day, maybe it is $300 spread out through the course of the year. Does that make my wife and I "stingy"?

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    +1 on being happy to see the DAS is going well and that they are already on top of fixing the loopholes that were exploited.

Once Thanksgiving Day arrives however, and all the Passholder blockouts kick in, the daily attendance declines by 30,000 or more and the parks become noticeably less busy, while per capita guest spending skyrockets compared to the stingier Annual Passholders.

Not sure I would have worded it that way. As an APH and frequent park visitor, of course I can't binge spend. But our money is still spent in the parks, while it might not be lets just say $300 in a day, maybe it is $300 spread out through the course of the year. Does that make my wife and I "stingy"?
    I would also say that this ignores the fact that the period under discussion there is a heavier shopping period than quite literally any point in the 11 months around it. I strongly believe spending would be elevated regardless of who is in the park.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post

So, assuming 12 visits, that's about $12.50 per visit per guest (plus average AP cost per visit)? yeah, that's "stingy," relatively speaking.
    Remember that non-AP'ers are spending $90+ each just to enter the park for that one day.

And please note that I'm not asking you or any other AP'er to spend more.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I have never liked the idea on pass holders being stingy. yes there are days I just go and walk around, maybe have an ice cream and soda. But there are days when I wit in line for special edition pins, and signed artwork, etc. Most of those people in line for those things are us "stingy passholders" How many non passholders buys a ticket to get a signed print by someone or limited edition pin? Most non passholders won't wait in line for trinkets, they would rather stand in line for a ride.

• Rock Star Minion

There are probably 100,000 AP'ers who spend a lot, every visit.
    The rest (900,000 or so) lower the average a lot.
    That's how the math works.

No, not every AP'er is "stingy." So there is no reason for anyone to get defensive (and/or offended) about it.
    I'm all for people spending as much or as little as they please.

Count me as one of the stingiest guests of all: I don't even plan to visit ever again.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Former Churro Jockey

I think they mean stingy from Disney's point of view. When I had my pass I would often go to DL and only have dinner, so I was spending money, but compared to someone who bought a 1-day ticket who pays for lunch, dinner, a couple of bottled waters, a churro, a t-shirt, mouse ears, some kind of glow thing, and an ice cream, and I guess by that standard I'm stingy to a Disney exec. I can't spend as much money in the parks as a day guest for the simple fact that I'm only there a few hours as opposed to the whole day.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

My AP visits were "thrifty."

Nobody's mentioned that the article mentions that there are still several types of DAS abuse. It looks like they're trying to address them, but it seems like it will take some time.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    My AP visits were "thrifty."

Nobody's mentioned that the article mentions that there are still several types of DAS abuse. It looks like they're trying to address them, but it seems like it will take some time.
    You know, I've always felt that if dishonest people would turn the energy they devote to finding ways to cheat into more worthwhile efforts, we'd be able to cure cancer and have world peace. The DAS is barely one month old & people are already determined to 'beat the system'. Wow. Just wow.
    Last edited by Stormy; 11-13-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    So, assuming 12 visits, that's about $12.50 per visit per guest (plus average AP cost per visit)? yeah, that's "stingy," relatively speaking.
    Remember that non-AP'ers are spending $90+ each just to enter the park for that one day.

And please note that I'm not asking you or any other AP'er to spend more.
    Math is your friend. $300 / 12 = $25. Not so stingy, plus parking. So $40 per trip?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Count me as one of the stingiest guests of all: I don't even plan to visit ever again.
    Amen to that.

I don't have plans to go either. I wouldn't say ever again as I live 15 miles away and the occasional family of friend from out of state might require it. But I have no plans other than that. The only thing that will get me to shell out the $100+ it takes to get in would be a major E ticket going in. And I mean major - not just some glorified paint job and Disney saying it's the greatest addition since DCA 2.0.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast