Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Under that tree again!

Re: splash POC rehabs

Splash and GRR close on alternate years for winder rehabs. 2014 is Splash's turn for a big closure. Last year GRR was closed from the end of the Holidays through February. Last Year Splash did get a short, well about 3 weeks long closure. No lap bars ended up in either ride's vehicles as was rumored.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Splash and GRR close on alternate years for winder rehabs. 2014 is Splash's turn for a big closure. Last year GRR was closed from the end of the Holidays through February. Last Year Splash did get a short, well about 3 weeks long closure. No lap bars ended up in either ride's vehicles as was rumored.
    Hopefully none ever will. It would only slow down the loading process.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

•   
    • Minion

I don't think Disney can really win with the refurbs. If they don't take the rides offline to clean them up, the rides start looking very tired and worn down (see: Splash Mountain and the motionless animatronics) and people get disappointed. If they do close down the rides for extended periods of time, people get disappointed.

With Splash, I guess January - March is the time of year that will upset the least number of guests - less people ride it when it's colder out. Not that we get "winter" the way the rest of the country does, but the temperatures do dip a little. They probably don't want to take it out during Holiday Time or the spring and summer (peak season) or in the fall (which can be the hottest time of year in the LA area!).

Having said that I do get completely bummed when a lot of rides are offline at one time, and I do understand why others would be upset about it too, especially if they don't have the ability to come to the parks that often. I remember being in DLR a few years back when POTC, Space and Haunted Mansion were all down (the former was being rehabbed; the latter two were getting their Halloween suits on) and it was really disappointing.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by Hank McCoy View Post
    ScottG: I believe his line at the bottom of his post with the smiley face implied that he is not serious with his comments.
    His comments are funny, but for some reason, I would not be surprised if that actually happened!

• Minion

The Pirates and Splash rehabs both start in mid January, and extend into February. But Pirates reopens first in mid February, while Splash stays down through the end of the month.

Grizzly is also closing this winter in Jan/Feb. Plus several other attractions in both parks, big rides and small rides.

It's the Soarin' rehab that starts in February that's going to be BIG. That ride will be closed until summer, and reopen in HD format.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    The Pirates and Splash rehabs both start in mid January, and extend into February. But Pirates reopens first in mid February, while Splash stays down through the end of the month.

Grizzly is also closing this winter in Jan/Feb. Plus several other attractions in both parks, big rides and small rides.

It's the Soarin' rehab that starts in February that's going to be BIG. That ride will be closed until summer, and reopen in HD format.
    Source?
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

•   
    • Among mad people

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post

If this is true, January is going to suck. Im going down 13-24. I'll be missin Alice, splash, pirates, grr, fantasmic. What's next, rsr? Granted I take rumours with a grain of salt, but it would he nice if Disney would put out their refurb schedule 2 months out instead of 1.

edit: fat fingers + iPhone grrrrr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12