• Mickeyfan3

Tour Question - Walk in Walt's Footsteps

Has anyone taken this tour, and can you tell me what it has to offer? I've been to the parks a zillion times, my 9 year old is a big a fanatic as me, but the one thing I've never done is a tour. Is there anything about this to make it worth while? What about 9 year olds, anything for them? We're going next week, so I'd have to book soon....thanks!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeyfan3
    Has anyone taken this tour, and can you tell me what it has to offer? I've been to the parks a zillion times, my 9 year old is a big a fanatic as me, but the one thing I've never done is a tour. Is there anything about this to make it worth while? What about 9 year olds, anything for them? We're going next week, so I'd have to book soon....thanks!
    I have a full review of the tour posted here.

Re: Tour Question - Walk in Walt's Footsteps

It's worth it. Even for a know-it-all fanatic, someone who's been to the park a zillion times, or someone who has limited time.

Or for someone like myself who will never, ever get to see the inside of club 33, it's worth it just to be able to stand in the foyer and touch the elevator.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Give Peace a Chance

I'd say it would be worth it, I've been on both the older version and the new version of WIWFS tour and each time enjoyed myself. Our guide was great with children and had a way of keeping them engaged so that they did not loose interest. I'd say that younger than 8 or 9 would be a little rough on the child though, too much visual stimulation. But no, there are not any special perks for children.
    I would imagine that depending on the guide, the times will vary. With each one I took it, the tour lasted between 3 and 3 and a half hours. Now ending with lunch and a pin. It is a lot of walking and not much rest, wear comfortable shoes. I hope you are as fortunate as I was and get a great tour guide!
    You are sure to come away with something, even if only a new perspective of some things you've seen hundreds of times.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

We enjoyed it too. I even learnt something new on the tour, and a glimpse inside the Club 33 foyer was pretty cool.

I took the tour it was ok. But if your a Disney fanatic you will not learn anything new.

• Senior Minion

The Tour is worth it, when I took it it didn't have the same route of the park it does now, it has changed. My wife and I enjoyed it. There is also many threads on it as well. I have to say that even for the hardened Disney Fan they can find some interesting info, and some they may already know. I dont want to give away any details. Just go and enjoy it like you never have done it before. I know you haven't, but just go.
    I still have yet to take the 50th Tour as well. This 50th Tour offers special seating for the Fireworks and the parades when they are scheduled and weather permitting.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Mickeyfan3

Thank you all!!!! My husband is even wanting to go now....and he claims to be "burnt out" on Disneyland. yeah right!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by william
    I took the tour it was ok. But if your a Disney fanatic you will not learn anything new.
    I really enjoyed our tour. I will admit, we knew most of what they told, but it was interesting to hear it from a new perspective. And the Disney Fanatic that was in our group and dead sure he knew all the answers learned a thing or two also.

I enjoyed the glimpse in Club 33, the info on Tiki room, the peek in the apartment that never came to be (now offices over Pirates) and all the little bits the tour guide gave us. Our guide was a sweetheart. She even made sure our service pup got a snack and water with us!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.